Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Raw Power delux edition questions

Go down 
+2
unheard78
lucifer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lucifer

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Raw Power delux edition questions Empty
PostSubject: Raw Power delux edition questions   Raw Power delux edition questions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 4:43 pm

Hi gang,

I am in Canada and amazon.ca is selling the Raw Power deluxe box :
UK four disc (three CDs + PAL/Region 0 DVD) edition of the classic 1973 album from Iggy Pop and his band of Stooges.

Questions :

1) Are there any diff. between the US, UK , etc editions?

2) this PAL/Region 0 DVD, will it play in my dvd player (not computer but stand alone DVD)?

thanks, I asked the seller twice for this info but no reply Sad

Luc
Back to top Go down
unheard78

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power delux edition questions   Raw Power delux edition questions Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:55 pm

I don't know if there are any differences between the versions but I would assume there aren't. That said, if the DVD is PAL formatted than it may not play in your DVD player, but it would probably play in your computer. Some DVD players will play both PAL and NTSC. You can look into that on sites like videohelp.com where they have lists of DVD players that have interesting features. Hope that helps.

Dave3
Back to top Go down
http://unheard78.blogspot.com
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power delux edition questions   Raw Power delux edition questions Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 3:53 pm

unheard78 wrote:
I don't know if there are any differences between the versions but I would assume there aren't. That said, if the DVD is PAL formatted than it may not play in your DVD player, but it would probably play in your computer. Some DVD players will play both PAL and NTSC. You can look into that on sites like videohelp.com where they have lists of DVD players that have interesting features. Hope that helps.

Dave3

Dave3 is right about the DVD player issue, and you can find PAL+NTSC players pretty cheap online. This one is $50 and is loaded: http://www.amazon.com/PHILIPS-Region-Up-Converting-DVP5990-Remote/dp/B001TLLXCI/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_3 The PAL+NTSC players are also great for all those Euro bootlegs in PAL format!
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
Shakes

Shakes

Number of posts : 483
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power delux edition questions   Raw Power delux edition questions Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:12 pm

lucifer wrote:
Hi gang,

I am in Canada and amazon.ca is selling the Raw Power deluxe box :
UK four disc (three CDs + PAL/Region 0 DVD) edition of the classic 1973 album from Iggy Pop and his band of Stooges.

Questions :

1) Are there any diff. between the US, UK , etc editions?

2) this PAL/Region 0 DVD, will it play in my dvd player (not computer but stand alone DVD)?

thanks, I asked the seller twice for this info but no reply Sad

Luc

search for your dvd player on videohelp.com and see if there is a legal hack to already apply to your player.
Back to top Go down
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power delux edition questions   Raw Power delux edition questions Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:29 pm

If you search on google you can find for almost al brands dvd-players teh way how to make them play dvd's from all regions.
Back to top Go down
Edwin S

Edwin S

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power delux edition questions   Raw Power delux edition questions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 1:44 am

You can get a philips DVD player for $50 that is multi-region. I can't remember the model number, but if anyone wants more info, just post here and I'll dig it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw Power delux edition questions   Raw Power delux edition questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raw Power delux edition questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: