Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

something i wrote for ron....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sway

sway

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-08-06

something i wrote for ron.... Empty
PostSubject: something i wrote for ron....   something i wrote for ron.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:25 pm

soon after i found out about his death. havent went back + read it in a minute...thought some of you might enjoy it, maybe:

Monday, January 12, 2009

ron asheton, dude.
its january 6th, two thousand and nine. i just woke up from whatever dream, and im standing/face hovered over sink splashing crust/goo/gunk from my still sleepy eyes. hope i turned the alarm clock OFF, sometimes i hit snooze instead. its 11:30 and i dont want to be reminded, again, by that beeping-church-bell squalllll that im already running late for work. still lit ciggie dangles off the edge of my mini-fridge...waiting for my return. no fun.

phone rings...kim gordon/halloween sexy ring tone. its shawny. he sounds drunk. "hey man, ron asheton was found dead this morning.. ."
me: "what the fuck!, you jokin'?"
s: "nah man, i found out this morning"
me: "FUCK! should i feel like an asshole for saying this really sucks, dude didnt even record his solo album yet"
s: "haha, probally doesnt matter, last stooges album sucked".

again...no fun.

it did suck. it sucked bad, actually. but thats despite the point (whatsto be expected of any band that calls it quits for 30 years?)the first two stooges records are probally my fav "rock" albums of all time. period. period-period. they consist of everything i love about r 'n r. noisy/sexy/nasty/tense. scotty's by-the-book electric-blues drumming. iggy's sex-fueled-cat-in-the-freezer-psychotic-vocal-spill. and last, but damned sure certainly not least, rons guitar. that moist 'n fuzzy-drill-stuck-in-the-blender-sonic-fuckin'-ASSAULT. nobody writes riffs like that. nobody (sorry james williamson, its true though) haha, and to think that first stooges album was released the same week as woodstock. the summer of love! i understand why their sound recieved such little attention at that time...fuck it though. lester bangs was cool enough to have dug em....and judging what happened in the mid '70's, a few years after the split up, its obvious that someone was indeed listening (ramones? dead boys? sex pistols?). iggy said something along the lines of "trashy blues for white poor/middle class boys". i think that works.

this is not a history lesson. so, stop swa(y). this isnt even really about the stooges, either. its about ron...

right...ron. back on track.
he knew how to make "looking like ya dont give a shit" look cool. most fail that attempt this task, fail...mis-er-a-bly.
i remember the first time i saw a picture of em. leather jacket, weird scarf, strange/patterned bell-bottom pants. i mean, he looked "cool". outdated, a bit...yeah, but still "cool". his garb spoke loudly about the mini-world he was a part of, this world of strange avant-jazz and rock 'n roll. looked like he didnt give a shit about much outside of music. i could relate... and i couldnt find much in the way of interviews/etc., either. just tid bits of random website/outdated questionaires from dull interviewers. (since they got back together in '03 theres much more to be found). it didnt matter much though...his guitar YELLED at me. i knew whatever i needed to know...

and even outside of the stooges...dude played w/ some pretty fierce/artsy outfits through the years: destroy all monsters, dark carnival (not to be mistaken as having anythink to do with that stupid-psuedo-crazed clown act ICP), the wydle ratttz (3 t's!), the empty set.

w/ all the music, im not sad. wish i could say i knew 'em on a personal basis...always wished the opportunity would come for me to meet 'em. didnt happen though. and really...it doesnt matter. t h e m u s i c i s still t h e r e...ill miss 'em. i hate the fact that i wont get to hear new tunes (and that rumoured solo album!)..but im not sad.

FUN!

and ron...thanks for all the tunes. yr ranked second on my list of favs, and i doubt thatll change any time soon.

-s.

one more thing though...wanna know the real reason why i think the rock and roll hall of fame sucks? because the stooges havent been inducted. maybe they're too cool for that sorta shit anyways.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: something i wrote for ron....   something i wrote for ron.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 4:55 pm

sway wrote:
the first two stooges records are probally my fav "rock" albums of all time. period. period-period. they consist of everything i love about r 'n r. noisy/sexy/nasty/tense. scotty's by-the-book electric-blues drumming. iggy's sex-fueled-cat-in-the-freezer-psychotic-vocal-spill. and last, but damned sure certainly not least, rons guitar..

what about the bass? Smile

anyway nice to read, thanks
Back to top Go down
sway

sway

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: something i wrote for ron....   something i wrote for ron.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 6:51 pm

yeah man...sorry about that. i was mainly trying to focus on ron, and it seems i included everyone but dave...eek!

i love daves playing though...the outro to anne is probally one of my favorite examples of dave doing what he did...very simplistic, yes...but totally raunchy.

love it.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: something i wrote for ron....   something i wrote for ron.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 7:52 pm

raunchy...YEAH

his bass and Ron's guitar was just the best combination
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: something i wrote for ron....   something i wrote for ron.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

something i wrote for ron....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: