Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA

Go down 
+3
ElRoi
mc
homesickjameswilliamson
7 posters
AuthorMessage
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA Empty
PostSubject: TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA   TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 2:02 am

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/cd_reviews/article6883957.ece

The Stooges: You Want My Action

Today, Iggy Pop is best known as that funny old man in the Swiftcover advert, but in the early 1970s, his group, the Stooges, sculpted alternative rock’s signature sounds. Here’s a beautifully packaged four-CD set of poorly recorded spring 1971 dates that are nonetheless audibly amazing. A short-lived quintet with two guitarists, Ron Asheton and his subsequent replacement, James Williamson, rage furiously behind a largely inaudible and surely uninsurable Pop. Of the six-song set, all but I Got a Right disappeared somewhere between the Fun House and Raw Power albums, but Big Time Bum invents American hardcore punk 10 years early and the swaggering You Don’t Want My Name, You Want My Action should make Williamson’s and Pop’s 2010 reunion set.

Easy Action EARS023
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA   TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 2:28 am

Holy shit can't believe it gets such a good review, I mean we know it deserves it. I'm just surprised!
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA   TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 3:36 am

I don't know about the "funny old man" part. I 've always thought Iggy has aged rather gracefully and seems to have more energy than men half his age. Besides that, it is great to see the mainstream finally giving one of the greatest rock bands America has ever and probably will ever produce their due. Maybe the record industry will sit up & take notice of and honor the greatness that they have for so very long dismissed while embracing pretenders to the throne.
Back to top Go down
Rob Gallucci

Rob Gallucci

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA   TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 4:19 am

A shockingly fair review! Well done TimesOnline!
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA   TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 5:13 am

I wonder if the folks at Easy Action have seen this?
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA   TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:10 am

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:

Today, Iggy Pop is best known as that funny old man in the Swiftcover advert,

is he? Laughing
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA   TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 4:47 pm

Nadja wrote:
homesickjameswilliamson wrote:

Today, Iggy Pop is best known as that funny old man in the Swiftcover advert,

is he? Laughing

Yeah, Really? If he had just left that entire line out of the review and added another star it would have been perfect.
Back to top Go down
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA   TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:35 pm

Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA   TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:04 pm

ElRoi, Iggy's great but he's not aged gracefully by any means I don't think he even accepts he's 60. Still glad the review was so positive.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA   TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:20 pm

Well, I just hope I have as much energy as he seems to have when I'm his age.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA   TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TimesOnline review of EA's YWMA
Page 1 of 1