Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews

Go down 
+5
trailerborn
neven
ElRoi
Natalie
Iguanas
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Empty
PostSubject: Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews   Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:01 pm

My first review - http://mixer.com.hr/?p=2366

Last edited by Iguanas on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:41 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews   Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:07 pm

Big congratulations to you. Goran. Can you see the balloons I sent flying to you?

Even though I can not read it, I know it is good!
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews   Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 5:49 pm

Loosely translated via WordMonkey:

Record label Easy Action has issued a box with the Stooges concert recordings from 1971 years. The group was playing concerts in this set with two guitarists, Ron Asheton and James Williamson, and with them are still talking to Jimmy played bass, Scott Asheton and unavoidable on drums and Iggy Pop. On the disc are four concerts in Detroit (the first concert of the tour - Vanity Ballroom 13.04.), New York (two concerts from The Electric Circus 14 and 15.05.) St Louis (The Factory 27.05.) And part of the last concert in Michigan which played only the brothers Asheton and Jimmi talking. The set list on this tour consisted of six songs: I Got A Right, You Do not Want My Name, Fresh Rag, Dead Bodies, Big Time Bum and Do You Want My Love. None of these songs was released two official albums The Stooges, depending on the current mood, Iggy was announced this song different names, like "New York pussy smells like dog shit" or "St Louis Adolescent Nightmare." At the first concert in New York, Iggy was the sung songs and classic "The Shadow Of Your Smile," and to sing in the performances when a good mood, he remained the custom to this day.This exclusive edition is special and the cover is designed as a book, with pages containing discs, booklet that includes previously unpublished photos from the tour, replicas of Polaroid, as well as a replica of the map. Sound quality is not perfect, since the original recordings made on tape, but regardless, this box is a piece of history that every true lover of music, The Stooges must have in your collection. Why hurry, this box is limited to only 1000 pieces. More about The Stooges tour of 1971 years and how this box was built soon on our website.
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

PostSubject: Re: Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews   Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:36 pm

Thank you Natalie. I wrote this review as a little advertisement for Easy Action. I agreed to one link in the text and one link on the front page. People in this region don't know about EA. My column starts out next week. In one part is something about you (of course, all the best Smile ). Here, most people know only for Iggy Pop, so I will try to write a story about Ron Asheton (after the breakup of the Stooges). Ron made a lot of good music after the Stooges.

Thanks for the translation ElRoi.

Goran
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews   Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 4:37 pm

Don't forget Scott Asheton. The beats he laid down with Sonic's Rendezvous Band are as good or better than the work he did as a Stooge.
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews   Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:48 pm

nice one goran!
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

PostSubject: Re: Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews   Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:02 am

neven wrote:
nice one goran!

Thanks Cor.
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews   Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 12:34 am

Congrats, man. You should start growing a Lester Bangs-ish moustache in celebration.
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

PostSubject: Re: Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews   Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:28 am

trailerborn wrote:
Congrats, man. You should start growing a Lester Bangs-ish moustache in celebration.

I tried with the mustache, but did not help. I'm still just a fan, not a journalist.

My column started today:
JESUS LOVES THE STOOGES - Return of James Williamson Part 1.
http://mixer.com.hr/?p=2615
Special thanks to: Michael Tipton , John Catto and Jasminka Maligec de Escobio.

Maybe ElRoi translates the text. Very Happy

Goran
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews   Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:50 am

Here you go brother Stooge. It is loosely translated via Word Monkey. I did a little editing to try and help in the translation process.

JESUS LOVES THE Stooges: The Return of James Williamson Part 1

"Leaving for Tel Aviv tomorrow, 45 minutes from Jeruselum. Maybe I can find out whether or not Jesus really does love the Stooges .... On the other hand, I think I already know the answer to that one ...."
(James Williamson 15.10.2009)

Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Iggypopscottashetonijam
Iggy Pop, Scott Asheton and James Williamson (1974).
Photo by John Catto

IGGY and the Stooges, 9 February 1974, Detroit, Michigan sold out Palace. It was known that the local band The Scorpions saves concert disorder, and increased security, but without success. The concert began with the song "Wet My Bed." On stage flying bottles, cans, eggs ... Iggy throws back for all audiences. After the song "Cock In My Pocket" Iggy a band, thanks to the audience at the eggs and bottles flying at the stage and announces the 45 minute long version of "Louie Louie". "God, I never thought it would come to this ..." itself speaks into the microphone. The song ends after more than 3 minutes, shattering the glass that breaks on the stage. Iggy once again thanks, for all the bottles that ended in his head, and the audience wants more luck with the shooting at the next concert.

Michael Tipton, a big fan and friend of the group, and a cult figure with the Detroit scene early seventies (currently working on several projects that he says "about the whole Detroit thing"), filming a concert, and this article says:

"The recording was made on 15-go, a copy of the group were received at 3 ¾-go. Recorded with two Shure microphone audio. James lost a copy of which I gave him ... asked Ron to make him a new copy. Ron told him that he downloaded his copy of the tape. "

Ron James at the end of loaned his copy, a copy of the James and Iggy have sold record label Sky Dog for $ 2000. The recording was released on plates Metallic KO (1976) and reizdanju called Metallic 2XK.O. (1988). In these editions appears to Michael, another recording. Iggy and the Stooges in 1973 was held two concerts at the Michigan Palace, fifth and sixth in October "Sky Dog has compiled these editions of the second concert (1973) and the last concert (1974). Both concerts were recorded, "reel to reel," the 15-go, "says Michael, adding a scoop for all fans and collectors gupe:"The Michigan Palace show I recorded on tape, and I have almost a full tape of last night. In it, the song Wet my bed, and more. I have photos from all three nights. "These images are so far not known to exist, let alone the possibility of recording, publication, Michael says," Yes, I do to prepare it. Also I will publish the images New Order (Ron Ashetonova groups, 1975/76). I think I have three concerts.

About his plans, Michael said: "I hope to before the end of the year to Michigan. I got there a lot of different things about the MC5, Bob Segeu, Mich. Ryder, Brownsville Station, Rationals ... images, pictures and more. I hope to find there, all in good condition. Recordings record label will sell the "Easy Action", and maybe some other things to put on auction. I will tell you soon with new information..

After the breakup of the group, working with Iggy Pop James Williamson back in a couple of occasions.During his treatment of addictions and mental breakdown in 1975 at the weekly going out of the hospital recorded material for a new board, but after a fruitless attempt to find a label to diverge (this demo is 1977 years record label released "Bomb Records" called "Kill City "). After that, again collaborating on Iggyjevoj solo panel "New Values" (1979), and begin working together on the board, "Soldier" (1980), but after an argument in a study break all contacts and James retires from the music business.

Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Ronashetonscottthurston
Ron Asheton, Scott Thurston and Iggy Pop (1974).
Photo by John Catto

35 years after a concert in Michigan Palace, James Williamson in a small town in Hawaii Lapakahi recording a new song, the instrumental "Pokii," which in Hawaiian means "little sister". By his own admission, James was not seriously played guitar with Iggy argument from 1980 years. Somehow at the same time, the first of January this year in his apartment in Ann Arbor, died of a heart attack, Ron Asheton, The Stooges guitarist and later bassist in the Iggy and The Stooges. On the list of 100 greatest guitarists of all time, Rolling Stone, Ron has taken 29 place.

Although his death is the definitive end of the Stooges, who reunited 2003, recorded a new album and played continuously until the end of 2008, but begin to circulate rumors that The Stooges continue to work, and mentioned Steve Jones (Sex Pistols) and Deniz Tek (Radio Birdman) as a possible replacement for Ron. Iggy, fortunately, give up on it, and takes excellent jazz album, "Preliminares.

And then it happened something the fans dreamed of for years.After almost 30 years that have not heard, Iggy telephone call James and ask him whether he is interested to join, and invited him to his nasup in Los Angeles (Benefit Concert, Club Nokia 08.05.2009). James has not spoken about a possible collaboration, but appeared at the concert. Not joined the band on stage, which is understandable since it is not played for years, and Iggy was playing his set with guitarist Steve Jones and the rhythm section, Red Hot Chili Peppers (Flea & Chad Smith).

Iggy continues promoting his new album, and it seemed that there would be anything from a new joint project. However, after much hesitation, James called him and said he would try. The problem was that he still has not played all year, but then a chance acquaintance helps him to finally return to music. ... Continued

wrote: Goran Polak

Special thanks to: Michael Tipton, John Catto and Jasminka Maligec de Escobio.

All photos are published with the permission of the author.
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

PostSubject: Re: Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews   Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:19 am

Thanks a lot Elroi.
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

PostSubject: Re: Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews   Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 12:47 am

Thanks for all the comments for the first part. Smile
The second part was published today:
http://mixer.com.hr/?p=2647

Loosely translated via WordMonkey:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JESUS LOVES THE Stooges: The Return of James Williamson Part 2

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

The shop Griffin Instruments, James Williamson had met a young musician, journalist and DJ. His name is Derek See, and his group called "Careless Hearts." I asked Derek to me for this article describe their first encounter with James. He wrote:

"I met James when I was helping him at the music store I work at. I didn't recognize him until he told me his name then my jaw just about hit the floor. I can't say that I can take credit for him playing again; he started playing guitar (as well as lap steel, ukulele) again shortly before I met him. perhaps through the article I wrote and my friendship with him it encouraged him and gave him the confidence to perform again, but I truly cannot take credit for that. I am honored to play music with him most definitely! "

James and Derek agreed for the ninth rujan 2009 joint appearance Derek's band Careless Hearts, "and James in the Blank Club in San Jose.Soon they started with rehearsals, and as an additional member to join them, and saxophonist Steve Mackey, a longtime the supplementary member of Stooges (1970, 2003/2008). Set list concert in San Jose consisted of songs: Raw Power, Gimme Danger, I Need Somebody, Penetration, Search & Destroy (from Raw Power), No Sense of Crime, and Theme Night I Got Nothin '(from the album Kill City), but the songs are derived Ron Ashetona: 1970, Funhouse, Loose, TV Eye and I Want to Be Your Dog (with the first two records The Stooges), and songs: Cock in My Pocket, I Got A Right and "Metallic KO version of "Louie Louie song. It is interesting that James played Ron's songs on the strat (he usually plays on the guitar Gibson Les Paul, Martin, 359, and Capo), that guitar sound was authentic original versions. I read many comments about this concert. Opinions are divided people, most enthusiastic concert, all praise band Careless Hearts, but has objections to James play. Opinion of some people that he didn't play too long and that his lack of exercise are to return to old form. I reviewed the video recording with 10 songs and my opinion is that the concert was excellent. I really did not matter if James played a wrong note or not, music was strong, the audience happy and what is most important in all - James is back.

So it all started. James goes to Los Angeles to the first rehearsal. With him in the band are Scott Asheton (drums), Mike Watt (bass) and Steve Mackay (sax). Iggy was not the first rehearsals, he joined the twentieth September. The songs are mostly practicing songs that James played with the Careless Hearts and my question whether it will play the song "Open up and bleed," one of my favorite songs Iggy and The Stooges, James replied me: "exercise and ... whether we will run or not has not been decided .... but just to know, and I like it. " I asked Derek wether there are chances that he might play another guitar at future concerts. "I will not be playing 2nd guitar with the Stooges, but if asked I would do it in a heartbeat! I am, however, James' guitar tech/ assistant for the Stooges tours. "He answered.

It was agreed that the concerts will be held under the name of Iggy and the Stooges, which is the logical choice.

Here To emphasize the difference between the groups The Stooges and Iggy and The Stooges. Apparently it's the same group, but it is important to emphasize that under the name The Stooges released two official albums, "The Stooges" (1969) and "Fun House" (1970). All tracks signed complete group, but Iggy and Ron Asheton (as a guitarist) are authors of songs. The group officially stopped working July ninth 1971 years. In May 1972, at the invitation of David Bowie, Iggy and James went to London with the aim to establish a new group, and record plate. After fruitless auditions for a bassist and drummer Iggy was eventually invited the brothers Asheton, Ron and Scott, to join them. Ron has gone on bass, and James became the only guitarist in the band. Album, "Raw Power" was released in May 1973, the band's name was changed to "Iggy and The Stooges, and the authors of all songs are Iggy and James. James' songs are much different musical concept than Ron's songs, and it is interesting to add that this new band during its existence from 1972 to 1974 was never publicly played any Ron's song from The Stooges records, so the band Iggy and The Stooges played only songs by James Williamson.

What can we expect next year from Iggy Pop and society?

First and foremost a great return Iggy and The Stooges. Concerts already agree, and are known and some specific dates. Tickets for a concert in London (Hammersmith Apollo 2-3.05.2010.) Have been released for sale and reportedly already sold out. In one mail Steve Mackay wrote to me that he hopes to come to Croatia or Serbia next year, so it seems that in the preparation and the European part of the tour.

Another good news is that Columbia Legacy, in April next year, issued remasters version of "Raw Power" album (original mix David Bowie from 1972 years), which includes a bonus CD with never before released recordings of the concert from Atlanta in 1973.

Also the record label Rhino Records bought the recording from Ungano's club in New York City on 1970. The recording quality is all these years was owned by a man who sought compensation too that it is posted.

To end, Easy Action and Natalie 'Stoogling' Schlossman plan to publish a replica of the original fan club materials, from 1969 to 1971 with the bonus mini CD on which will be published some rare live recordings, Natalie has found that while preparing material for to release.

Natalie Schlossman in 1969 formed The Stooges Fan Club. From 1969 to 1974 she was on about 70 of their performances (her favorite place was stands by Ron amplifiers), and as a close friend of the group was with them on many rehearsals and parties. Currently, in collaboration with Per Nilsen (author of a book on Iggy Pop "The Wild One") she working on a book about those times. Natalie few months ago sent me some of his old private photos of the Stooges. Some will be published in a book and believe me, photos are great.

Early next year will be publish the recording of the concert by James Williamson and Careless Hearts at the Blank Club on CD and double vinyl, with the bonus DVD. Order for this edition can do on the official website labels Easy Action. My warm recommendations.

Apparently next year will certainly be a haven for all fans of the group, but the most important thing was happened this year, on the seventh of November, at Planeta Terra Festival in Sao Paulo in Brazil.

IGGY AND THE STOOGES ARE HELD COMEBACK CONCERT.

... continue

wrote: Goran Polak

Special thanks to: Derek See, Robert Wellington and Jasminka Maligec de Escobio.

All photos are published with the permission of the author.
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

PostSubject: Re: Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews   Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 2:38 am

The last part was published today:
http://mixer.com.hr/?p=3961

Loosely translated via WordMonkey (except James, Steve and Derek's words - original text):

JESUS LOVES THE Stooges: The Return of James Williamson Part 3

Planet Earth Festival 2009 brought together 15 artists, who over two nights on two alternating stages, but without a doubt, the main attractions of the festival was a concert IGGY AND THE STOOGES, the first joint appearance Iggy Pop and guitarist James Williamson after 35 years.

From the first measures of "Raw Power" until Iggy's departure from the stage, with trousers down to his knees, band is more than 70 minutes of intense performances conducted through the wild seventies. Despite years to carry on their backs and a few pounds more than before, Iggy doesn't refused audience for their usual energetic stage performance, including: jumping and rolling on the stage, breaking the microphone stand, pouring water over his head, leaving the stage to the first rows of the audience, etc. although I notice that the first time, stayed out of breath, which is likely to cause little concert activities in the past year, but despite all his voice is still powerful and destructive. The band behind him has functioned perfectly. Mike Watt in his classic pose with the bass down to his knees and Scott Asheton on drums, formed the perfect basis for Jamesovu impeccably played guitar and when in it all adds ingenuity of saxophonist Steve Mackay, a true rock event was guaranteed.
The first part of the concert included the stuff from the album Raw Power ( "Raw Power", "Search and Destroy," "Gimme Danger" and "Shake Appeal"), with the addition of "Kill City" and "Cock In My Pocket" and completed with the so-called "stage invasion", an integral part of Iggy's performance in the last ten years, when during one or two songs on Iggy's call, allow the audience to join the band on stage.

While waiting to the audience leave the stage and to start the second part of the concert, as Steve Mackey's saxophone solo called Ron Asheton's spirit, after that the band is with The Stooges classics "Loose", "1970" and "Funhouse" are total smarten audience. Set Ron's songs only interrupted a beautiful instrumental "Night Theme", the only song, which Iggy never used at their performances, played as an introduction to "Skull Ring" from the last album The Stooges in 2007, The Weirdness. Followed, "Johanna" and "I Got A Right" and the official part of the concert ended with perhaps the most famous song of The Stooges "I Want to Be Your Dog".

After a short break, at the invitation of the audience, the band returned to the stage. As a surprise for fans of Iggy and The Stooges , encore opened the song "Five Foot One" from Iggy's solo album New Values (1979) and finals, with Jamesov "Death Trip," went the song "The Passenger" and "Lust For Life," which Iggy and David Bowie recorded in Berlin for Lust For Life album, 1977. Inclusion of material from Iggy's solo albums in this set is a logical move, because a large number of fans of Iggy Pop wished again hear these songs, since they are not performed on tour The Stooges from 2003 to 2008 years. Although I would prefer that the concert ended with James "Open Up And Bleed", I must admit that the new arrangements sounded fantastic.

At the concert as Jamesov assistant / guitar technician was DEREK SEE and the following words he described his experience of the concert:

DS: My favorite moments of the performance, other than the brilliance of the musicians onstage, was the fact that members of Sonic Youth and Primal Scream were standing by the side of the stage cheering on James and the band. We all shared the excitement of the feeling that this was a man, a guitar hero to all of us, who we thought we would only get to experience on record, never live.

To end this story about James return, I left two short conversation that I had with the actors from the show in Brazil, STEVE MACKAY and JAMES WILLIAMSON.

STEVE MACKAY:

GP: It was difficult to play Ron's songs the first time without him?

SM: Yes it was different to do Ron's songs without him but James worked hard at filling those shoes and we will all get better the more shows we do. We could feel Ron's presence especially at the beginning of "1970".

GP: Who sang on your rehearsals without Iggy? Who was the boss?

SM: Watt would sing some of the songs, I would play melody on some, and we would count out the measures and phrases on the rest. The Boss was Iggy, when he finally came to the last 2 days of rehearsal in LA. Otherwise, it was a collective effort.

GP: My opinion is that the sound of your sax breathed new life into Iggy's solo songs. Are you familiar with Iggy's solo career?

SM: I am delighted that Iggy has me playing on those songs, many of which were new to me.

GP: Your solo between „Shake Appeal“ and „Loose“ was improvisation, or a new song?

SM: That was an improvisation that Iggy had requested me to do in practice, made longer by the Stage Invasion!

GP: Who has made new arrangements?

SM: All 5 of us worked on the new versions of the arrangements...

GP: I think you made an excellent job.

SM: Thanks for your interest and hope to see you someday!

GP: That would be great. Thank you Steve.

JAMES WILLIAMSON:

GP: First I would like to congratulate you on your return to the stage.

JW: Thanks

GP: How does it feel to be back on stage with Iggy and Scott?

JW: It feels great, really good to see those guys and "take it to the limit one more time"

GP: Why you playing songs from „Lust For Life“ record (Iggy/Bowie)? I think more people would like to hear „Iggy and The Stooges“. Is it Iggy initiative?

JW: We choose the set list for Sao Paulo from a wide range of our collective material. We're all very sensitive to filling the requests from the audience and while there are many stooges fans who want "all stooges, all the time" there are even more fans wanting to hear some of the well know songs the Iggy did...its a mix...anyway, there's nothing set in stone and the our live set will evolve.

GP: Is there a chance to play again unreleased „Raw Power“ songs like „Open Up And Bleed“ (my favorite ), „Wet My Bed“, „Rich Bitch“,etc.?

JW: As I mentioned above, the set is evolving and other songs are being added and some deleated all the time.

GP: By the way, Is it true that the first version of „Dog Food“ was created in the early '70?

JW: I remember us playing such a title …

GP: For collectors and your fans is a great enigma your only concert in 1972, in London's Kings Cross theater. Interesting is that no one knows what you're playing that night. I know a lot of time has passed, but can you remember?

JW: No, I'm sorry but the only two songs I remember us playing are „I gotta right“ and „I'm sick of you“...

GP: Have you talked with Scott Thurston about re-cooperation?

JW: While I'd love to play with Scott Thurston again as he is a close friend of mine, it isn't in the cards. Scott has been playing in the Tom Petty Band for over 15 years now and he is very much occupied doing that. So it won't happen.

GP: The Stooges played from 2003 to 2008 almost the same set . What can we expect in the future of Iggy and The Stooges?

JW: I'm hoping for alot more variation...we have a bigger canvas of songs to work with.

GP: Are there any plans to record a new material?

JW: I'm not sure what form it will take, i.e. album, single, ep...but I would like to work up some new material and record it...that's our goal.

GP: If re-pops your cooperation with Iggy, I hope you would record a solo album.

JW: Well, I'd love to do a solo album of my own compositions at some point...you might not like the Hawaiian music influence, but I think that music is beautiful and would like to get it out to more young people who wouldn't normally be exposed to it. Then again who knows what I'd come up with.

GP: Thank you James.

Last month, The Stooges were nominated for entry into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. Hopefully, the fifteenth of April 2010 in the Waldorf Astoria in New York, the group will finally get the deserved recognition, because Iggy, Ron, James, Scott and others certainly deserve.

Let us be still for a moment at James question from Tel Aviv, from the beginning of this series.
After all, we know the answer:

JESUS LOVES THE STOOGES .... of course, but we all love The Stooges also.

Wrote: Goran Polak

Special thanks: James Williamson, Steve Mackay, Derek See, Diana Passy and Jasminka Maligec de Escobio.

In pictures: James Williamson (git), Steve Mackay (sax) and Iggy Pop ( voc) (Sao Paulo, Brazil 07.11.2009) - photos by Diana Passy
Photos are published with the permission of the author.

The following stories will be about Ron's bands after The Stooges (1974-2003) ....

Last edited by Iguanas on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:32 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews   Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 3:11 am

So a definite on I got a Right and I'm Sick of You at the Scala in '72. Must've been a serious shock for the Hippies in the audience.
Back to top Go down
ElRoi

ElRoi

PostSubject: Re: Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews   Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 4:44 pm

Great article and interviews Goran. Keep up the great work.
Back to top Go down
krugersoldier

krugersoldier

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews   Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Now I see why James and Iggy always got on so well, hes as nuts as Iggy, quoting the Eagles LOL !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

PostSubject: Re: Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews   Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 6:14 pm

ElRoi wrote:
Great article and interviews Goran. Keep up the great work.

Thanks mate.
Back to top Go down
mikel

mikel

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews   Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:13 pm

Hawaian-music??! That´s great!!! I started writing this little Hawaian piece for my missus... self-criticism is somewhat slowing down the process... Most of my acoustic works seems to get shelved or forgotten, as they really haven´t find the place in our bands repertoire...which is mainly really heavy-weight, slow-doom-kinda thing, with lots of melody... Sick of you would suit our bands setlist! It´s good to have James back!!!
Back to top Go down
dereksee

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews   Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:26 am

The James Williamson/ Careless Hearts show was just rated top concert of the year by the San Jose Metro!

http://www.metroactive.com/music-clubs/year-review-2009.htmlhttp://www.metroactive.com/music-clubs/year-review-2009.html
Back to top Go down
http://dereksdaily45.blogspot.com
Iguanas

Iguanas

PostSubject: Re: Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews   Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:54 am

dereksee wrote:
The James Williamson/ Careless Hearts show was just rated top concert of the year by the San Jose Metro!

http://www.metroactive.com/music-clubs/year-review-2009.htmlhttp://www.metroactive.com/music-clubs/year-review-2009.html

Congratulations !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews   Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mixer-Return of James Williamson Part 3 - include interviews
Page 1 of 1