Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges in this months Uncut magazine

Go down 
+5
homesickjameswilliamson
Natalie
Donald
neven
runningfromthepain
9 posters
AuthorMessage
runningfromthepain

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Stooges in this months Uncut magazine Empty
PostSubject: Stooges in this months Uncut magazine   Stooges in this months Uncut magazine Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 2:11 am

Great article about the stooges as well as interesting pics of the band . Also CD with Careless hearts playing 1970 and loads of other intersting tracks. Insight into Iggys past and current relationship with James Williamson
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in this months Uncut magazine   Stooges in this months Uncut magazine Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 1:50 pm

tnx!
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in this months Uncut magazine   Stooges in this months Uncut magazine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 2:47 pm

And there's a full page Easy Action ad with a first glimpse of the Popped set. Not yet on the EA website
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in this months Uncut magazine   Stooges in this months Uncut magazine Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:04 pm

Donald,

I have not even seen that yet! LOL

Can you post it, please?

Natalie
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in this months Uncut magazine   Stooges in this months Uncut magazine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 6:19 am

I'll scan it in tomorrow if i get the chance

the ad looks great, cant wait for popped, great photo for hopefully the cover; subtitled i think "a thousand lights"

the CDs got james with careless hearts doing 1970 for anyone looking for a taster of the full CD; its good, the band are good

the articles good too, typical brief history through the raw power era; though there are some good quotes from the ashetons, Ron claiming he never saw james as a stooge and both iggy and james dont come off very well

iggy states at the end; we've tried it twice, and we're working on three pistons - if one more goes down thats it
Back to top Go down
Donald

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in this months Uncut magazine   Stooges in this months Uncut magazine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:44 am

I'll do it tonight if I get the scanner working and I'm not beaten to it Smile
Back to top Go down
Donald

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in this months Uncut magazine   Stooges in this months Uncut magazine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:29 pm

Full page ad:
Stooges in this months Uncut magazine Uncut_1

Detail:
Stooges in this months Uncut magazine Uncut_2
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in this months Uncut magazine   Stooges in this months Uncut magazine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 11:21 pm

Donald,

Thanks so much for posting. Plans are to have included in the package along with Popped, a reproduction of a handbill, 8 postcard polaroids of vintage photos I took, a t shirt and a booklet with more photos with the CD. I have heard a rough version of the cd and it includes a really amazing version of "DIRT" live.

I am getting really excited about this package. As soon as I know more details on cost and release date, I'll post the information.

Natalie
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in this months Uncut magazine   Stooges in this months Uncut magazine Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:29 pm

great quote from Iggy in this article.
referring to how he recently contacted JW after ron's passing.

like he had to remind himself " remember... James Williamson is the devil "

LOL great copy
Back to top Go down
Parry The Wind High, Low

Parry The Wind High, Low

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in this months Uncut magazine   Stooges in this months Uncut magazine Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 5:24 pm

http://mog.com/MOG_Features/blog/1877898

Decent Q+A with James. Posting it here because I dunno if it deserves a new thread.
Back to top Go down
msteeln

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in this months Uncut magazine   Stooges in this months Uncut magazine Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:02 pm

Thanx for the JW int. I think he deserves his own personal thread, as do all the members.
Back to top Go down
napalm_cheetah

napalm_cheetah

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in this months Uncut magazine   Stooges in this months Uncut magazine Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 12:10 am

Natalie wrote:
I have heard a rough version of the cd and it includes a really amazing version of "DIRT" live.
Really? Can't wait for this one. Dirt has come closer to being one of my favorite songs nowadays
Back to top Go down
runningfromthepain

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in this months Uncut magazine   Stooges in this months Uncut magazine Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 1:26 am

has anyone checked out the cd they gave away with uncut this month?
theres a version of search and destroy live from metallic 2xko where they finally got the speed right, certainly compared with my munster records double vinyl lp
Back to top Go down
msteeln

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in this months Uncut magazine   Stooges in this months Uncut magazine Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:35 am

runningfromthepain wrote:
has anyone checked out the cd they gave away with uncut this month?
theres a version of search and destroy live from metallic 2xko where they finally got the speed right, certainly compared with my munster records double vinyl lp
I have the dbl. lp as well (on white vinyl and safely stashed away so I can't compare right now), are you saying the lp version is incorrect/too slow or too fast?
I like the lp if only for the full/no fade in begining of Raw Power. Did anybody but Munster put it out?
Back to top Go down
runningfromthepain

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in this months Uncut magazine   Stooges in this months Uncut magazine Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:43 am

i listened to both uncuts search and destroy and munsters back to back and on my pitch adjust turntable i had to turn the speed up a fair notch.like you i had previously stashed this away and listened to another copy i had on cd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in this months Uncut magazine   Stooges in this months Uncut magazine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges in this months Uncut magazine
Page 1 of 1