Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raw Power LIVES!

Go down 
+37
ggriffin
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
adams66
sweet_sixteen
Shakes
Radish
dorianmode
Funhouse
world's forgotten boy
Luzern
sheddy
trailerborn
popmansam
Donald
heavy liquid
Paddy08
don_vercetti
Rob Gallucci
freemind
jimmyo
iggy-fan
Rode Hard
marinesgdb
lolakelly
Garageman
Gimme some skin
pernil
Loose1969
EmmaUK
G, F#, E
Stranger09
homesickjameswilliamson
mc
Nadja
JW82
TED
cb
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Radish

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:07 pm

I just heard the news from Ms Cathy...thanx sweetie for letting me know!

Boy was I wrong!! Radish doesn't know everything....that's for sure....I wonder if they'll tour?

I'm sure they'd have to, especially, if they write new tunes! I thought Iggy didn't want to tour though...many they'll keep it on the low end of touring...?

This will be interesting....I can't wait to hear what they come up with and they hit a few good ones out of the park! Not only that, they'll be playing old songs they hadn't before!

Heya...Cyd...who loves ya baby......Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:43 pm

Exciting times
Back to top Go down
Radish

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:45 pm

OMGoodness......I just read some of the posts which is something I don't ususally do....... you guys are too funny....especially garageman.....hahaaaaaaaa

Well, I think James will be able to pull off the old stuff with lotz of practice....he'll only be mimicking his own sound....however, it's the new music that will be a question, indeed.

Iggy's played with a lot of musicians and I would think he'd know if James could pull it off....I would think he'd not want to make a fool of himself.......Sad

Now to be quite honest...though Ronnie is an aweome creative guitar player.......I really loved the evil sound of Whitey.... they were a powerhouse sound.....it just went right through you....chilling actually........and I actually loved Ronnie's playing best when he was playing with J and Watt.....so all I'll say is it'll be interesting.......let's see what happens..... Shocked
Back to top Go down
freemind

freemind

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:57 pm

Can't wait for hear that. I like The Weirdness but i think it miss some drugs influence inside. So they needed like their previously albums: drug influence. Don't beat me please but I prefer their 3 first albums make with drugs (even there is some very good songs in Weirdness O Solo Mio, Claustrophobia, my idea of fun, I'm fried...)
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:59 pm

I seriously hope they draft Scott Thurston - but more for rythm guitar than keys. Check the Old Grey Whistle Test Iggy appearance and the 'New Values' record for examples of his tasty guitar playing. He was practically a Williamson understudy. I've heard he has excellent skills as a general composer/arranger (should they decide to record new stuff) and I don't think Tom Petty is doing anything at the moment.

I also hope to see Williamson attempt to squeeze into his old vampire costume at some point. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Radish

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:02 pm

......hahaaaaaa......I meant trailerborn's post was funny....

bye for now...... Freaking Out
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:18 pm

Rode Hard wrote:
My dream would be to get my guitar signed by James.

This is my exact dream too! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 9:30 pm

trailerborn wrote:
I seriously hope they draft Scott Thurston - but more for rythm guitar than keys. Check the Old Grey Whistle Test Iggy appearance and the 'New Values' record for examples of his tasty guitar playing. He was practically a Williamson understudy. I've heard he has excellent skills as a general composer/arranger (should they decide to record new stuff) and I don't think Tom Petty is doing anything at the moment.

I also hope to see Williamson attempt to squeeze into his old vampire costume at some point. Very Happy

And for a bit of mouth harp on Open Up and Bleed.
Back to top Go down
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:11 am

mixed feelings.

great for iggy, scott, james + much respect to mike watt. it will be odd not seeing ron on bass for this, again, nothing any one can do about it.

great for the fans of raw power, and who wanted to see this lineup.

maybe i will catch a show if they're in my area. iggy is still the only one i haven't been able to meet out of the reformed lineup. obviously i'll meet dave in the afterlife.

so much for "it started with the stooges, and will end with the stooges."
Back to top Go down
sweet_sixteen

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 2:29 am

Its kind of ironic that the last song Ron ever played was 'Search and Destroy' and now it could very well be the first one that James Williamson plays when the Raw Power-Redux era begins. I really like the symmetry of how things work out for the Stooges through the years(with the exception of Ron's passing), rise-fall-rise-fall-rise...
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:16 am

Dag, Cyd, didnt even know you played guitar. Well have to jam on the hippy bus. Its been raining here in FL, a lot! Sun comes out itll be shroom time. Save some for the bus. I think they have to play in FL., I mean both Iggy and Scott live here, we ought to get home field advantage!
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:58 am

Great news.
I too think that a keyboard / second guitar player would be fairly essential for many of the songs that this incarnation of the Stooges would be playing. Scott Thurston is of course the obvious choice, but Seamus Beaghen, who filled the same role in Iggy's 1986 - 1989 bands, might be a good replacement if Thurston wasn't keen.
Looking forward to seeing Iggy and the Stooges asap!
Welcome back James.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:21 am

trailerborn wrote:

I totally agree with this. But I wouldn't call Thurston the under study... in my mind, Thurston was on an equal playing field to James, and had some songs (new values era) that I liked even more ! Smile I hope they will reunite for one last album, which willl include james
Back to top Go down
ggriffin

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:50 am

If Columbia wasn't thinking about a deluxxe reissue of Raw Power, I bet they are now.
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:21 pm

They need to get on to the trader who apparently has pre-release mixes then, to do the job properly...

Smile
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:32 pm

sweet_sixteen wrote:
Its kind of ironic that the last song Ron ever played was 'Search and Destroy' ...

was it, the last song he played?? I wasn't aware of that, or I'd forgotten it, or something
Kind of setting the stage for James's return...tho no-one guessed it then
the hand of fate maybe...Ron bowing out and James coming back in.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:46 pm

Shakes wrote:
. it will be odd not seeing ron on bass for this, again, nothing any one can do about it.

"

yeah, the whole thing is quite intriguing to think about
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 2:40 pm

G, F#, E wrote:

Donald wrote:
What's going to happen to Steve? A JW Stooges line-up doing mostly Raw Power stuff won't need a sax player.

They COULD throw in some "Kill City" songs...

Good point, although I don't know how Steve would feel about playing covers Razz
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 2:58 pm

sweet_sixteen wrote:
the last song Ron ever played was

'Raw Power' Smile Check the info on 30th September 2008, here: http://www.iggy-pop.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 3:22 pm

Yeah, last song was "Raw Power". Video of the last two songs here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce42gWYdYRU
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 3:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvhxotp5Suo&feature=related

Another film of "Raw Power" from the last show with Ron. Inferior quality but complete ending with Ron in the frame at the end of the song!

It is weird that this was the last song.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 3:47 pm

well, the point being that it was a Raw Power-era song.
Back to top Go down
Garageman

Garageman

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:27 pm

I think Steve's saxophone suits Raw Power very well live, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:55 pm

they put saxophone on most songs that didnt originally have them - to my recollection, i think he stood out for a couple, but the ones he played over, some first album songs, worked well i thought, despite what the small polaroid says on the 2cd reissue of funhouse, steve is a stooge

they should try it, it might add something

strange how raw power was the last song we heard him play, guess it is a bit ominous,hope he liked playing it
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 5:46 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
hope he liked playing it

I hope so to. From clips I've seen of him playing "Search And Destroy" he seems to enjoy playing the Williamson songs, he smiles a lot during them. I think Ron just loved playing with The Stooges especially in front of huge crowds of people that loved them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power LIVES!   Raw Power LIVES! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raw Power LIVES!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next