Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)

Go down 
+25
heavy liquid
dynamite boogie
Natalie
krugersoldier
ElRoi
dorianmode
hank67
Cherry
gazatthebop
coffeepotman
StoogesForever69
sway
G, F#, E
emanon
Rode Hard
Monger
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
TED
homesickjameswilliamson
don_vercetti
Nadja
JW82
trailerborn
lolakelly
cb
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Empty
PostSubject: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:12 pm

andagainandagainandagain
it's gettin ridiculous
esp. when the stooges are not gonna get it again.
I'm curious when that thick-headed jury is finally gettin convinced.
Stooges should get the prize for most often nominated Hall of Fame band
Back to top Go down
lolakelly

lolakelly

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:41 pm

Fuck the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 410
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 10:33 pm

lolakelly wrote:
Fuck the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Exactly.

They should pull a Lydon and tell them to screw themselves. Especially after the embarrassing Madonna covers and Patti Smith/Michael Stipe cover of 'Dog' the last time round.

I prefer the Stooges as scrappy underdogs, not feted elder-statesmen.

"Badges? We don't need no steenking badges..."
Back to top Go down
JW82
Six String Terrorist
JW82

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 10:39 pm

I had no idea that LL Cool J is more rock'n'roll than Stooges. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tosterhead/music
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 10:47 pm

And ABBA..and I haven't even heard of some of the other nominees.
No point in getting worked up about it though...this thing just becomes stranger every year, I think we all know that now!!
Back to top Go down
don_vercetti

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:45 am

stooges will be in this year, i've got a gut feeling.
Back to top Go down
lolakelly

lolakelly

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 1:00 am

you're probably right, sadly enough
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 2:47 am

they're in this year, bound to be

although i said it last year, i dont care, i was worked up for last years one and they didnt let them in, now i dont care
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 2:52 am

What the hell does it really matter or mean ?
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 2:53 am

How many get in?.... this year has some tough competition... Kiss, ABBA, Peppers... but I think the stooges def. have a chance.

But this is kinda stupid now... I mean most the artists arn't even rock n roll... eventually the stooges will get in,
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:38 am

Just remember what a joke the hall of fame is...set up by a bunch of steven stills/Harry chapin fans who ponder Bob Dylans tediously dull music 45 years later
Its all about how much money you can make the record co's with the reissue shit...Rotten hit it on the head last time!
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:51 am

Read the comments on the link. Most everyone agrees the Stooges are a shoe-in this time. I like this show. No matter who gets inducted.
Back to top Go down
emanon

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 9:53 am

The HOF continues to prove it's irrelevence every year...if they get in, (how pathetic that it was ever an if)
this might be the best oportunity ever for Iggy's schlong to come out...don't know when the last time he did that, but...[/i]
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:50 pm

It should be noted that no one has been nominated 8 times without getting in...
Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:18 pm

Quote :
It should be noted that no one has been nominated 8 times without getting in...

yeh? thats such a stooge thing, still under appreciated lol, well doubley appreciated as most bands, but by a small number of people lol

they dont need this, who does? they've always been the outsiders, the loners, like iggy said they used to hang outside discount records like crows (think that was the metaphor)

they were appreciated, finally, by alot of people for the last five years

u'no i was just thinking about glastonbury 07 when they played, and as usual were widely accepted as the best thing at the festival

and i was thinking; for 5 years they were consistently 'voted'/accepted as the best thing at virtually each festival they played at i think thats amazing

i doubt any other band, esp the newer 'big bands' (killers/kings of leon etc) could ever be judged to be the best thing at each festival they play at, i think thats a great legacy and i'm glad, again thinking about them playing to 200,000 people at glastonbury, that Ron finally got a chance to see that, it must have been a great sight
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:27 pm

I wanted The Stoogesto get in when Ron was still here as he'd said he would have liked to be there with his heroes. Now that he's gone it doesn't matter. It's a ridiculous concept and if they get in, I reackon Iggy should get his dick out (like emanon said) throw their equipment against the amps to make a shit load of feedback, refuse the award and walk off. 1968 style.
Back to top Go down
lolakelly

lolakelly

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:56 pm

The Stooges certainly don't need validating by some geriatric voting committee, considering the same band of morons gave 'em the boot 7 times already...

Like Groucho Marx once said: "I don't want to belong to any club that would accept me as a member"

The attendance at the reunion gigs in recent years shows that the people have spoken, and in huge numbers. Way more important than your picture on some wall in Cleveland.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 7:09 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
I wanted The Stoogesto get in when Ron was still here as he'd said he would have liked to be there with his heroes. Now that he's gone it doesn't matter. It's a ridiculous concept and if they get in, I reackon Iggy should get his dick out (like emanon said) throw their equipment against the amps to make a shit load of feedback, refuse the award and walk off. 1968 style.

sgree with all this - especially the feedback part!!
Back to top Go down
sway

sway

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:08 pm

the stooges will probally get nominated when theres no one left to nominate.

haha

they are def. those kind of outsiders.

fuck it, for real.
Back to top Go down
StoogesForever69

StoogesForever69

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:00 am

i never really got it its called The Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame
Rock Bands SHOULD BE In It.
Back to top Go down
coffeepotman

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 8:49 pm

Monger wrote:
Just remember what a joke the hall of fame is...set up by a bunch of steven stills/Harry chapin fans who ponder Bob Dylans tediously dull music 45 years later
Its all about how much money you can make the record co's with the reissue shit...Rotten hit it on the head last time!

Lydon hit the nail on the head...."Next to the Sex Pistols, rock and roll and that hall of fame is a piss stain. Your museum. Urine in wine. We're not coming. We're not your monkeys...." Just add Stooges instead of Sex Pistols
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 11:35 pm

its gonna be a real downer if the stooges get in for me. Part of the appeal has always been that they are outsiders, i can only hope they turn up and tell whoever to fuck off loud and clear....Scotty said the only reason the Pistols didnt show was because they could not afford the fare...bands have to pay to be part of the audience to collect their award.
Back to top Go down
Cherry

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:51 am

This time will be the right one, but unlike many others, I never dreamt to see The Stooges inducted in that terrible museum...
Back to top Go down
hank67

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:02 pm

it's just a corporate thing, the stooges shouldn't be in it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)   Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges nominated for the Rock Hall of Fame AGAIN!:)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: