Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges set list 1973

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Stooges set list 1973 Empty
PostSubject: Stooges set list 1973   Stooges set list 1973 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:45 pm

Just something I was musing on... can anyone add to this list of 'new' songs done by the band in 1973/74? I've broken it up into 4 sections:

1. MAIN SET - SONGS ON THE FEB/MARCH DETROIT REHEARSAL TAPES THAT WERE THEN PERFORMED LIVE
Open Up and Bleed
She Creatures of the Hollywood Hills
Cock in My Pocket
Johanna
Head On

2. SONGS WRITTEN LATER IN '73 AND ADDED TO THE SET
Wet My Bed
Rich Bitch
I Got Nothing
Heavy Liquid

3. SONGS/JAMS ON THE DETROIT TAPES ONLY
Rubber Legs [was this really never performed live??]
Till the End of the Night (aka I Gotta Problem)
Jesus Loves the Stooges
Nowhere (aka Born in a Trailer)
Mellow Down Easy
Emotional Problems (aka Wild Love)
My Girl Hates My Heroin
Cry for Me (aka Pin Point Eyes)

4. MYSTERY 'SONGS' LISTED ON THE DETROIT TAPES BUT NOT CIRCULATED
Come Hungry Sweet Child
My Veins Are Crying
Black Ace
On the Beach
Love Light
Sack O' Shit

I guess if an album had been made in 1973, it would have been the songs from 1 and 2, plus maybe one or two from 3.

Can anyone add to this? In particular, does anyone (Natalie?) know whether any of the songs from lists 3 and 4 were ever done live? Indeed, can anyone tell us anything at all about the songs in list 4?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stooges_'Detroit_Rehearsal'_tapes
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Stooges set list 1973   Stooges set list 1973 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 12:44 am

"Down on the Street" was originally titled "Down on the Beach".

That's the only thing I can definitevely add. Late 73 early /74 some new songs were performed but I never knew the titles.
Back to top Go down
andrew

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Stooges set list 1973   Stooges set list 1973 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:32 am

Per Nilsen's book, "The Wild One", lists a track entitled "Sex Drive" as "Supposedly played live by the Stooges towards the end, in 1974 (no known tape recordings)."

I don't know if this has any relation to the track of the same name by Ron Asheton's New Order, which I haven't heard.

Of course, as the book came out in 1988, more information may have come to light since as to whether or not this information is correct.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Stooges set list 1973   Stooges set list 1973 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:24 am

"Come Hungry Sweet Child" was worked into "I Need Somebody" in some rehearsals, its not an actual song as such.

"Sack O Shit" could be an alternative name for "I Got Nothin" as it was often called "I Got Shit", "Black Ace" could well be "Black Like Me" aka "Dead Body". And I have seen "Till The End of The Night" listed as "My Veins Are Crying" before. These are all pureply speculation though and I have no idea about "Love Light" (possible one of those Iggy and unknown guitarists jams?).
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Stooges set list 1973   Stooges set list 1973 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:03 am

andrew wrote:
Per Nilsen's book, "The Wild One", lists a track entitled "Sex Drive" as "Supposedly played live by the Stooges towards the end, in 1974 (no known tape recordings)."

I don't know if this has any relation to the track of the same name by Ron Asheton's New Order, which I haven't heard.

Of course, as the book came out in 1988, more information may have come to light since as to whether or not this information is correct.

I had the New Order LP for a while. I don't remember it being very good - in fact - it's one of the few records I actually ever sold. I remember thinking the cover was cool though - not that this counts for much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges set list 1973   Stooges set list 1973 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges set list 1973
Page 1 of 1