Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Rationals reissue

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

The Rationals reissue Empty
PostSubject: The Rationals reissue   The Rationals reissue Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 11:00 am

Anyone who knows their Stooges history will have heard the name...

now hear 'em for yerself!

http://tinyurl.com/njpbd8
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: The Rationals reissue   The Rationals reissue Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 11:07 am

got it.
it's great,all early singles+demos ,it's great,price is cheap,it's 2 cds
just buy it
iggy 's on 1 track on bass drum!
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: The Rationals reissue   The Rationals reissue Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 12:33 am

Got it too. Great great collection, worth every penny. No doubt they had to have some influence on bands like the Stooges(Iggy was wearing a Rationals shirt even), as they were a brilliant Ann Arbor garage-band with a hard, rough style. At least till they got more into soul music. Found a nice article concerning the Rationals, including a short story regarding Iggy's contribution: http://www.scottmorganmusic.com/scott_rationals.html.
As you said neven, Iggy did the bass drum on "Feelin' Lost". Realesed on the "Feelin' Lost / Little Girls Cry" and the "Respect/Feeling Lost" single. Guessing they used the same version on both singles, but changed the A-side to "Respect" due to it's hit potential.

"I need you"(Kinks cover) is one of the rawest and snotty garage-songs I've ever heard. Strangely enough they did two songs named "I need you", but the latter was a slow soul song. Both appearing on the cd's of course. Smile
Back to top Go down
zaval80

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: The Rationals reissue   The Rationals reissue Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 3:44 pm

Got it in my shop, too, and it hadn't left my Discman for days. Wish there were a comp like that for every band Smile

Liked their soul stuff very much. Another white band in this vein that I'm aware of is The Zoo - I think their guitar player ended up in Heart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rationals reissue   The Rationals reissue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rationals reissue
Page 1 of 1