Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered?

Go down 
+5
larry fine
Petrie Terrace
boogie
Caesar'sWorld
krugersoldier
9 posters
AuthorMessage
krugersoldier

krugersoldier

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered? Empty
PostSubject: Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered?   Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 6:22 pm

Anyone know if the vinyl version of Raw Power which was released on Sundazed was remastered?. I'm listening to a vinyl rip and it sounds not only very good, but also differently balanced especially Gimme Danger. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Caesar'sWorld

Caesar'sWorld

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered?   Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:34 pm

i can't answer positively, but i'll further the question:
what's with those Sundazed versions??? i just listened to the Funhouse vinyl and -for example- the vocal sounds lower in the mix......
Back to top Go down
krugersoldier

krugersoldier

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered?   Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:32 pm

I guess not many people bought them, i didnt ,I just thought they were repressings and my experience with other repressings was generally bad. So pretty amazed when I heard that Raw Power rip, the vocals on Raw Power are not lower in the mix, they have more clarity and seem cleaned up.
Back to top Go down
boogie

boogie

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered?   Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:28 am

I've got a standard columbia vinyl version of Raw Power and it sounds awesome,i bet the Sundazed one is even better!
Everything is far more audible on vinyl,the cd version is crap in comparison,
it just emphasizes all the Bowie mix limitations.Not to mention Iggy mix,i loved it in the 90's when it first came out cause the only thing i wanted was riffing but now i hate it,you can't hear James shredding... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered?   Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:50 am

Haven't heard the Sundazed versions, but more re-EQing maybe?
Back to top Go down
boogie

boogie

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered?   Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:48 am

Petrie Terrace wrote:
Haven't heard the Sundazed versions, but more re-EQing maybe?

You can find some mp3 cuts on the Sundazed site.
They're selling it for only 149 bucks! Laughing
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered?   Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 4:31 pm

boogie wrote:
You can find some mp3 cuts on the Sundazed site.
They're selling it for only 149 bucks! Laughing

I'm sure I'm missing some joke represented by the emoticon, but it's actually $16.98.
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered?   Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 3:42 pm

It goes for only $16.13 at Amazon.. That's weird, they're usually more expensive than buying directly from the source. Best of all, those "teasers" on the Sundazed site sounds good. Anyone heard the LP yet?
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered?   Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:35 pm

I saw 1st album a couple months back in a store and was so close to getting it. the reason i didnt was because I thought the print quality of the sleeve didnt look good.
the colour of the logo didnt look right to me. perhaps i'm just weird...
Back to top Go down
jpstooges

jpstooges

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered?   Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:24 pm

I don't know if it's been remastered, but it doesn't sound that good to my ears, I found a much better sounding vinyl, a late 80's (I think) reissue from Canada. You can hear an A/B sample of Gimme Danger here (32s of Sundazed -thanks unheard78, btw- and then the Canadian version):
http://rapidshare.com/files/396210273/01_Gimme_Danger_Sundazed___Canada.mp3
HL, this is just a sample, please don't delete this link!
Check the tiny "Iggy" on the front cover (compared to the huge one on US sticker). Well, "and the stooges" is even smaller!
Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered? 42093_Raw_Power_Canada_FBL
Back to top Go down
unheard78

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered?   Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 3:32 am

The Sundazed version sounds nice but that Canadian version you've got JP blows it the hell outta the water! Man, that thing sounds primo! How thick is the vinyl on it?

For the record, the packaging on the Sundazed RP is pretty nice. The cover is a good quality cardboard replica and the record's label is actually a proper replica of the Columbia label, logo and everything. Sundazed appears on the label in significantly smaller print. The other Stooges Sundazed releases have slightly odd looking covers though. It looks like WEA might not have given them vinyl-grade artwork masters as some of the colors are degraded. The vinyl is nice enough though.

Sundazed is partially owned by Sony if I'm not mistaken, which should explain why they use better quality artwork on the Raw Power packaging than Stooges and Fun House. This all brings up one of my current fascinations... how hard would it be to start a reissue label? A reissue label with major support?
Back to top Go down
http://unheard78.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered?   Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raw Power - Sundazed vinyl remastered?
Page 1 of 1