Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

iggy's raw power era jacket

Go down 
+5
popmansam
Nadja
Natalie
TED
dynamite boogie
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dynamite boogie

dynamite boogie

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2007-07-19

iggy's raw power era jacket Empty
PostSubject: iggy's raw power era jacket   iggy's raw power era jacket Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 11:50 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/redelektra69
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: iggy's raw power era jacket   iggy's raw power era jacket Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 2:49 pm

Thanks dynamite, great story.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: iggy's raw power era jacket   iggy's raw power era jacket Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:04 pm

Good story, but to set the record straight, Iggy is not 5' 1". Iggy is about 5' 8" or 5' 9".
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: iggy's raw power era jacket   iggy's raw power era jacket Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 8:46 pm

Natalie, I can't resist asking now, how tall was Dave?
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: iggy's raw power era jacket   iggy's raw power era jacket Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 9:49 pm

Dave was a tad taller than Iggy but I am not sure exactly. Scott was the tallest and Ron was about an inch and a half shorter than his brother.
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: iggy's raw power era jacket   iggy's raw power era jacket Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:54 pm

I dont see how iggy could be 5' 9'', Im 5'11'' and when he walked by me he was half a head shorter, and that was with boots on. He also has real small hands, which blows the whole old wives tale out of the water.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: iggy's raw power era jacket   iggy's raw power era jacket Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:10 pm

I thought Iggy was 5'7...

Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: iggy's raw power era jacket   iggy's raw power era jacket Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:42 pm

Popmansam,

I said "about" 5'8" or 5'9". I am 5'2" and he is much taller than me. The point I was making was the story said he was 5'1" and that is not true.

Even when I used to wear platform heels back in the day, Iggy was still taller than me.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: iggy's raw power era jacket   iggy's raw power era jacket Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:32 am

how small are his hands? they look big enough any time i've looked at them (or at least in proporiton)

and i think i remember reading he's 5'7....if that matters
Back to top Go down
Funhousehideaway#2

Funhousehideaway#2

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: iggy's raw power era jacket   iggy's raw power era jacket Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 7:00 am

Thanks,
Great post.
Back to top Go down
emanon

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: iggy's raw power era jacket   iggy's raw power era jacket Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:18 am

I wondered if Stan Lee still had the thing, it figures, Long Gone John would have it...Really, $2,000 is a damn good deal. Besides instruments, I can't imagine a better bit of Stooges memorabilia. One can only wonder what happened to James' silver boots after Mainman repoed them or his stage costume from the latter days. I bet Ron's SS uniform is still hanging in a closet in A2. About a decade ago, I heard Zander's bedroom was still as it was when he left the planet in 1975, blue Mosrite bass under the bed & all...
Thanks again for sharing--the history was fascinating.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: iggy's raw power era jacket   iggy's raw power era jacket Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:18 pm

emanon wrote:
. About a decade ago, I heard Zander's bedroom was still as it was when he left the planet in 1975, blue Mosrite bass under the bed & all...

aww, that's kind of sad....a 'frozen in time' image..
that was a decade ago? wonder if it's STILL like that..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: iggy's raw power era jacket   iggy's raw power era jacket Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

iggy's raw power era jacket
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Down on the Street.-
Jump to: