Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raw Power: New Editions

Go down 
+6
TONY58
Aku
Garageman
Loose1969
MJG196
unheard78
10 posters
AuthorMessage
unheard78

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-05-15

Raw Power: New Editions Empty
PostSubject: Raw Power: New Editions   Raw Power: New Editions Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:21 am

So I bought the 2 disc Legacy Edition of Raw Power the other day and I'm quite pleased with it, although Doojiman doesn't impress me. That said, I wanted to know what people thought about the special edition with the third CD and DVD. Everything I've heard about the third CD sounds really mixed and I haven't heard anything about the DVD. Anyone want to share their opinions of these two discs and the packaging please?

By the way, while on this topic, did the RG Jones At Wimbledon demo ever leak out?
Back to top Go down
http://unheard78.blogspot.com
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power: New Editions   Raw Power: New Editions Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:28 am

Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power: New Editions   Raw Power: New Editions Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:50 am

It's awesome, I love it, and refer to the aforementioned threads for anything else. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
Garageman

Garageman

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power: New Editions   Raw Power: New Editions Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:41 pm

Personally, I like the remaster of the original LP, the live disc and the DVD, but the third disc was a disappointment.
Back to top Go down
unheard78

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power: New Editions   Raw Power: New Editions Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 3:09 pm

Cool. Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
http://unheard78.blogspot.com
Aku

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power: New Editions   Raw Power: New Editions Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:02 pm

The DVD film was posted in Youtube, So if someone hasn't seen it yet..just search for: Raw Power documentary. - It´s there.
Back to top Go down
TONY58

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power: New Editions   Raw Power: New Editions Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:05 am

I bought both. Very disappointed that they did not contain more songs like Money, Louie Louie, Private Parts, Fresh Rag etc. Another rip off and screw up !
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power: New Editions   Raw Power: New Editions Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:47 pm

TONY58 wrote:
I bought both. Very disappointed that they did not contain more songs like Money, Louie Louie, Private Parts, Fresh Rag etc. Another rip off and screw up !

Did they ever record those in the studio? You knew what the tracklists were before you bought 'em (and if you didn't, they were certainly posted everywhere). So, I think the only person who screwed up was you.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
Garageman

Garageman

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power: New Editions   Raw Power: New Editions Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:30 pm

MJG196 wrote:
TONY58 wrote:

Did they ever record those in the studio? You knew what the tracklists were before you bought 'em (and if you didn't, they were certainly posted everywhere). So, I think the only person who screwed up was you.

Well, we were promised unreleased versions of I Got a Right and Head On too, but Easy Action had already released them. That's something I couldn't know before investing in the Deluxe Edition. I admit screwing up there.
Back to top Go down
TONY58

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power: New Editions   Raw Power: New Editions Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 5:51 am

Hey mjg196 screw up idiot ! I have been buying Stooges records since 1970 despite any track list ! I collect them all ! It is my business not yours boy !
Back to top Go down
TONY58

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power: New Editions   Raw Power: New Editions Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:11 am

Between Funhouse and Raw Power, The Stooges had enough great songs that should have been in this package as an extra CD. I Got A Right, Fresh Rag, Scene of The Crime, Sick of you, Gimme Some Skin, Nigger Man, Private Parts, Money, I'm Hungry, Tight Pants, You Don't Want My Name, Louie Louie, I Feel Like A Piece of Shit, Hey Peter; etc. This could have been a killer LP on its own at the time ! The 1972 recordings are up there with anything ever done !
Back to top Go down
Garageman

Garageman

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power: New Editions   Raw Power: New Editions Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 12:00 pm

TONY58 wrote:
Between Funhouse and Raw Power, The Stooges had enough great songs that should have been in this package as an extra CD. I Got A Right, Fresh Rag, Scene of The Crime, Sick of you, Gimme Some Skin, Nigger Man, Private Parts, Money, I'm Hungry, Tight Pants, You Don't Want My Name, Louie Louie, I Feel Like A Piece of Shit, Hey Peter; etc. This could have been a killer LP on its own at the time ! The 1972 recordings are up there with anything ever done !

I agree with you, Tony. There was a lot of room on the extra disc (and on the other discs too), so why did they leave out Scene Of The Crime and Gimme Some Skin, for example? I don't believe there simply wasn't more interesting outtakes in the can than than those 4 "alternate" mixes (two of them from 1996!). This could've been a great box set.
Back to top Go down
cantona7

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power: New Editions   Raw Power: New Editions Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 10:10 pm

the glaring omission has to be the version of search and destroy from the original UK LP and cassette release which also made it on to the first press on embassy in the UK in 1977. When the album starts with the version that features louder bass and drums the whole thing sounds heavier and darker. My original CBS LP sounds better than the legacy re-issue for that very reason. I know the familiar version as per the legacy is the one authorised by Bowie, Iggy and CBS for release and the one I like was done in error, but it should have been on CD3 at least.
Back to top Go down
jpstooges

jpstooges

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power: New Editions   Raw Power: New Editions Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 1:35 am

Though there was no need for further evidence that the Legacy/Deluxe edition of Raw Power is as bad as Rhino's first Stooges LP 2CD release, I made an A/B testing of "Head On" from Legacy Edition and "Studio Rehearsals 73-74" bootleg LP. I sped Studio Rehearsals version and lowered (a lot) gain from Legacy edition, check 1 minute sample here:
rapidshare.com Head_On_Legacy___SR_73-74.mp3
How come a lousy, scratchy, cheap 80's bootleg sound way better than a remastered 2010 release? (having said that, Georgia Peaches live recording is really fantastic).
Back to top Go down
Nandayo

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power: New Editions   Raw Power: New Editions Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:01 pm

is it true the deluxe edition can only be bought via the iggy pop website so it has to be shipped from the usa?
it's nowhere available in just a regular record store?
Back to top Go down
NickZah

NickZah

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power: New Editions   Raw Power: New Editions Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 4:36 am

Yes it is true, but it is still available on several sites such as Amazon. To me in Russia is not delivered and I can not order Deluxe Raw Power, only available Legacy Edition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power: New Editions   Raw Power: New Editions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raw Power: New Editions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: