Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Has anyone met and/or interviewed Iggy/The Stooges?

Go down 
+2
weed_killer
field day
6 posters
AuthorMessage
field day

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Has anyone met and/or interviewed Iggy/The Stooges? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone met and/or interviewed Iggy/The Stooges?   Has anyone met and/or interviewed Iggy/The Stooges? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 6:24 am

I mean any personal and /or professional encounters with Iggy or any of the Stooges?
Reading the posts, some of you’d seen them SO many times, so I am most curious if you have any fun stories to tell?
It is my dream to interview Iggy!! And I believe it’ll happen, but for now I’ll keep on dreaming...
Love

Last edited by field day on Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
weed_killer

weed_killer

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone met and/or interviewed Iggy/The Stooges?   Has anyone met and/or interviewed Iggy/The Stooges? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 4:40 am

Well, I for one have never heard of this Stoogies band he was in Razz
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone met and/or interviewed Iggy/The Stooges?   Has anyone met and/or interviewed Iggy/The Stooges? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:04 am

*stooges No
Back to top Go down
field day

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone met and/or interviewed Iggy/The Stooges?   Has anyone met and/or interviewed Iggy/The Stooges? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 7:29 am

Amended.
Yeah I must proof read. That was clearly non intentional.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone met and/or interviewed Iggy/The Stooges?   Has anyone met and/or interviewed Iggy/The Stooges? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 5:35 pm

No, I have not. Aside from a couple of emails w/ James, nothing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Chazz Avery

Chazz Avery

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone met and/or interviewed Iggy/The Stooges?   Has anyone met and/or interviewed Iggy/The Stooges? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:48 pm

I've met Iggy twice.

First was 1982 in Cleveland at the original Cleveland Agora. We were waiting for autographs after the show. He was very friendly and chatted with us for about 15 minutes. Asked us things like where we were from and how far was that. Asked our names. That's about all I remember from it.

The second was 1986 in Detroit at St. Andrew's Hall. Again waiting for autographs. This time he seemed in a hurry. Signed the autographs and hurried off. Very little chat. Perhaps being in Detroit, he wanted to see friends or something. However, we did find THE soundboard tape of the show lying on the ground!

First met Mike Watt in 1985 in Columbus when he was with fIREHOSE. Sat with him for about an hour in the band's van. He was coming down with a bad cold. Chatted about a lot of things but he kept changing the topic to Madonna and her new album. He took a photo of me with George Hurley. Also chatted with him a couple times later (1980s) in Cleveland but don't remember exactly. Chatted with him briefly in Toledo in 1997 at Frankie's.

A friend of mine met Ron and Scott (and Cheetah Chrome) in Cleveland (late 1980s) when Dark Carnival played the Stiv Bators memorial show. I don't remember the details he told me and he passed away a couple years ago so I can't ask him.
Back to top Go down
http://beatlesource.com/chazz
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone met and/or interviewed Iggy/The Stooges?   Has anyone met and/or interviewed Iggy/The Stooges? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 5:18 am

field day, don't just dream, do. Get active. Build up a solid c.v. of writing that's published in recognizable places, online or print. Interview other celebs to get the hang of it. Get a cursory knowledge of narcissism, as most entertainers have to have this to some degree in order to succeed, so that it won't throw you for a loop. Read everything (reputable) you can on any subject before you talk to them so that you don't bore them with questions they've heard a million times.

When you have a real backlog of experience and samples, you probably won't be turned down by management for a short phone interview with the celeb in question. Iggy should be easy as he's extroverted, charming when not specifically annoyed by someone, interested in a wide variety of topics and considers interviews to be an extension of performance art. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone met and/or interviewed Iggy/The Stooges?   Has anyone met and/or interviewed Iggy/The Stooges? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone met and/or interviewed Iggy/The Stooges?
Page 1 of 1