Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Live in Lille download

Go down 
+14
ziggy
theclarkness
soldier
saichan
Cato
Radiobirdman73
Loose1969
jpod
Donald
manelcat
gazatthebop
freemind
studioguy
coffeepotman
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
coffeepotman

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-10-02

Live in Lille download Empty
PostSubject: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 7:22 pm

In case anybody did not see this in the Scene of the Crime section you can download a MP3 copy or purchase a USB of this show. It is AWESOME! 1 hour and 20 minutes of killer new Stooges. It's totally legit, I just DL'd the mp3 version for $21.

Here's the link....http://simfylive.com/en/artist/6103/Iggy-Pop-+-The-Stooges.html?i=4d0d9d492d-74a3ba965
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 7:56 pm

coffeepotman wrote:
In case anybody did not see this in the Scene of the Crime section you can download a MP3 copy or purchase a USB of this show. It is AWESOME! 1 hour and 20 minutes of killer new Stooges. It's totally legit, I just DL'd the mp3 version for $21.

Here's the link....http://simfylive.com/en/artist/6103/Iggy-Pop-+-The-Stooges.html?i=4d0d9d492d-74a3ba965

I bought it and it totally kick ass. Best live Stooges I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
coffeepotman

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:12 pm

The band really has it together, much better than the Brazil gig. I'm really amazed at how good they sound and Iggy's voice holds up really well and without all the screaming, cursing and barking nonsense. James guitar is just KILLER. I'm not sure about the sax, I like it but it's very prominent almost a little too much.
Back to top Go down
freemind

freemind

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:21 pm

Does "Your pretty face" sounds good on live too ? (I think it's an under appreciated songs)
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:28 pm

freemind wrote:
Does "Your pretty face" sounds good on live too ? (I think it's an under appreciated songs)

Sounds killer!!

I think Steve M sounds great on Sax on all the tracks
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 10:28 pm

Its a nice sounding recording i must say.
Back to top Go down
manelcat

manelcat

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 11:32 pm

I downloaded the gig too ! Fuckin' great !!! Smile
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 11:36 pm

Me too!

Last edited by gazatthebop on Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:20 am

pity its too long for one disc!
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:29 pm

I think we could have done without the sax on a lot of this. It sounds plain wrong on Raw Power and Cock in My Pocket. Maybe if it was lower in the mix. The guitar needs to be louder than the sax. Hopefully the Apollo one will be a better mix.
Back to top Go down
manelcat

manelcat

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:46 pm

Yes, the guitar needs to be louder and I think they have to practice a little bit the beginning of I Got a Right.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:55 pm

Currently re-EQ' ing that concert to get JW's guitar louder...vocals are too loud....especially in open up and bleed....
Back to top Go down
freemind

freemind

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:05 pm

IMO the piano is a best way for Raw Power tour (Scott Thurston if you hear me) and some backing vocals too (like on O&B, kill city etc...)

Anyway I m glad the sound's quality is really good like the show by the way.
And may be next time we'll hear some new materials
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:58 pm

I really wanna hear this. I was just about to buy it when I noticed it says they are recording the first London show too.

I'm gonna get that instead so I can have a souvenir of the show. I've never had a live recording of a any gig I've seen.
and what better one to have than this...
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:49 pm

This is fucking GREAT- thanks for posting! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:17 am

gazatthebop wrote:
Currently re-EQ' ing that concert to get JW's guitar louder...vocals are too loud....especially in open up and bleed....

love to hear this
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:46 am

its funny...having spent lots of time over the years trying to clean up old stooges concert tapes i'm trying to deconstruct this one to make it sound like a bootleg!
Back to top Go down
Cato

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:03 am

Great recording! So good they do ”Open up and bleed” now! I hope they prepare ”Head on”, ”Wet my bed” and” Big Time Bum” for live shows these summer as well. It would be nice to hear these tracks with good sound for once....

Cato
Back to top Go down
saichan

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:15 am

Donald wrote:
I think we could have done without the sax on a lot of this. It sounds plain wrong on Raw Power and Cock in My Pocket. Maybe if it was lower in the mix. The guitar needs to be louder than the sax. Hopefully the Apollo one will be a better mix.

Totally agree with this. Williamson sounds incredible on this download - he really has shaken off the 30-year rust in a major fashion, but the sax threatens to bury some of his tastiest parts.

Without detracting from Steve Mackay's talents, I'd go so far as to say not only should the sax be lowered in the mix, but that it shouldn't be on Raw Power songs at all. If I want the Stooges with sax, I listen to Fun House, which is phenomenal with Mackay on board. On the other hand, I listen to Raw Power for the sheer rush of the unadorned band.

Please reconsider, Stooges - you can add enough songs from Fun House and Kill City to your repertoire for sax fans to get their fix.
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:33 am

I have to agree with everything already written - sax too loud, guitar too quiet, iggy sounds great. The only thing I'd add is that Rock sounds f'ing great; Like a total animal. Excellent recording. Can't wait for the next one.
Back to top Go down
Radiobirdman73

Radiobirdman73

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:46 am

another thought that bears mentioning is how absolutely demented Funhouse sounds. Watt takes a killer bassline and somehow makes it even more twisted. Him and James really lock in on this tune and it totally rips. I don't know if this is how they played it when Ron was still with us - but simply put, it's the real deal.

My only hope - they play somewhere in the Southwest of the US. I have to see this live. I don't even care if tickets ARE $120 bucks - gotta witness this in the flesh.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:33 am

Radiobirdman73 wrote:
I have to agree with everything already written - sax too loud, guitar too quiet, iggy sounds great. The only thing I'd add is that Rock sounds f'ing great; Like a total animal. Excellent recording. Can't wait for the next one.

The Sax is a little too loud, but personally I'm liking it on the Raw Power Tracks, if the mix was right it would be like a second guitar.

James is officially not rusty anymore and really on fire and Scott and Mike are really locked in and sounding huge.

I have to try and get to Toronto!
Back to top Go down
manelcat

manelcat

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:09 am

The bass of Mike Watt in Open Up And Bleed is excellent !! Very good work in that song !
Back to top Go down
soldier

Number of posts : 512
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:15 am

manelcat wrote:
The bass of Mike Watt in Open Up And Bleed is excellent !! Very good work in that song !

the best song of the show for me , the way the ig sing it is so good
Back to top Go down
manelcat

manelcat

PostSubject: Re: Live in Lille download   Live in Lille download Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:36 pm

the best song of the show for me , the way the ig sing it is so good[/quote]

Totally agree Soldier. Iggy has changed the melody a little bit and he sings it perfectly with a good voice. The better song of the show.
Back to top Go down

Live in Lille download
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: