Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best recorded live talk

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
anton

anton

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Best recorded live talk Empty
PostSubject: Best recorded live talk   Best recorded live talk Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:59 pm

Don't know if this one has been raised before.

Are there any particular Iggy Pop rants that you like the most? And which live albums do they appear on?

Iggy Pop adressing the audience is almost part of the Stooges sound, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
msteeln

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Best recorded live talk   Best recorded live talk Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:15 pm

The clear winner for me is the immortal KO recording. The music is great and the banter can't be beat, at least from all I've heard.
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Best recorded live talk   Best recorded live talk Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:23 pm

Back to top Go down
msteeln

PostSubject: Re: Best recorded live talk   Best recorded live talk Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:47 pm

Was that Frank Infante or Gary Valentine on guitar?
The on-stage years with Michael Page/Rob Duprey were awesome, at least the gig I saw in '82 or '83 was.

In this clip above Iggy doesn't come off as a winner like he normally would. Shoulda jumped on the guys head like Ted Nugent did to puke that spit on performers, or at least done better with his wit like we know he can.
Back to top Go down
Aku

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Best recorded live talk   Best recorded live talk Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 10:46 pm

There´s a bootleg I think it´s called "Live 77" - It's iggy on stage during his (solo circa 77) - lust for life tour
where Iggy goes on and on about his backing band, between songs and says things like:

"Now..when I was in a insane asylum..these people came to visit me"

" We are men...and when I say men ..i mean..when we shoot heroin up in our arms..it´s nobody else's fault"

I always found that extremely funny...
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Best recorded live talk   Best recorded live talk Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:30 am

msteeln wrote:
Was that Frank Infante or Gary Valentine on guitar?
The on-stage years with Michael Page/Rob Duprey were awesome, at least the gig I saw in '82 or '83 was.

In this clip above Iggy doesn't come off as a winner like he normally would. Shoulda jumped on the guys head like Ted Nugent did to puke that spit on performers, or at least done better with his wit like we know he can.

I'm pretty sure that's Valentine.

Iggy could've gone this route:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4uahL_tQWc

Also fond of this little ditty Iggy croons to the crowd at the end of the 11/18/77 San Diego show:

sometimes I think you're fucked
sometimes I think you're all right
but it doesn't really matter
'cause I'm sleeping here tonight
Back to top Go down
anton

anton

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Best recorded live talk   Best recorded live talk Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:08 pm

"This is going to be... hello, the last song tonite...''
''Uuuuh. Maybe, maybe, peut-être''
''This is a song of misery and pain and fucking hopelessness of my miserable fucking youth... and look at me now!"
"Open up and bleed, baby"

Iggy Pop, Lille, 17-04-2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmFEe8nR5Ds
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Best recorded live talk   Best recorded live talk Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 11:29 pm

msteeln wrote:
The clear winner for me is the immortal KO recording. The music is great and the banter can't be beat, at least from all I've heard.
Ditto!
"Louie Louie.... I never thought I where coming to this baby"
"You almost killed me but missed again. Try again next week"

priceless Dance
Back to top Go down
msteeln

PostSubject: Re: Best recorded live talk   Best recorded live talk Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 12:44 am

ChuckN wrote:
Ditto!
"Louie Louie.... I never thought I where coming to this baby"
"You almost killed me but missed again. Try again next week"
priceless Dance
You can throw your goddamn cocks, I don't care.
You pricks can throw everything in the goddamn world and your girfriends'll still love me!
I don't care if you throw all the ice in the world, but you're paying 5 bucks and I'm making ten grand, so screw ya!
A-one-two, fuck you pricks!
We don't hate you, we don't even care.

I rushed out and bought this lp as soon as I heard about it by non-other than Killer Kane saying it was the comedy album of the year. True, and better money was rarely spent.

The Heroin Hates You recording from Hollywood's Starwood club has some fun stuff too, as the stage starts falling apart. At the end the DJ say's about Iggy using 'fuck' on air a few times, "Well, what do you do? Play it and get in trouble, or not play it and get in more trouble?".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best recorded live talk   Best recorded live talk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best recorded live talk
Page 1 of 1