Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1st album replacement discs

Go down 
+7
Hectorlovesthestooges
rubber legs
jaredlange911
MJG196
Natalie
neven
Monger
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Monger

Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

1st album replacement discs Empty
PostSubject: 1st album replacement discs   1st album replacement discs Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:38 am

anyone get theirs yet?
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: 1st album replacement discs   1st album replacement discs Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:41 am

yes,disc colour changed,corrected disc number,no speed correction on cale tracks
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: 1st album replacement discs   1st album replacement discs Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:03 am

I did not buy this CD package as I am happy with the double CD I have. I also did not buy it because I thought it was a rip off at 50 dollars.

I have been reading about slow speeds and corrected CD's that are not corrected for weeks now. One thread has 14 0r 16 pages already.

I guess I am interested to know why everybody does not just demand their money back. You all paid good money for a crap recording.

Write to the better business bureau in your city or make a complaint to a TV station that does consumer inquiries for unsatisfied customers. Write to the Library ofr Congress, I don't care, but do something other than whine about it.

You all know I like all stooges fans here and I appreciate all of you. But you are STOOGE Fans. Don't just sit on your hands. Do something about it !!!!!!!!!!!

If Rhino ever releases the Unganos gigs, I want them to be correct and I know you all want the same thing. Make sure they don't do it to Stooge fans twice!
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: 1st album replacement discs   1st album replacement discs Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:05 am

Natalie wrote:
I guess I am interested to know why everybody does not just demand their money back. You all paid good money for a crap recording.

Well said.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
jaredlange911

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: 1st album replacement discs   1st album replacement discs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:15 pm

got mine a week ago. had to write them to get them sent though.
Back to top Go down
rubber legs

rubber legs

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: 1st album replacement discs   1st album replacement discs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:25 pm

I'm kind of on the fence about the whole thing. I have already complained to customer service (fat lot of good that did). Part of me wants to demand a refund, but the Stooges completist in me wants to keep the damn thing. I don't own the 2005 2 disc version, so it's not duplicative of anything, and therefore worth having...I guess.

Last edited by rubber legs on Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: 1st album replacement discs   1st album replacement discs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Natalie wrote:
I did not buy this CD package as I am happy with the double CD I have. I also did not buy it because I thought it was a rip off at 50 dollars.

I have been reading about slow speeds and corrected CD's that are not corrected for weeks now. One thread has 14 0r 16 pages already.

Write to the better business bureau in your city or make a complaint to a TV station that does consumer inquiries for unsatisfied customers. Write to the Library ofr Congress, I don't care, but do something other than whine about it.

You all know I like all stooges fans here and I appreciate all of you. But you are STOOGE Fans. Don't just sit on your hands. Do something about it !!!!!!!!!!!

If Rhino ever releases the Unganos gigs, I want them to be correct and I know you all want the same thing. Make sure they don't do it to Stooge fans twice!

Amen Natalie...I just downloaded Asthma Attack because it was the only song I was interested in.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: 1st album replacement discs   1st album replacement discs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 5:24 pm

Quote :
Amen Natalie...I just downloaded Asthma Attack because it was the only song I was interested in.

is it possible to buy asthma attack or the songs separately now?
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: 1st album replacement discs   1st album replacement discs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 5:44 pm

homesickjameswilliamson wrote:
Quote :

is it possible to buy asthma attack or the songs separately now?

I don't know...but there's the illegal download pirat
Back to top Go down
ashitanoramen

ashitanoramen

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: 1st album replacement discs   1st album replacement discs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 5:59 pm

Yeah Hector.In the rhino page it's not possible to buy any of the songs of the collectors box and I check the itunes and it's not avaliable.I really wanted this but they are cheating on us about the Cale mixes so what we have it's just Asthma attack,the real cool time and little doll takes and We will fall full version,and I don't wanna say nothing more.... Very Happy
1st album replacement discs 784553
Back to top Go down
ashitanoramen

ashitanoramen

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: 1st album replacement discs   1st album replacement discs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 6:05 pm

I forgot to tell that I finally purchase the deluxe edition of the first and the funhouse cd for just 5 € each on amazon uk.I always play the vinyl albums and now that I decided not buy the box it's a good chance to buy this...
I'm with Natalie, this collectors edition is a rip off.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: 1st album replacement discs   1st album replacement discs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 6:14 pm

Quote :
I forgot to tell that I finally purchase the deluxe edition of the first and the funhouse cd for just 5 € each on amazon uk.I always play the vinyl albums and now that I decided not buy the box it's a good chance to buy this...
I'm with Natalie, this collectors edition is a rip off.

the 2005 reissues are all you need, i thought they were great packages, and obviously if you can get the funhouse sessions its a necessity
Back to top Go down
mr.datsun

mr.datsun

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: 1st album replacement discs   1st album replacement discs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:17 pm

I got my replacement today. A little quicker than the one month to get the boxset.

Yes, in Rhino's 'never ending question for perfection', they used the wrong red to 'reflects the original label colour as issued in 1969' and they didn't print the text in sliver ink, either. But – I really don't care because if the Cale mix is the wrong bl**dy speed then the labels might as well be a putrid green and be misprinted with 'The Partridge Family's Greatest Hits' back to front, for all it matters.

btw. Does anyone know what's needed to even get a reply from dr.rhinoplasty@rhino.com?
Back to top Go down
rev. mike

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: 1st album replacement discs   1st album replacement discs Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:31 pm

I received my replacement discs about 2 weeks ago. I asked for a refund after I confirmed that the Cale mixes were still fucked (I have an email from Rhino stating that issue would be fixed). I was told I could not get a refund because I had the set longer than 30 days and it had been opened (although the Rhino website says they have a 100% satisfaction gauranteed return policy for 3 months). I have opened a dispute with my Credit Card company, we'll see how that goes.
Back to top Go down
mr.datsun

mr.datsun

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: 1st album replacement discs   1st album replacement discs Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:44 pm

rev. mike wrote:
I received my replacement discs about 2 weeks ago. I asked for a refund after I confirmed that the Cale mixes were still fucked (I have an email from Rhino stating that issue would be fixed). I was told I could not get a refund because I had the set longer than 30 days and it had been opened (although the Rhino website says they have a 100% satisfaction gauranteed return policy for 3 months). I have opened a dispute with my Credit Card company, we'll see how that goes.

Good luck with the credit card route.

I have formally asked for a refund from customer services – who unlike dr.rhino, do reply. They told me that they'd get back to me in a few days.

If they quote 30 days, like they have with you, then I will keep nagging them. I have copied the 3 months policy to my hard drive, in case it ever disappears from their site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st album replacement discs   1st album replacement discs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st album replacement discs
Page 1 of 1