Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New interview on NPR

Go down 
+3
homesickjameswilliamson
JW82
popmansam
7 posters
AuthorMessage
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

New interview on NPR Empty
PostSubject: New interview on NPR   New interview on NPR Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:13 pm

There was a new interview on NPR yesterday. The interview is by Terry Gross on her show Fresh Air. Its mostly about Iggys new album but she also brings up Ron, and he talks about James W. If you euros dont know it our national public radio. WWW.npr .org, click on fresh air.
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: New interview on NPR   New interview on NPR Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:08 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
popmansam

PostSubject: Re: New interview on NPR   New interview on NPR Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:59 pm

Thanks , man, did you notice what he said about Ron and his blood pressure ?
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: New interview on NPR   New interview on NPR Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 12:11 am

popmansam wrote:

Yeah..if he had visited the doctor in the States, he wouldn't have died probably now..it was quite sad to hear..I believe that high level of his blood pressure could have been connected with his likes towards drinkin' booze..unfortunately...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: New interview on NPR   New interview on NPR Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 12:52 am

thanks for the link, great interview, well iggy was a good interviewee, but i thought the woman interviewing him was an idiot, stupid questions and some inappropriate as well

but yeh the Ron stuff was sad to hear, wish he'd taken better care of himself that he may have been with us a little longer, though as iggy said, he went at his best
Back to top Go down
EmmaUK

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: New interview on NPR   New interview on NPR Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:20 am

Interesting interview, thanks!
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: New interview on NPR   New interview on NPR Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:36 am

JW82 wrote:
popmansam wrote:

Yeah..if he had visited the doctor in the States, he wouldn't have died probably now..it was quite sad to hear..I believe that high level of his blood pressure could have been connected with his likes towards drinkin' booze..unfortunately...

Nah Ron wasn't a heavy drinker, just all had to do with him getting older. It's tragic. Sad
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: New interview on NPR   New interview on NPR Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:50 am

"Autumn Leaves" by Nat King Cole and Frank Sinatra sound better than Iggy's version. I never heard Iggy talk much about his moms before. Funny when she said her son had a good physique and his dad said the lyrics sounded like poetry. I didn't know his old pa died just last year. I thought Ron stroked out in his chair all along. That part about Iggy felt bad, mad at Ron, and mad at the people around Ron when he died is exactly how I felt when my best friend died too. That hurts.
Back to top Go down
Funhousehideaway#2

Funhousehideaway#2

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: New interview on NPR   New interview on NPR Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:49 am

Thanks for posting, great interview as is always the case with NPR.
Back to top Go down
popmansam

PostSubject: Re: New interview on NPR   New interview on NPR Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:48 am

I enjoyed it a lot, i think Terry G is a great interveiwer actually. She seems as if she takes the time to find out about people and asks them questions that make them think . How often do you hear Iggy at a loss for words?
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: New interview on NPR   New interview on NPR Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:55 am

Quote :

How often do you hear Iggy at a loss for words?

i get your point popmansam, spose i shouldnt be so nitpicky, i just thought some questions went a bit far or were a little inappropriate, btu i suppose thats how you get these kinds of guys to talk

in any case, iggys a great interviewee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New interview on NPR   New interview on NPR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New interview on NPR
Page 1 of 1