Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

stooges documentary / work in progress

Go down 
+2
23rd Express
francois
6 posters
AuthorMessage
francois

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-18

stooges documentary / work in progress Empty
PostSubject: stooges documentary / work in progress   stooges documentary / work in progress Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:17 pm

Hi

a french movie director who is working on a documentary about the stooges would like to get some informations about the following videos, like place, year, line up, etc... and he would like also to be able to contact people who are supposed to have film those old live movies or who own the copyright of them. If someone have some information about it, thanks to get me informed.

François.
(sorry if my english is not perfect, french schools are not the best for learning foreigner language...)

Back to top Go down
23rd Express

23rd Express

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: stooges documentary / work in progress   stooges documentary / work in progress Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:51 pm

The best thing he should do is contact VPRO in Utrecht who did a doco on the Stooges and Pop in 1986. They may well have the copyright details on that 1969 footage in b&w because its on their video. Other people may know who own that colour footage from Chicago. Jimmy Silver perhaps? I think that footage has been discussed before on this forum. As indeed the 'Hey Peter' item.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: stooges documentary / work in progress   stooges documentary / work in progress Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 11:41 pm

1st vid is from Raw Power deluxe set with DVD.

2nd vid is from the Documentary Mayor of Sunset Strip, shot at Rodneys English Disco - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0230512/

'69 B&W stuff is Leni Sinclair's I think.

the Bottom vid is Daniels Den 1970 by Elmar Paeva Jr.

You might also want to contact Cary Loren for his 1973 footage from the Ford Auditorium show and Ivan Kral who filmed at Acadamy of Music New Years Eve 1973.

Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: stooges documentary / work in progress   stooges documentary / work in progress Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:31 am

cary loren shot the ford auditorium show?
i know there's a few seconds of stooges(iggy)footage in a d.a.m.film but i never knew he shot it.
is there more available???

he did this mc5 kick out the jams dvd with leni sinclair and they were supposed to do more with footage of other bands
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: stooges documentary / work in progress   stooges documentary / work in progress Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 12:58 am

neven wrote:
cary loren shot the ford auditorium show?
i know there's a few seconds of stooges(iggy)footage in a d.a.m.film but i never knew he shot it.
is there more available???

he did this mc5 kick out the jams dvd with leni sinclair and they were supposed to do more with footage of other bands

I think unfortunately what's in Grow Live Monsters is all there is. Well that's all Cary told me there was, but he wasn't being that communicative.
Back to top Go down
Mr. FunBoy

Mr. FunBoy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: stooges documentary / work in progress   stooges documentary / work in progress Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:42 am

Lets Get Them All !!!!!! Razz

Does anyone know how long the Ford Auditorium show is ?

they said a few seconds

Back to top Go down
http://HeavyLiquidVideos.yola.com
stooges

stooges

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2009-05-16

PostSubject: Re: stooges documentary / work in progress   stooges documentary / work in progress Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 3:27 pm

Ivan Kral I wrote an email about an academy of music and if I remember correctly, there is the whole show on video .... he said he would calmly uploaded to the Internet but can not

(a copy of the email I gave to chat)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stooges documentary / work in progress   stooges documentary / work in progress Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stooges documentary / work in progress
Page 1 of 1