Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist.

Go down 
+5
Aku
don_vercetti
adams66
TeddyB1018
james matlock
9 posters
AuthorMessage
james matlock

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist. Empty
PostSubject: Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist.   Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:51 am

In anticipation of the new/old band working up a song list, how many of the JW songs has Iggy added to his solo set lists. That might show which of the songs are closest to iggy heart.
Back to top Go down
james matlock

PostSubject: Re: Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist.   Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:56 am

I'll start: the lust for life era band with Bowie played

01. Raw Power
06. Gimme Danger
09. I Need Somebody
10. Search and Destroy
Back to top Go down
james matlock

PostSubject: Re: Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist.   Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 7:03 am

the 1978/sonic rendezvous band played:

1. Penetration
3. Kill City
9. Gimme Danger
10. I Got a Right
114. Cock in My Pocket
Back to top Go down
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist.   Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:09 am

Also Beyond the Law.
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist.   Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:07 am

The late 1990s / early 2000s saw Death Trip as a regular in the set.
There are loads actually - it would probably be easier to list the Iggy / James songs that Iggy hasn't played live!
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
don_vercetti

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist.   Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:46 pm

I heard that "you're pretty face is going to hell" was played a few times in the early 80's.
Back to top Go down
Aku

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist.   Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 7:23 pm

don_vercetti wrote:
I heard that "you're pretty face is going to hell" was played a few times in the early 80's.

Over the years Iggy has played every song from the Raw Power album on his solo gigs...and most of Kill City album too...with I Got A Right and Sick of you and Scene of the Crime...During the Instinct tour in 1988 - he played almost every song he ever did with James.
Back to top Go down
mindless

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist.   Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 3:28 am

The best tour was with Andy McCoy in 1988, as noted he did most of KIll City, and floored me with Johanna, never thought I'd see it live.
in 1983 with Frank Infante he used to play Kill City too.
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist.   Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:27 pm

Iggy played Johanna w/ the Trolls also. It was a second encore iirc during the American Caesar show in Detroit at the State Theatre. Nice surprise, that. Also one of the better solo-Iggy shows I've seen.

Some of the lyrics to 'Beyond the Law' were recycled for 'The Winter of My Discontent' - played live during the Party tour.

The State Theatre is now 'The Fillmore'.
Likewise, Pine Knob Music Theatre is now the 'DTE Energy Music Theatre'.
(Only mentioning this for the benefit of non-locals. )
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist.   Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 4:09 am

Iggy has never played "Gimme Some Skin" live as far as I know but he seems to have a real fondness for it if recent interveiws are to go by. It seems likely he'll play it with Wiliamson.
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist.   Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 5:23 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
Iggy has never played "Gimme Some Skin" live as far as I know but he seems to have a real fondness for it if recent interveiws are to go by. It seems likely he'll play it with Wiliamson.

Yes, it'd make a top first encore wouldn't it.

I can't recall ever seeing him do Head On, Rich Bitch, Wet My Bed, Rubber Legs solo. Thankfully I've never seen him do Jesus Loves The Stooges solo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist.   Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Williamson Era song that Iggy did later as a solo artist.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: