Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?

Go down 
+26
Stranger09
boogie
Nandayo
trailerborn
TV-Eye
Aku
Loose1969
damned
the5thramone37
TED
adams66
iggy-fan
Donald
birchy
Petrie Terrace
MJG196
neven
berlinberlin
Nadja
heavy liquid
toki
Lucas
homesickjameswilliamson
G, F#, E
stooges
ziggy79
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ziggy79

ziggy79

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Empty
PostSubject: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:50 pm

Yes or no?
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 11:21 pm

no
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 11:39 pm

Doesn't bother me, if The Stooges do disband again (which I think will happen) I would not be bothered about Iggy touring solo though I wouldn't go to see him. As far as I am concerned Iggy has a couple of great albums, handful of mediocre albums and the rest are downright dreadful (with maybe one or two decent tunes on them).

I used to be a huge fan of Iggy's solo work but I no longer enjoy it, much of it is stuff you force yourself to like because Iggy made it. None of Iggy's solo work matches The Stooges though, not the slightest bit.
Back to top Go down
stooges

stooges

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 11:53 pm

I would prefer if they just played with the Stooges... Iggy Pop(solo) he played more than 20 years, so now only the Stooges
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 12:06 am

I would love it, i do like alot of iggys stuff, some of it, as G has suggest, you almost listen to ironically, but i do enjoy it - granted i dont listen to his stuff that often - but i would love a solo tour, i thought preliminaires was a great album, and iggy has more than enough material fast or slow to keep a tour going for a couple years

so i would love it, though i'd still like iggy & the stooges to keep going until i see them a couple times maybe, and to get a 5th stooges album out of them of new material (and one of rerecorded 'lost' gems)
Back to top Go down
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 12:20 am

I would love it. I hope we will not see 5 years with the same setlist as we did the last 5 years.
Apart from that, I don't think Iggy will have the energy to keep playing with the stooges for many years. He is getting old. I think in a year or 5 from now we will see no more Stooges, but Iggy playing solo song like his last album.
Back to top Go down
toki

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 8:46 am

I support it, an artist is an artist granted I havent dug some stuff Ive heard but thats an artist. If its in his heart then I support it
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:06 am

G, F#, E wrote:
None of Iggy's solo work matches The Stooges though, not the slightest bit.

My sentiments exactly.

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 1:28 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
berlinberlin

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 2:55 pm

Sure, yes, as long as he gets a good band together. The Trolls had been a terrible one in my opinion ...
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 5:02 pm

i regret it that he didn't tour with preliminaires,the french radio show was great and the duisburg show looked very interesting.however I'm glad the stooges continued .
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 5:36 pm

G, F#, E wrote:
I used to be a huge fan of Iggy's solo work but I no longer enjoy it, much of it is stuff you force yourself to like because Iggy made it. None of Iggy's solo work matches The Stooges though, not the slightest bit.

New Values and a bunch of live recordings. I wholeheartedly agree with you. The Stooges or nothin' as far as I am concerned.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 5:40 pm

MJG196 wrote:
G, F#, E wrote:

New Values and a bunch of live recordings. I wholeheartedly agree with you. The Stooges or nothin' as far as I am concerned.

Likewise
Back to top Go down
birchy

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:05 pm

Would depend on the band and the set.Up to New Values I don't think Iggy put a foot wrong,
after that most of the albums have a couple of decent tracks and a load of filler...but in saying that..lots of songs that were poor on record have been transformed when played live...i.e Dog Food,Run Like a Villain,Eggs on a Plate,Cry for Love and all the stuff that was played live from the Instinct album.
He could certainly put together a worthwhile setlist,it would all depend on the musicians he used!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 11:39 am

Not for a couple of years but if he tours this incarnation of the Stooges with barely any changes to the setlist it will make a nice break. As long as he gets a decent band together, the Trolls were just awful. He could get Brian James back.
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 5:54 pm

He can do both The Stooges and solo if he wants to. This is completely his decision! Our decison is about if we want to buy the records and to see the concerts.
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 6:19 pm

Iggy can't keep going like this for too much longer surely? After this current bout of touring with this incarnation of the Stooges, I wouldn't be surprised if Iggy kind 'retires' the stage madman in favour of a more sedate performance style, not unlike the Preliminaires concerts last year - and what a pity there weren't more of those...

Cheers,

Richard
Back to top Go down
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:57 pm

I would support Iggy in whatever guise Love
Back to top Go down
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 11:40 pm

I would. i've always enjoyed iggys solo work, not even because Iggy made it, but ive just grown acustom to the style he writes and plays. Everything off Soldier, Party, and New Values is great imo. Nothing will beat the stooges, but if he decides to, id be in favor of a solo tour.
Back to top Go down
damned

damned

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 1:21 am

yes, why not?
Back to top Go down
http://www.search-and-destroy.it
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:08 am

N fucking O.

Stooges or bust.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
stooges

stooges

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:13 am

No-ooo ..... we have a raw power era iggy preparing a new album with a JW and they but want to solo Iggy Pop

No No No No
Back to top Go down
Aku

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:40 pm

why not, maybe he could do both..play the stooges stuff with the stooges and do something else on his own...
Back to top Go down
TV-Eye

TV-Eye

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:03 pm

I'm not against the fact he continues his solo career provided that he stops making some kind of punk-rock music. The Trolls were awful just like Beat'em up and Skull Ring. I have never felt like killing somebody before hearing Whitey Kirst playing guitar. If Iggy continues his solo career and he will, there's no doubt about it if his health is ok, I would like him to make music which sounds a bit like on Avenue B and Préliminaires: some folk-blues-jazz stuff. Iggy has a great voice. He could be a sort of folk-blues singer or a crooner.
But before, he will continue touring with the Stooges, with James Williamson, showing to the world what is the best music ever made. Perhaps, they will make another Stooges album and, bizarrely, I'm not as afraid as I was before The Weirdness was released. This album is bullshit compared to the rest of the Stooges work. But, I don't know why. I think the album they could make with James Williamson could be better. Not as good as Raw Power of course, it's impossible. But, it can be a good album.
Back to top Go down
ziggy79

ziggy79

Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:03 pm

I would actually enjoy hearing New Values being played live.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?   Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would you welcome another Iggy solo tour in the future?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next