Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"The Passenger" being used in movie ads

Go down 
+6
teisco delray
Donald
heavy liquid
popmansam
MJG196
ElRoi
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ElRoi

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

"The Passenger" being used in movie ads Empty
PostSubject: "The Passenger" being used in movie ads   "The Passenger" being used in movie ads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:06 am

Nice to see one of Iggy's songs being used in what appears to be a decent film. I don't think "Up In The Air" will be as good as "Trainspotting," but at least it isn't a Carnival Cruise line ad.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: "The Passenger" being used in movie ads   "The Passenger" being used in movie ads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:02 pm

ElRoi wrote:
Nice to see one of Iggy's songs being used in what appears to be a decent film. I don't think "Up In The Air" will be as good as "Trainspotting," but at least it isn't a Carnival Cruise line ad.

Ya know, I always thought that Carnival Cruise ad was more Hunt Sales than Iggy! Those smashing drums were what gave the ad its "excitement."
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: "The Passenger" being used in movie ads   "The Passenger" being used in movie ads Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 3:25 pm

I think Ig has probably made more money off that song than all others combined.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320

PostSubject: Re: "The Passenger" being used in movie ads   "The Passenger" being used in movie ads Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:20 am

Ive never heard The Passenger being used in TV add. I did hear Kick It being used in a TV add for a car though.

ElRoi

Number of posts : 528
Registration date : 2009-09-10

PostSubject: Re: "The Passenger" being used in movie ads   "The Passenger" being used in movie ads Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:31 am

I honestly can't say that I have either. That's why it was a pleaseant surprise to hear it as the ad theme for the new George Clooney flick "Up In The Air." It looks like desent movie, so that's why I say it was a pleasure to hear it being used.
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: "The Passenger" being used in movie ads   "The Passenger" being used in movie ads Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:59 am

They used it in adverts for the Toyota Avensis in the UK a few years back.
Back to top Go down
teisco delray

teisco delray

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: "The Passenger" being used in movie ads   "The Passenger" being used in movie ads Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:39 am

and let us not forget this gem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPTE3TRkI7Y
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320

PostSubject: Re: "The Passenger" being used in movie ads   "The Passenger" being used in movie ads Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:18 am

teisco delray wrote:
and let us not forget this gem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPTE3TRkI7Y

Shocked

Scared.

No

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: "The Passenger" being used in movie ads   "The Passenger" being used in movie ads Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:10 pm

heavy liquid wrote:
Ive never heard The Passenger being used in TV add. I did hear Kick It being used in a TV add for a car though.

In Spain, they used "The Passenger" in a telephone company add.
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: "The Passenger" being used in movie ads   "The Passenger" being used in movie ads Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:26 pm

I prefer the "Search And Destroy" usage in the film "Life Aquatic." Bill Murray's Jacques-Cousteau-as-an-American-slacker character suddenly morphs into a tornado of heroism fighting a whole boatload of modern-day pirates, while this apropos ditty emerges to underscore all the action.
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: "The Passenger" being used in movie ads   "The Passenger" being used in movie ads Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:33 am

After hearing Iggy doing the voice of 'Lil' Rumsfeldt' in that horrible 'Lil' Bush' cartoon a few years back, 'Open Up and Bleed' in a Band-Aid commercial wouldn't faze me at this point.

A major reason for the Dead Kennedy's lawsuit was that 3/4 of the band wanted to get some $$$ for the use of 'Holiday in Cambodia' in a (car?) commercial. Jello stuck to his guns and lost the case iiirc.

And let's not forget Iggy's 'I Gotta Be Me' on the 'Freddie Got Fingered' soundtrack. (One of my favourite awful movies).
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: "The Passenger" being used in movie ads   "The Passenger" being used in movie ads Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:40 am

Trailerborn, most of DK wanted to let Levi use "Holiday In Cambodia" in a jeans commercia but Jello was against this. Ironic as the company uses child slave labour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "The Passenger" being used in movie ads   "The Passenger" being used in movie ads Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"The Passenger" being used in movie ads
Page 1 of 1