Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner

Go down 
+16
sizeable bulge
951Sib
mark
23rd Express
ChuckN
TeddyB1018
studioguy
nkdlunch
adams66
osterbergermeister
Tornado
TED
Petrie Terrace
Perdu
andrew
blackout88
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tornado

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-09-14

Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:49 am

None of those are me. Thanks for letting me clear that up!
Back to top Go down
sizeable bulge

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:43 am

Tornado wrote:
I want to think about it for awhile before doing so.

Oh, you haven't had enough time to do that already? Where were you the last two weeks, in a coma???
Back to top Go down
Tornado

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:58 am

That's it for me, I'm done with this site. I will contact Paul & offer the story to him for a future edition of his book if he wants it. Anyone who was interested can thank the sender above.
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:22 pm

Unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Yes, that was an over the top reaction to an innocuous and potentially interesting poster. I'm not sure he was 'obviously stringing us along'.
Surely it's far better to give people the benefit of the doubt, rather than judging them without proof.
Richard
Back to top Go down
mark

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:11 pm

sizeable bulge wrote:
Tornado wrote:
I want to think about it for awhile before doing so.
Oh, you haven't had enough time to do that already? Where were you the last two weeks, in a coma???
this springs to mind.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 pm

Sizeable Bulge, I really don't understand why you are so annoyed?

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:50 pm

Why all the anger? 50/50 chance he was the real deal and now we potentially lose out on inside info or the fun of stringing a phony along for awhile
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 12:16 pm

951Sib wrote:
sizeable bulge wrote:
You waited until you knew the thread was dead before reemerging.
For sure, it's a fuckin' fake.
You're right.
Based on what really??
Having a social life is the same as being a fake?? Have often stalled answering on post for several weeks due to communication in the "real world". I know it's hard to believe for somebody who never leaves the boys room.("Sizable" comes immediately to mind)

Agree with studioguy, it's a 50/50 shot, and what the hell would we lose if this was a fake? Last time I checked curiosity and fact-finding was free of charge, at least on this forum. It's been quite a few years, and "Tornado" might actually have been tempted to tell his version of the history finally.
Well done "Sizable", just over 20 posts and you might already have sabotaged for the people who were actually looking to learn something about the Stooges history.

Wherever "Tornado" is the "unknown guitarists", gone fishing, or sitting on stories and unreleased material from a session in the "Funhouse" we'll probably never know by know. Won't blame "Tornado" if he's the real deal..
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:13 pm

I think this forum was also instrumental in getting Jimmy Recca out of the woodwork. Who ever "Tornado" was, it could have been fun, real or phony.
Back to top Go down
sizeable bulge

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:49 pm

Why am I so annoyed by this guy? Because I've been through this bullshit before. In other discussion groups. And it gets more irritating each time. The pattern of the hoaxer is almost always the same. When they first arrive they offer something tantalizing (in this case an unreleased song). They then lie low while they enjoy the excitement they created. When they realize the excitement has dissipated they then reappear, backtrack on what they initially offered ("I don't think what I have on tape is worthy of publication"), and stall for more time (" I want to think about it for awhile before doing so"), to hopefully let the hoax play out a little longer.

I think I've given this guy the benefit of the doubt. He had every opportunity in the first 2 - 3 weeks of first posting to give his story. But he chose not to. There's nothing he's told us so far that he couldn't have made up. It's like when debt collectors tell people they're going to sue them. If they were going to do it they would simply do it. And if this guy wanted to give us his story he would have done so already. It was high time to pull the plug on this BS.
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 12:08 am

sizeable bulge wrote:
Why am I so annoyed by this guy? Because I've been through this bullshit before. In other discussion groups. And it gets more irritating each time. ...I think I've given this guy the benefit of the doubt.
That reads all "me me me me me me..."

So you've "been through this bullshit before"? Well that's not really the forum's problem, and you shouldn't make it so.

If you didn't want to read Tornado's posts why not just stop reading them? and back off, let everyone else here read what the guy has to say, if anything, if they want to.

sizeable bulge wrote:
It was high time to pull the plug on this BS.

Well so you say, but that's just one opinion, and rather than "pull the plug" (so dominant!) you could have just looked away, and let things carry on, so we could all make up our own minds.

Angry

Back to top Go down
951Sib

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2010-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:54 am

Wow! That's scary, but almost everybody here believes that the real Tornado Turner was here!

Forget about it, he was just a boring clown. Total fake.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 10:29 am

woody wrote:
sizeable bulge wrote:
Why am I so annoyed by this guy? Because I've been through this bullshit before. In other discussion groups. And it gets more irritating each time. ...I think I've given this guy the benefit of the doubt.
That reads all "me me me me me me..."

So you've "been through this bullshit before"? Well that's not really the forum's problem, and you shouldn't make it so.

If you didn't want to read Tornado's posts why not just stop reading them? and back off, let everyone else here read what the guy has to say, if anything, if they want to.

sizeable bulge wrote:
It was high time to pull the plug on this BS.

Well so you say, but that's just one opinion, and rather than "pull the plug" (so dominant!) you could have just looked away, and let things carry on, so we could all make up our own minds.

Angry

My sentiments exactly.

Sizeable bulge, it is your own fault for believing those people on the other forums, no need to get so worked up about something that has happened on other forums and bring it to this forum.

woody

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:52 am

951Sib wrote:
Wow! That's scary, but almost everybody here believes that the real Tornado Turner was here!
Not necessarily, but perhaps 'almost everybody' was prepared to stay cool, look and listen, and not get our panties in a bunch, not feel the need to be the first to start freaking out and throwing insults around.

It looks like Sizeable Bulge doesn't even want to hear from the real Tornado Turner, or at least not without insulting him first:

sizeable bulge wrote:
... even if you were who you said you were (highly doubtful) you were but an insignificant blip in Stooges lore. About on par with Billy Cheatham. Less so.
I mean.. what's all that about? confused

Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 6:39 pm

It's not if we believed or not, the guy didn't even have a chance to say anything one way or the other. It would be easy to believe that the real Warren Klein would google "Tornado Turner" for fun and find this forum and maybe talk about it. Just as easy anybody could do that, but with all the Stooges knowledge on this forum, we could have probably sorted it out pretty fast.
Back to top Go down
sizeable bulge

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:00 pm

[/quote]

My sentiments exactly.

Sizeable bulge, it is your own fault for believing those people on the other forums, no need to get so worked up about something that has happened on other forums and bring it to this forum.
[/quote]

No, I never believed them. I've always exposed them (in due time). And without bragging I have to say my record has been perfect so far.
Back to top Go down
sizeable bulge

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:51 pm

studioguy wrote:
It's not if we believed or not, the guy didn't even have a chance to say anything one way or the other.

Oh, come on!! How long was it since he first posted that anyone accused him of being phony? It must have been 2 weeks.
I think the reason the guy waited so long after he first posted was to see if anyone, maybe someone with a connection to the real Tornado Turner, could definitively prove that he was a fake. When nobody could do that, he came back for a second helping of bs. In my 25 years of following the Stooges I've never seen a quote, let alone an interview, from Tornado Turner. He claims to have been contacted by journalists, yet we're supposed to believe that he wants to break his silence in a little discussion group?? The real Tornado Turner probably works as a realtor somewhere and has long since put his (brief) Stooges career behind him.

Just listen to his last ego-dripping, indignant post."That's it for me.I'm done with this site. I will contact Paul & offer the story to him for a future edition of his book if he wants it. Anyone who was interested can thank the sender above." If he wants to get back at me or prove he was the real deal, he would upload some Stooges era photos of him with the band, or a brief clip of the song he claims to hold. It's hard to believe that he has washed himself entirely of this site and hasn't at least checked to see what the aftermath of his last post was. If he can prove I'm wrong, I will gladly scurry off with my tail between my legs and exit this group for good. Somehow, I don't see him doing that.
Back to top Go down
larry fine

larry fine

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 4:39 am

sizeable bulge wrote:

Oh, come on!! How long was it since he first posted that anyone accused him of being phony? It must have been 2 weeks.

Is it possible that maybe during those two weeks he was otherwise engaged - on vacation, busy at work, not obsessed with a Stooges Message Board?

sizeable bulge wrote:
I think the reason the guy waited so long after he first posted was to see if anyone, maybe someone with a connection to the real Tornado Turner, could definitively prove that he was a fake. When nobody could do that, he came back for a second helping of bs. In my 25 years of following the Stooges I've never seen a quote, let alone an interview, from Tornado Turner. He claims to have been contacted by journalists, yet we're supposed to believe that he wants to break his silence in a little discussion group?? The real Tornado Turner probably works as a realtor somewhere and has long since put his (brief) Stooges career behind him.

You've made a whole lot of assumptions and jumped to a lot of conclusions. You may be 100% correct. Or 100% incorrect. We'll never know because you decided (after posting here less than three dozen times) that you get to decide who is telling the truth and who is lying. Has someone appointed you to a position of power around here. Maybe so and I just missed the announcement.

sizeable bulge wrote:
Just listen to his last ego-dripping, indignant post."That's it for me.I'm done with this site. I will contact Paul & offer the story to him for a future edition of his book if he wants it. Anyone who was interested can thank the sender above."

Where's the ego dripping part? I get the indignant part but, if he is telling the truth, he just got insulted by some know it all piss-ant on a message board and had a right to be indignant. You came roaring in - with your ego pretty revved up - and called him a liar. With nothing to go on but some vague stories of having sussed out the truth on other message boards with other supposed liars. I'd have bailed, too.

sizeable bulge wrote:
If he wants to get back at me or prove he was the real deal, he would upload some Stooges era photos of him with the band, or a brief clip of the song he claims to hold. It's hard to believe that he has washed himself entirely of this site and hasn't at least checked to see what the aftermath of his last post was. If he can prove I'm wrong, I will gladly scurry off with my tail between my legs and exit this group for good. Somehow, I don't see him doing that.

Yeah, he should come back and prove to you that he isn't telling the truth. I'm pretty sure one of you has an inflated ego but I'm not sure we agree on which one of you it is.

For the record, I didn't think it was really Tornado Turner. I would have loved to find out, though. Thanks to you we may never. And as to your little slam at Bill Cheatham and his importance to The Stooges - you don't know what you are talking about and really should just f**k off.
Back to top Go down
zeke

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 3:09 pm

Sizeable Bulge?????????????? Wtf... some sort of fagged out reference too Iggys cock... Now that i find weirder than all the Tornado Turner bumpf...... My guess is this is none other than JLTS... aka Henry Burris... Thought wed lost that freak...
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:19 am

sizeable bilge wrote:
No, I never believed them. I've always exposed them (in due time). And without bragging I have to say my record has been perfect so far.

Wow. Thanks for being here to protect us. God forbid we should be able to make up our own minds, in our own time. Your perfect 100% record of outing the fakes speaks for itself; as does your inability to understand the difference between facts and guesswork, and your general attitude. We really don't deserve you.
Back to top Go down
TeddyB1018

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 5:12 am

"Tornado" didn't take the bait I offered about Kim Fowley, who Warren Klein was close to and who recommended him for the Stooges job. He didn't say anything of interest.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:12 pm

Im going to close this thread. Feel free to start a new one, but please dont start shit on it.

Thanks.

Edit: Please note that some posts have been deleted so this may be why some things do not make much sense.

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner   Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ron Asheton/Tornado Turner
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: