Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.

Go down 
+20
freemind
Triskell
jdb1982
G, F#, E
adams66
stooges
CARLTON
Natalie
gazatthebop
LuckyMonkey
Iguanas
francois
23rd Express
coffeepotman
Lucas
iggy-fan
neven
ElRoi
specotron
StoogesFan
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jdb1982

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-05-27

Metallic KO - opinions and help needed. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Metallic KO - opinions and help needed. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:07 pm

Just been reading through the forum and I didn't know Metallica KO had pitch problems. I have the 2 cd and the lp, I'm going to hold off on getting the single cd issue because the second I do word will come out about a better version.
Back to top Go down
Triskell

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Metallic KO - opinions and help needed. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:37 pm

You need Metallic KO and you need it now. Hopefully, there will be box sets with remasters and outtakes later, but that will have to wait.
Back to top Go down
jdb1982

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Metallic KO - opinions and help needed. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:40 pm

Triskell wrote:
You need Metallic KO and you need it now. Hopefully, there will be box sets with remasters and outtakes later, but that will have to wait.

Yeah I checked around and the price isn't bad for the single cd reissue. I only listened to the 2 cd a few times because I had the lp. Can't believe I didn notice the pitch error Embarassed
Back to top Go down
freemind

freemind

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Metallic KO - opinions and help needed. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 11:02 am

I m looking for it on the web for THE good version like seventeen had explained in his very helpfull topic.. Metallic KO aka the best live of the univers.

Edit : I finally found Marc Zermati's mix (second version)! I'm going to upload it. If someone is interest send me a PM
Back to top Go down
jdb1982

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Metallic KO - opinions and help needed. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:23 am

I caved last night and bought a used copy of the newest single disc version. 3rd copy of Metallic KO (lp, 2cd, and now single corrected cd). 4 more versions can come out before I say enough Laughing

Can't wait to here it at the right pitch....though I didn't know until the other day mine are wrong.
Back to top Go down
jaredlange911

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Metallic KO - opinions and help needed. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:22 pm

If anyone has a dowload of the correct pitch/speed corrected version I would much appreciate a copy. I've been looking for it online forever. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
stooge

stooge

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Metallic KO - opinions and help needed. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:31 am

I'm listening to the Jungle Records 2009 release, and it sounds pretty good to me. I don't hear any speed issues, but I may not have the best ear for that kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
adamsmith13

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Metallic KO - opinions and help needed. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:40 pm

Can somebody please tell me what the actual set list of the 1974.february (last) show was?

Wikipedia says it was

Heavy Liquid
I Got Shit
Rich Bitch
Gimme Danger
Cock in My Pocket
Louie Louie

E.g. What about open up and bleed? It's written everywhere that it was the last song from the 73' show, but on it's end Iggy announces 'I Got Shit'.
And I don't think It begun with heavy liquid but who knows.
And what about wet my bed, wich is always mentioned but included on none of the copies?
Ahh.
It would be just great to listen to the entire show at once. Iggy's behavior and the bait is fuckin influental to me. And as a concert-going guy, I hate when a live CD don't contain songs that were played at the concert.
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Metallic KO - opinions and help needed. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 10:34 am

adamsmith13 wrote:
Can somebody please tell me what the actual set list of the 1974.february (last) show was?

last night show;9/2/74
Wet my Bed
rich bitch
i got nothin'
heavy liquid
cock in my pocket
louie,louie
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
Stranger09

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Metallic KO - opinions and help needed. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:56 pm

It's been said before, but with all the publicity Iggy and the Stooges are getting, it's about time these gigs were put out in as good sound as possible, as complete as possible.

I've been reminded again, doing some clean-ups on Audacity, how it's possible in pursing 'tweaks' (ie raise bass here, reduce hiss there) how much care is required (and I appreciate studios / record companies will use much more complex software, or at least I hope so! Smile) as sometimes you find the first tweaks were enough and later tweaks have done more to muddy the sound than bring any benefit (I mention that was I wondering just now if the sound was muddy on one of the recent releases for that sort of reason).

Anyway here's hoping a release comes from the mastertapes sometime soon....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.   Metallic KO - opinions and help needed. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallic KO - opinions and help needed.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2