Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fun house sessions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ggriffin

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Fun house sessions Empty
PostSubject: Fun house sessions   Fun house sessions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 11:28 am

I have a copy of the box and just went through it for the first time in a while. I've got the songs on my ipod but I'd forgotten how nice the packaging is. Are Ben Edmonds' most excellent liner notes available when you download this from iTunes? (re: the Natalie thread, he says Ron had a nickname, "Cummings", after a TV host).

I wonder if any of you have found a way to deal with the task of listening to this, besides picking a spot to start and listening to it in sequence, or enjoying the takes culled on the 2cd set. Has anyone put together an alternate "best of" this set? Top three takes? Any way to give this a fresh listen besides 'shuffle'?

If the Stooges were the Beatles we'd have a 300 page "Annotated Fun House Sessions" to guide us through. Maybe I need to write it
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Fun house sessions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun house sessions   Fun house sessions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 7:09 pm

As I've noted on other threads on this board, I have a very strange version of this set. It seems to be a semi legit Rhino HandMade promo version. The CDs are all correct but the packaging is a little odd. The one thing I do not have is the liner notes. If anyone does know if they can be had through the ITunes store or if anyone has a way to upload them or whatever, I'd love to know, as well.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Fun house sessions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun house sessions   Fun house sessions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:11 pm

There's a bootleg cd called Peanut Butter with various of the takes on it. I don't have it myself.
Back to top Go down
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-07-19

Fun house sessions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun house sessions   Fun house sessions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:15 pm

as well as the peanut butter cd there is also another bootleg compilation from the fun house box set called declaration of war.http://www.hop-frog.com/Steve%20Mackay/Discography.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redelektra69
Sponsored content

Fun house sessions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun house sessions   Fun house sessions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fun house sessions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: