Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kill City Re-mix!!

Go down 
+11
Ethan
Perdu
Donald
Loose1969
napalm_cheetah
Radiobirdman73
popmansam
james matlock
mark
adams66
studioguy
15 posters
AuthorMessage
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

Kill City Re-mix!! Empty
PostSubject: Kill City Re-mix!!   Kill City Re-mix!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:08 pm

From James Williamson's Facebook page:

"Very Excited to have Ed Cherney the engineer who did "Brick by Brick" and so many others who is also a friend be available to help me remix "Kill City" in a couple of weeks....its gonna be fun....."

This should be interesting!!
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com

Kill City Re-mix!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City Re-mix!!   Kill City Re-mix!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:20 pm

Finally !!!

This is great news. Brick By Brick has a nice sound to my ears. Much better than "Instinct"
at least Razz
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

Kill City Re-mix!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City Re-mix!!   Kill City Re-mix!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:25 pm

Now that IS interesting news...
I hope we don't get too radical a remix (James should take note of Iggy's Raw Power remix as a lesson in what not to do to a classic album).
Or, if they decide to revamp the album completely then it should be issued alongside a nicely cleaned up original version so we have both. Not that I'm being greedy or anything...
Looking forward to this one.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Kill City Re-mix!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City Re-mix!!   Kill City Re-mix!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:45 pm

Interesting! Kill City is definitely one where the mix could be better - as I guess you'd expect from an album consisting of semi-finished demos, recorded on the cheap and patched up two years after the original sessions without involvement from the Igg. It's always felt like there's a classic in there fighting to get out.

Then again, it would also be amazing to hear the original 1975 mixes - the version of Johanna that's come out on various compilations is great.
Back to top Go down
james matlock

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Kill City Re-mix!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City Re-mix!!   Kill City Re-mix!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:35 pm

I wonder how far back the tapes go for this project? Do they have the original masters?
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Kill City Re-mix!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City Re-mix!!   Kill City Re-mix!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:36 pm

Kill City is still ne of my all time favorites. I think of it every time i hear someone else getting murdered in Jacksonville, which is pretty often.
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

Kill City Re-mix!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City Re-mix!!   Kill City Re-mix!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:36 pm

Good question Mr Matlock - I wonder if James still has the actual masters. He obviously had them back in 1977 when the album was finished off with final mixing and sax overdubs etc.

Since then I'd be certain that all the various reissues of Kil City songs, on all manner of semi legit albums were never taken from the original masters.

If James is actually going to be able to do a proper remix then I guess that he does still have the master tapes. In which case that's Very Good News!

Cheers,

Richard
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

Kill City Re-mix!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City Re-mix!!   Kill City Re-mix!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:44 pm

I mentioned this on the Raw Power remix post (where this topc came up as well) - but the alt. version of consolation Prizes that appeared on the Motor City's Burnin' Vol. 2 comp is also far superior than the version that was released on Kill city - let's hope they release some of these alt mixes in addition to a general remix.
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

Kill City Re-mix!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City Re-mix!!   Kill City Re-mix!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:47 pm

popmansam wrote:
Kill City is still ne of my all time favorites. I think of it every time i hear someone else getting murdered in Jacksonville, which is pretty often.

I agree - it toally sounds like a 'coming down from a wicked night of coke' album. Very Stonsey...in a good way.
Back to top Go down
napalm_cheetah

napalm_cheetah

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Kill City Re-mix!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City Re-mix!!   Kill City Re-mix!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:46 pm

Great news!

I just have to say that the Kill city version on the "A million Prizes" cd are alot better than the original version.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

Kill City Re-mix!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City Re-mix!!   Kill City Re-mix!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:24 am

I saw this too...I'm hoping the sound is like "Kill City" was on Iggy's compilation. Far more depth and...dare I say it...RAW POWER.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

Kill City Re-mix!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City Re-mix!!   Kill City Re-mix!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:19 pm

The version of Kill City on Million in Prizes was the original mix according to James. I'd like a nice box set with the original mixes and the new mixes please Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Kill City Re-mix!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City Re-mix!!   Kill City Re-mix!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:47 pm

there with you on the "Moonlight Mile" vibe in much of Kill City, radiobirdman, in a good way!
Back to top Go down
Ethan

Ethan

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-01-25

Kill City Re-mix!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City Re-mix!!   Kill City Re-mix!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:05 pm

Has anyone heard if they are ever going to remix soldier? Add the guitar track.
Back to top Go down
iggycooper

iggycooper

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Kill City Re-mix!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City Re-mix!!   Kill City Re-mix!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Remixing "Soldier" for adding the guitar tracks is a good idea.

But I think this will be never happen...
Back to top Go down
Stranger09

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Kill City Re-mix!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City Re-mix!!   Kill City Re-mix!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:46 pm

any more news on this?
Back to top Go down
mertyuy

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Kill City Re-mix!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City Re-mix!!   Kill City Re-mix!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 4:15 am

Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

Kill City Re-mix!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City Re-mix!!   Kill City Re-mix!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:39 pm

Out for pre-order now!!!
Free poster for the 100 first!
Kill City Re-mix!! 747941

The green vinyl:
http://www.bompstore.com/servlet/Detail?no=10735

The cd:
http://www.bompstore.com/servlet/Detail?no=3713

I ordered the vinyl, but will probably order the cd later...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kill City Re-mix!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kill City Re-mix!!   Kill City Re-mix!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kill City Re-mix!!
Page 1 of 1