Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New James Williamson Interview

Go down 
+9
homesickjameswilliamson
adams66
mc
Donald
dynamite boogie
Funhouse
ElRoi
JW82
studioguy
13 posters
AuthorMessage
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

New James Williamson Interview Empty
PostSubject: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:13 pm

Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 8:06 pm

Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 9:29 pm

This articles makes me even sadder that I foolishly did not make every effort possible to have seen the Stooges in 03, 05 or 07. I absentmindedly screwed around and missed out on musical history. I absolutely will not miss out this time.
Back to top Go down
Funhouse

Funhouse

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:11 pm

I can't get the link to open, could anybody post a copy of the interview here?
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:40 pm

Funhouse wrote:
I can't get the link to open, could anybody post a copy of the interview here?

The I-94 website seems to be down at the moment, but I just found these tidbits:

Stooges Reunite With “Raw Power” Guitarist, Prep ATP Gig and Tour
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/09/03/stooges-reunite-with-raw-power-guitarist-prep-atp-gig-and-tour/

Center Stooge - Iggy and the Stooges' James Williamson comes out of retirement to play his classic songs with the Careless Hearts
http://www.metroactive.com/metro/09.02.09/music-0935.html

Iggy Pop and James Williamson: Where the Debris Meets the Sea
http://www.emusic.com/features/spotlight/UKSEP06.html

Stooges To Work With James Williamson: 'Raw Power' Era Reformation
http://www.clashmusic.com/news/stooges-to-work-with-james-williamson
Back to top Go down
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-07-19

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:42 pm

i94bar website link is now working http://www.i94bar.com/ints/james-williamson09.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redelektra69
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 2:32 pm

Very interesting! The ATP shows are unlikely to be the first. Original Raw Power mix to be made available again.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 3:51 pm

I have a feeling i'm gonna like the new material with JW onboard much more than Skull Ring and the Weirdness.

Couple a low key gigs before the Apollo, I would so love to see them at a show for 200-300max!
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:12 pm

Great interview - James seems really enthusiastic to get some new material recorded too, which is encouraging.
I'm glad there will be some warm up shows before the Raw Power London gigs, so the ATP shows will be fantastic and bug-free.
May seems like a long way off...
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 4:49 pm

thanks for posting, great interview

good news he wants to record. hope they dont push it too hard and wait and release a really good album

annoyed to hear ATP wont be the first gigs - i wanted to be at raw power bands second gig ever! i'll try and get to it wherever they have it though - within reason

although i was wondering why there first gig wouldnt be on american soil so that makes sense - i hope for some 200/300 capacity gigs too, that would be amazing

and good news about raw power being rereleased, is this the boxset we heard about a while ago? also how cool would it be if james remixed/remastered it himself - give us a third choice of mix, one with the power of iggys mix but the nuance of bowies, somewhere in the middle, where you can hear everybody really clearly
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:00 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
thanks for posting, great interview

good news he wants to record. hope they dont push it too hard and wait and release a really good album

annoyed to hear ATP wont be the first gigs - i wanted to be at raw power bands second gig ever! i'll try and get to it wherever they have it though - within reason

although i was wondering why there first gig wouldnt be on american soil so that makes sense - i hope for some 200/300 capacity gigs too, that would be amazing

and good news about raw power being rereleased, is this the boxset we heard about a while ago? also how cool would it be if james remixed/remastered it himself - give us a third choice of mix, one with the power of iggys mix but the nuance of bowies, somewhere in the middle, where you can hear everybody really clearly

I would hope they would do something small in Michigan, but it will probably be New York and/or LA. The sad fact of the matter is that the Stooges are probably more appreciated in Europe and elsewhere than here in the US. I don't personally know anyone who even listens to the Stooges; much less knows anything about them.

Now what is this of a Raw Power boxset?

Never mind, I found the thread.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:12 pm

So the ATP gigs aren't going to be the first of the reunited "Iggy & The Stooges"? Personally I feel a bit cheated and I thought it was a suitably long break after the death of Ron.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 9:10 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
So the ATP gigs aren't going to be the first of the reunited "Iggy & The Stooges"? Personally I feel a bit cheated and I thought it was a suitably long break after the death of Ron.

They should do the very first warm-up show somewhere in Michigan. Bring it all back home.
Back to top Go down
Donald

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 12:01 pm

G, F#, E wrote:

Why do you feel cheated? Did you honestly think they'd not do any gigs until next May?
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:58 pm

Donald wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:

Why do you feel cheated? Did you honestly think they'd not do any gigs until next May?

If there is a god, they will play somewhere in the southeast US at some point. If there is a god.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:59 pm

New info rom Iggypop.org:

11.07.09: Iggy and the Stooges play Planeta Terra 2009, Sao Paolo, Brazil
Back to top Go down
Radish

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 11:32 pm

Glad I dropped by.......since Ron's not here....his words from beyond the grave.....Q n A ....(scroll down).... two separate opinions...

http://www.phawker.com/2009/01/06/breaking-stooges-guitarist-ron-asheton-dead-at-60/

Not to take anything away from James and his time to shine. He's indeed written some amazing material!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 4:14 pm

Quote :
11.07.09: Iggy and the Stooges play Planeta Terra 2009, Sao Paolo, Brazil

wow, that was quick lol

no doubt an easy summer tour will form
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 5:40 pm

I did actually Donald. Like I said, a suitable, respectful break after Ron's death.
Back to top Go down
coffeepotman

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:36 am

I think/hope the material with James will be better than Skull Ring or Weirdness. That stuff was good but only good in an Iggy solo kind of way, which isn't saying much for his solo work in the past 20 years.
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:09 pm

thanks for posting
Back to top Go down
Donald

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 3:26 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
I did actually Donald. Like I said, a suitable, respectful break after Ron's death.

10 months is pretty respectful. Especially since Iggy was initially trying to figure out how he could honour the gigs he'd already booked. Don't forget, if they don't work, they don't get paid.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 5:48 pm

Should at least be a year in my opinion. And I hardly believe any of The Stooges are strapped for cash anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New James Williamson Interview   New James Williamson Interview Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New James Williamson Interview
Page 1 of 1