Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

JAM FOR RON ASHETON

Go down 
+17
james matlock
Petrie Terrace
Caesar'sWorld
Perdu
ElRoi
mc
lolakelly
studioguy
thelastlink
larry fine
Iggy Stooge
heavy liquid
Natalie
Radish
Loose1969
Nadja
dynamite boogie
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:59 am

The better photos are now posted. Paul, Thank you very much for posting them.

I will just add one thing to what Larry posted, and I quote what Scott said to me after the gig, "London will be better". He said it with a straight face!

Last edited by Natalie on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
james matlock

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:03 pm

so JW was there, but didnt play? Weird.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 7:11 pm

Yes, James showed up but left before the music started. I did not talk to him but Scotty T told me he was there pitch hitting for James because James had to be in Anaheim that evening. James left about 10PM. That's all I know.
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 7:36 pm

JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 -0173
from
(C) 2010 Heather Harris, All Rights Reserved. don't reproduce or link. Mike, Scott, Scott.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:57 pm

Natalie wrote:
Yes, James showed up but left before the music started. I did not talk to him but Scotty T told me he was there pitch hitting for James because James had to be in Anaheim that evening. James left about 10PM. That's all I know.

I think James had to be at the Winter Namm show

Here's a video from the Roxy I found, faux Iggy, Scott and Steve I think
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 9:48 pm

That is exactly where James was going. It started the next day and he had to be there to promote the amp.

Yes, when the faux Iggy sang, Scott played drums and Steve played sax.
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:07 am

..."The Raw Power Rangers..."
Back to top Go down
Radish

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:05 am

Made the LA Times! Oh yes it did.... affraid

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2010/01/live-review-ron-asheton-tribute-at-the-roxy.html

There were many variables to the evening.....over all it was a success and awesome! I've attened many of these types of events over the years and they can go many different ways. There was indeed a crowd of people who were there for Ron and not the opening bands. It wasn't jam packed....but there was enough people to fill the Roxy. Not sure how much in advance Scott planned for this.

In order to keep the event going, a few young bands started off the night. In my opinion, they weren't bad.... however, not impressive enough for me to go......WOW.....and my ears didn't start to bleed!

Finally, the jam! You could see the boys were there to have fun and give tribute to thier dear friend! Watt was on fire...you wouldn't have guessed he just arrived from a long haul (Japan).....he gave his all!!

Yes, James W. was there too. He left even before the event started. I was wondering if he was going to come back and jam too? Maybe he wasn't asked? Maybe he didn't feel right joining in because of the way Ronnie felt? But I was real happy he showed up...even if he left early. I did see his old flame, Evita. I understand she was there for the shows in No Cal....but without question, he left by all by himself like a good boy. He looked a bit tired and I hear he had the NAM show the following day.

I'm not sure I would have had the awesome time I had, if not for Natalie nor Larry. They really made my night. For me to be in the presence of such great souls..... also real friends of Ron's, sharing their life and stories as they did....can't even express in words.....after the show, we went to the Red Rock and had a drink in Ron's name and chatted more....can't wait to see them both again..... next time we'll have to go to the Ramada Inn's bar where Ron would stay and hang out when in town. Turns out Larry had been to a few gigs I I also attended.....he was able to set the record striaght as to why Watt walked off stage @ the El Ray show with Jay M and Ron.......Watt got sick.....I was always under the impression he stormed off mad.... I never thought to ask Ron or Mike....I was so excited to meet Ron....the same with Watt when I've seen him at his own gigs....

My big dissapintment? Iggy didn't make it. Only he knows the reason...eveyone else was there. Natalie made a good point.....maybe he didn't want to take attention away from the nights host, Ron. I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt.....but it sure would have been great!

I gather Scott also has a house in LA now....so maybe I"ll run into him at the market or something....crasier things have happened....

Last edited by Radish on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 8:03 am

Radish, Radish, Radish, my LA tour guide, you fabulous woman! Thanks for your kind words. Nothwithstanding seeing Steve and Scott and the big surprise of the evening, Scotty T, perform after all these years and briefly meeting Mike Watt, the highlight of the evening was indeed the way it ended. Three forum members who have corresponded but never met, getting together.

Radish, Larry and I spent it having a beer and toasting to Ron. We sat around talking about Ron and swapping stories. We laughed and I know I filled with tears a time or two and ended the evening saying how proud and happy we knew Ron would be that he was the impetus of the evening.

Ronnie, you will forever live in my heart. Thanks for the music and most of all, thanks for being you.
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:14 am

It's here ! most of the acts at the Ron Asheton Jam identified and with great photos.
http://fastfilm1.blogspot.com/2010/01/jam-for-ron-asheton-11310-roxy-live.html
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 1:51 am

All photo's courtesy of Natalie, copyright Natalie Schlossman, please ask permission before using elsewhere! ...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last edited by Petrie Terrace on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:05 am

All photo's courtesy of Natalie ...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 1:34 pm

Wow Nat, those are great pics! Shocked

Thanks for posting them Paulo Very Happy

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:23 pm

It's a bit surreal seeing Scott Thurston on stage with the others Shocked

Great pictures though, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:58 pm

Intereresting you should say that Donald. Seeing Scotty T was a homecoming for me. He and Ron roomed together that last year before the break up so it seemed very appropriate for him to be on stage.
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:10 pm

http://www.retrokimmer.com/2010/01/circus-boys-mike-jtone-sings-ron.html and
http://fastfilm1.blogspot.com/2010/01/jam-for-ron-asheton-11310-roxy-live.html

would be the only other major photo exposes of this event online at the moment. (Both are kind to 18-year-old Leanna Asheton for even attempting such a difficult to stage, multi-performers event.) Thanks for posting yours, Natalie.
Back to top Go down
Loco Mosquito

Loco Mosquito

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:40 pm

Great snaps, Nat! Thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:38 pm

Copyright, Natalie Schlossman, 2010, all rights reserved. Do not reproduce or link without permission.

JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 001_111

JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 002_210

JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 003_310

JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 005_510

JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 007_710

JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 009_910

JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 010_1011

JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 011_1110

JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 013_1310

JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 014_1410

JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 015_1510

JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 020_2010

JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 022_2210
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:09 am

Great pics Natalie!!! my favourite is the last one...Scott looks great!!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:11 am

Great photos thanks for posting Natalie and Petrie

good to see Scott Thurston back on stage with them, adn scott looks good there

this is off topic kinda, but whats the status on Scott T and the band, tom petty has a new album coming out and tour probably, but do you think he'll get the itch and go back to being a stooge? he may have been a heartbreaker longer but james was a straight for 30years - once a stooge always a stooge!

HJW
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:16 am

Those are WONDERFUL pics! Thanks for sharing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Perdu

Perdu

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:25 am

I too like your Rock Action pic+ others, thanks for posting. Homesick, according to your namesake's FB page, Scott T is off on a Petty tour this summer, so no Stooging whatsoever. JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 143700
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:17 am

Quote :
Scott T is off on a Petty tour this summer, so no Stooging whatsoever

thought so, thanks for the update

maybe the year or two after? we can only hope
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:34 am

Great pics Natalie! cheers

PostSubject: Re: JAM FOR RON ASHETON   JAM FOR RON ASHETON - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JAM FOR RON ASHETON
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3