Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A few rare Stooges photos...

Go down 
+5
popmansam
Hectorlovesthestooges
Nadja
Petrie Terrace
Nervousnorvus
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Nervousnorvus

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-12-20

A few rare Stooges photos... Empty
PostSubject: A few rare Stooges photos...   A few rare Stooges photos... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:23 pm

A few Stooges pix that I don't think have been seen before are now posted at:
http://thehoundblog.blogspot.com/

including one with Zeke Zettner and Bill Cheetam, and a candid shot of Ron at home in his favorite chair and a pistol. More coming to the same blog soon...
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: A few rare Stooges photos...   A few rare Stooges photos... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:33 pm

Nice stuff, and good comment, as usual!
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: A few rare Stooges photos...   A few rare Stooges photos... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:53 pm

thanks for the link.
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: A few rare Stooges photos...   A few rare Stooges photos... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:22 am

That pic really rocks!!!! but...did you take a picture of the picture??? why didn't you scan it??

Btw...do you have any other unseen pic? from the Peter Hujar sessions? I want to see MOOOORE A few rare Stooges photos... 687324
Back to top Go down
Nervousnorvus

PostSubject: Re: A few rare Stooges photos...   A few rare Stooges photos... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:01 pm

"that pic really rocks!!!! but...did you take a picture of the picture??? why didn't you scan it??"

The Iggy pic was taken at the Filmore in Frisco, 1970, not sure who took it, it is a high resolution scan.
The Ron Asheton photo was taken by by wife when she interviewed him for Please Kill Me, it's a scan.
the Hujar photo was re-shot from the original as it's too big for the scanner, we have more Hujar pix, I ran one several on old posts, check the archive on the blog, there's two shots of the Williamson/Recca line up and two of the Zettner/Cheetam line up, eventually I'll put 'em all up. I have about half dozen more that I think have never been seen including a nice one of Iggy's bedroom at Stooge Manor.
Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: A few rare Stooges photos...   A few rare Stooges photos... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 5:15 pm

Thanks for all the stooges stuff, i really enjoy your blog. I esp liked where you said that there was some band you never heard of playing, Phish. Oh, if it were only true. To me , they, and all there eilk, are the opposite of rock and worse then anything by Yes, J. Tull,K. CRimson and all that " prog rock " from the past.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: A few rare Stooges photos...   A few rare Stooges photos... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:05 am

That photo of Iggy at the Fillmore is by Robert Altman it appears in his book "the Sixties"

There are some other amazing Stooges photos from the same Fillmore 1970 show taken by Perdu's husband which hopefully one day we'll be lucky enough to see - hint hint Smile
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: A few rare Stooges photos...   A few rare Stooges photos... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:09 pm

mc- even as I write, he's digitizing away. Twisted Evil Remember, both of us are dealing with media from long out of date technologies. I think the appearance of recent stuff by your truly that he immortalized as well has spurred his already pronounced competitive streak.

Last edited by Perdu on Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

PostSubject: Re: A few rare Stooges photos...   A few rare Stooges photos... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:13 pm

Nervousnorvus- "...a nice one of Iggy's bedroom at Stooge Manor." From everything that's been written, "nice" would not have been the word applied. Vomit (perhaps too graphic an icon.)
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: A few rare Stooges photos...   A few rare Stooges photos... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:09 pm

Perdu wrote:
mc- even as I write, he's digitizing away. Twisted Evil Remember, both of us are dealing with media from long out of date technologies. I think the appearance of recent stuff by your truly that he immortalized as well has spurred his already pronounced competitive streak.

That's good news. He mentioned to me about a year back he was considering some kind of photo exhibition in LA. Is that still on the cards?
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: A few rare Stooges photos...   A few rare Stooges photos... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:13 pm

Here's one I have of Iggy's room. Nico must've had a great time when she was staying over. lol.

A few rare Stooges photos... L_2b0dcc97f559443f85eec41119a1dcd6
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

PostSubject: Re: A few rare Stooges photos...   A few rare Stooges photos... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:14 pm

Wow, I guess there really are deep, dark secrets in this relationship. A few rare Stooges photos... 602213 I hadn't heard a thing about any exhibition!
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: A few rare Stooges photos...   A few rare Stooges photos... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:15 pm

Perdu wrote:
Wow, I guess there really are deep, dark secrets in this relationship. A few rare Stooges photos... 602213 I hadn't heard a thing!

Oops I don't want to start anything. I guess it was just a random thought at the time. lol.
Back to top Go down
Nervousnorvus

PostSubject: Re: A few rare Stooges photos...   A few rare Stooges photos... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 9:28 pm

"ere's one I have of Iggy's room. Nico must've had a great time when she was staying over. lol."

that's the same photo I have of Iggy's bedroom! I guess I won't bother posting it on my blog since it's out there already. We also have the gigantic nude of Iggy that used to hang in Danny Fields' living room, Nitebob saw it when he came over to grab a copy of the Raw Power box I dubbed for hiim. Since it was purchased framed, and is rather large (3 x 4 ft) I'll have to re-shoot it through the frame or something. We also have several proof sheets of the Max's Kansas City shows, and many Peter Hujar shots, atlhough most of those are now out there.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

PostSubject: Re: A few rare Stooges photos...   A few rare Stooges photos... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:36 am

Nervousnorvus wrote:
"ere's one I have of Iggy's room. Nico must've had a great time when she was staying over. lol."

that's the same photo I have of Iggy's bedroom! I guess I won't bother posting it on my blog since it's out there already. We also have the gigantic nude of Iggy that used to hang in Danny Fields' living room, Nitebob saw it when he came over to grab a copy of the Raw Power box I dubbed for hiim. Since it was purchased framed, and is rather large (3 x 4 ft) I'll have to re-shoot it through the frame or something. We also have several proof sheets of the Max's Kansas City shows, and many Peter Hujar shots, atlhough most of those are now out there.

I got it from some other website I can't remember, maybe you posted it before and forgot about it. It is cool to see a few pics inside the Funhouse. Kind of reminds me of my room many years back!

Here's Iggy doing a pretty good job at replicating his bedroom in the Chelsea Hotel - courtesy of Bud Lee

A few rare Stooges photos... Iggy_o11
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: A few rare Stooges photos...   A few rare Stooges photos... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:30 am