Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS

Go down 
+2
Petrie Terrace
Iguanas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Iguanas

Iguanas

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2007-07-30

INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS Empty
PostSubject: INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS   INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:30 am

I wrote new info on my site - OUTTAKES, UNRELEASED SONGS, SOUNDTRACKS, COVERS, CONTRIBUTIONS about 230 songs - 1974-2009

ALPHABETICAL LISTING OF SONGS is in the Iggy Pop / The Stooges contents.

http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/#IGGY%20POP%20/%20THE%20STOOGES

Goran

Last edited by Iguanas on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://free-zg.t-com.hr/JesusLovesTheStooges/
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS   INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:40 am

Hey Goran, great addition!, and it makes for an interesting read. Very Happy

You may know these already, but the originals, or cover versions, Iggy's versions will be taken from are ...

The Animals _"House Of The Rising Sun"

Cab Calloway - "Minnie The Moocher"

Flower Children - "Mini-Skirt Blues"

The McCoys - "Hang On Sloopy"

? & The Mysterians - "96 Tears"

The Rolling Stones - "I Wanna Be Your Man" ( A Beatles song, but the Stooges version is based on this one)

Them - "Gloria"

Howlin' Wolf - "Back Door Man"

"Everybody Needs Somebody To Love", "Fortune Teller", and "That's How Strong My Love Is" were all covered by the Rolling Stones in the mid-sixties, that would be a pretty safe bet for the origin of Iggy's covers.

Haven't heard Iggy do "Pablo Picasso", but if it includes the lyric "Nobody ever called Pablo Picasso an asshole" it's a cover of a song by The Modern Lovers.

Haven't heard him do "Put A Spell On You" either, but if it includes the lyric "I put a spell on you, because you're mine" it's a cover of "I Put A Spell On You" by Screamin' Jay Hawkins.

Haven't heard "Shotgun" but if includes the lyric "Do the jerk, baby, do the jerk now" it's a cover of a song by Junior Walker & The All Stars.

Haven't heard Iggy do "Batman Theme", but if it's got him and Jackie Clarke pretending to be Batman and Robin it's probably a cover of the version by Link Wray. If at any point it includes the line "Batman, shall I start the nuclear power for the Batmobile?" it definitely is.

Paul
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

PostSubject: Re: INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS   INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 6:05 pm

Thanks a lot Paul.

I updated info with everything you wrote, except:

"Everybody Needs Somebody To Love", "Fortune Teller", and "That's How Strong My Love Is" were all covered by the Rolling Stones in the mid-sixties, that would be a pretty safe bet for the origin of Iggy's covers.

I'm not sure about this. Iggy like versions by Solomon Burke, Naomi Neville and Otis Redding.

Goran
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS   INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:59 pm

Great Job There! Goran. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS   INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:24 am

Iguanas wrote:
I'm not sure about this. Iggy like versions by Solomon Burke, Naomi Neville and Otis Redding.

Hey Goran

You may be right, re The Stones, I can't say for certain. But I still have my suspicions Very Happy

Re "Fortune Teller", the original version is by Benny Spellman. The song was written by Allen Toussaint and published under the pseudonym "Naomi Neville".

That's assuming it's the same song. The first line is "Went to the fortune teller, to have my fortune read", right?

Paul
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

PostSubject: Re: INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS   INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:51 am

I don't know, maybe you're right. I will write both versions. Smile

I still have not decided to add acoustic and demo versions of songs that were released on the official albums in the list,
but I will add The Stooges and Iggy and The Stooges songs tonight.

iggy-fan wrote:
Great Job There! Goran. Very Happy

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Caesar'sWorld

Caesar'sWorld

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS   INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:22 am

hey Goran! great work as always :-)

you might like to add the superb/dark/haunting "Invitation To Sin",
performed only once, in the Athens 03-07-1991 show.

"...oh, mother, let me in
invitation to a sin..."
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

PostSubject: Re: INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS   INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:07 pm

Thanks Caesar, but I write only songs that I have on tapes. Unfortunately I don't have that song. I have only 5 songs from the Athens 03-07-1991 show:
1 Lust For Life
2 Candy
3 Real Wild Child
4 The Passenger
5 No Fun
I think you sent me this tape a few years ago. Smile

I added The Stooges and Iggy and The Stooges songs yesterday.

Goran
Back to top Go down
Iguanas

Iguanas

PostSubject: Re: INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS   INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:44 am

The list is updated with a lot new songs (demos, rough mixes, solo versions, etc. + songs from official studio albums).
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS   INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:48 pm

thanks for lots of good work!
c.neven
Back to top Go down
mindless

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS   INFORMATIONS ABOUT RARE SONGS Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 2:54 am

Pablo Picasso is the Jonathan Richman classic, there's an iggy live version on youtube: