Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke

Go down 
+6
Iguanas
Lucas
Stranger09
Donald
popmansam
Cato
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Cato

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Empty
PostSubject: Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke   Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 3:32 pm

have you seen this?

http://www.easyaction.co.uk/soon

at last they are releasing it! One of my favorite Iggy Pop backing bands and it sounds great!

cato
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke   Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:27 pm

Its got dog food and 5'1'' on it ,im in!
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke   Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:17 am

It looks pretty good but to be honest I'd rather not have the deluxe packaging and have a couple or three quid knocked off the price.
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke   Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 3:10 pm

anyone got this yet? Smile

I've ordered mine, can't wait! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke   Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Isn't this the same as Herion hates you?
Back to top Go down
Cato

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke   Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:44 am

It’s from the same tour – but different concert – and better sound!

Cato
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke   Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 12:51 pm

Exactly, that's why I'm looking forward to it so much! Smile

Hopefully the postie will bring it today...
Back to top Go down
Cato

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke   Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 1:03 pm

He didnĀ“t bring my....:-(
C
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke   Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 3:28 pm

hmm, I didn't order it thru Easy Action, partly cos they are so slow, and also times are tight, so i ordered it thru Ebay, only saving about a quid if that, *but* getting it out of paypal funds thru selling thru things I no longer need. However, as the seller may be sourcing it off Easy Action...

Anyway at least redressing any delivery problem isn't too bad thru Ebay - I really want this though...
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke   Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:06 am

Ah I've just noticed the small print, it's a pre-order item and won't be sent until the release date of 5/5/2010 Sad
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke   Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:28 pm

Image hosted by servimg.com

Easy Action De Luxe packaging is great, sound is excellent, everything looks really special...
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke   Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 2:55 pm

I got round to listening to this over the weekend and it really is good. Brian James is playing a blinder. Why the stupid packaging though? I like to keep my CDs together. Perhaps The Clarkness will explain the thinking behind this?
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke   Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 3:38 pm

Donald wrote:
I got round to listening to this over the weekend and it really is good. Brian James is playing a blinder. Why the stupid packaging though? I like to keep my CDs together. Perhaps The Clarkness will explain the thinking behind this?

The stupid packaging !?!

My opinion is that packaging is perfect. I like non-standard packs.
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
james matlock

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke   Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:57 pm

http://www.philjens.plus.com/rattle/glen_reviews.html

review from the god save the sex pistols site.
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke   Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:05 pm

Just got this, finally!

It's amazing...it's the perfect Iggy live album that I've longed for since my early 20's...I used to listen to the Iggy LA Ballroom 79 gig on my walkman when going up to London back then, and marvelled at it. A peerless performance, marred only for me by the fact that despite being apparently from an FM broadcast it was in mono. Numerous efforts to trace a stereo recording failed, although I did later find a San Francisco 79 FM recording, that was in stereo...but this was marred by speed defects ('wow and flutter'...minute speed fluctuation that gives a 'wobble', particularly to high pitched or keyboard sounds).

Iggy's California Hitch-Hike album here puts all that right : it's taken from the 27th November show, that I knew was high quality and had never heard til now, and the 29th show (the 'speed wobble' one I've alluded to). Thankfully it all sounds good, and no speed issues...it's more 'thick' the sound, than on the 29th recordings I'd heard, which is good in many ways...Brian James' guitar tends to 'slice' through some of the songs in the mix, and while very good, could become overbearing. Here, the more judicious mix allows the whole band to 'breathe' / be heard when he solos (I think the onstage sound mixer had probably been responsible for upping the guitar in the mix in the other shows, like I say that's been put right here).

The show has amazing performances of Real Cool Time, Take Care of Me, You Really Got Me, New Values, Play It Safe, China Girl...I should point out that it's arguable the contemporaneous songs were stronger performances than their studio counterparts on Iggy's albums at the time. The sound, as implied by the sleevenotes starts ever so slightly rough, possibly due to tape damage, but quickly gets better...it's a powerful sound and show!

Add to that, it's cased in a beautiful elongated slipcase, has a postcard of Iggy and his band, a booklet with sleevenotes, an interview, and many colour and black and white shots from the shows.

Get this and be amazed!
Back to top Go down
jdb1982

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke   Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:43 pm

This is on my "to get list" glad to see positive reviews for it.
Back to top Go down
ziggy

ziggy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke   Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:22 am

I ordered it from amazon.fr but it seems to be sold out for now... I hope they will have some more to send soon.
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke   Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 3:09 am

jdb1982 wrote:
This is on my "to get list" glad to see positive reviews for it.

It's amazing ... just finally listening to it again now, brilliant! Smile
Back to top Go down
birchy

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke   Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 12:39 pm

Great c.d. one of the best live Iggy recordings I've ever heard,Brian James and Glen Matlock are the perfect foils for solo Iggy having the perfect balance for the solo stuff and the stooges songs.
I played bass with Brian for awhile and can also say he's quite possibly the loudest guitar player I've ever come across,think my ears are still feeling the effects to this day. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke   Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 1:40 pm

I first got into this set (ie as per their setlist circa Nov '79) by listening to the LA 30.11.79 recording religiously...I love this new CD. If it has any "faults" it's the occasional minor dip in quality when it goes from the 27.11.79 (FM) to the 29.11.79 (very high quality audience, if not mixer tape) recording...also I miss that mysterious intro music from the 30.11.79 broadcast (and I think some of Iggy's rants, but there's a couple on here anyway Smile).

Anyway it's still a pretty damn perfect memento of that tour, so pleased to have it (having listened to it again last night, it's got me raving about it again!Smile).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke   Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iggy Pop - California Hitchyke
Page 1 of 1