Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vocals On Open Up And Bleed/I Got Nothing?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HelterShelter

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-09-05

Vocals On Open Up And Bleed/I Got Nothing? Empty
PostSubject: Vocals On Open Up And Bleed/I Got Nothing?   Vocals On Open Up And Bleed/I Got Nothing? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:25 pm

Hi, i joined this forum for a few reasons, but the main one is to find an answer to this question thats been bugging me.

On open up and bleed as well as on I got nothing, there is someone who isn't iggy singing parts of it.

Now, on metallic KO, iggy says scot thurston does vocals and piano, however Ron is credited as backup vocals on their studio albums, and I've seen pictures of iggy and james singing at once.

So who is it? If no one knows, lets just assume its scott asheton.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Vocals On Open Up And Bleed/I Got Nothing?   Vocals On Open Up And Bleed/I Got Nothing? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:26 am

Both Ron and James have sung back up vocals. But on Open Up and Bleed, it was always Scotty T.
Back to top Go down
HelterShelter

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Vocals On Open Up And Bleed/I Got Nothing?   Vocals On Open Up And Bleed/I Got Nothing? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:33 am

ah. thank you. just curious, are ron's vocals audible on any of their albums? I've never really heard a non-iggy voice on the studio albums.
Back to top Go down
weed_killer

weed_killer

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Vocals On Open Up And Bleed/I Got Nothing?   Vocals On Open Up And Bleed/I Got Nothing? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:40 am

If you listen to the rough mixes of Raw Power, you can hear Ron's backing vocals clearly (particularly on the title track). They're also present in the original Bowie mix, but very faint.
Back to top Go down
IGGYDANZIG

IGGYDANZIG

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Vocals On Open Up And Bleed/I Got Nothing?   Vocals On Open Up And Bleed/I Got Nothing? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:50 am

On year of the Iguana Bomp CD they credit Ron Asheton as backing Vocals and Open up and Bleed is on that comp.They just credit Scott Thurston as Piano and Bass.Natalie would no more just giving Bomps liner notes.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Vocals On Open Up And Bleed/I Got Nothing?   Vocals On Open Up And Bleed/I Got Nothing? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 7:46 am

Yes, Natalie knows because she heard it so many times, live and in person back when we all were young. Must stop talking about myself in the third person!

Reading liner notes on boots and other releases sometimes gives me a fit of the giggles. But then again, sometimes they get it right.
Back to top Go down
IGGYDANZIG

IGGYDANZIG

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Vocals On Open Up And Bleed/I Got Nothing?   Vocals On Open Up And Bleed/I Got Nothing? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am

I figured Nat you were there they were not!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vocals On Open Up And Bleed/I Got Nothing?   Vocals On Open Up And Bleed/I Got Nothing? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:54 am

weed_killer wrote:
If you listen to the rough mixes of Raw Power, you can hear Ron's backing vocals clearly (particularly on the title track). They're also present in the original Bowie mix, but very faint.

In the new RP - doc Iggy says "that's all me by the way" (you mean that ooooooooohh-s , right? )

Not sure about the weird "baby" noises on Penetration though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vocals On Open Up And Bleed/I Got Nothing?   Vocals On Open Up And Bleed/I Got Nothing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vocals On Open Up And Bleed/I Got Nothing?
Page 1 of 1