Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Questions About Ron

Go down 
+13
Detoilet
teisco delray
mc
Hectorlovesthestooges
sheddy
jared
G, F#, E
boogie
sizeable bulge
Luzern
popmansam
krugersoldier
StoogesForever69
17 posters
AuthorMessage
StoogesForever69

StoogesForever69

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Questions About Ron Empty
PostSubject: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:35 am

I've been wondering. what type are these sunglasses Ron wore? (mostly i might add ^^)

Questions About Ron Dfieldsashetonstoogesb

Questions About Ron Ronnie2zg5

Questions About Ron La1c8e756f2e242a685b018

And what type of glasses (regular) are these?

Questions About Ron L98ea4150cce649f09b7ea2
(And what type of Leather Jacket is this)

Questions About Ron Ashetonchairvert

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks =)

(Another one, what type of cigarettes did he smoke?)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 12:20 pm

Hi, I'm pretty sure he wore Ray Ban Aviator, at least in later years but the
shape of his sunglasses in the early photos also look like them.

Questions About Ron Ray-Ban%20Aviator%20Large%20Metal%20RB%203025%2000157_a

..oh and what kind of toilet paper did Ron use? => Natalie?
Back to top Go down
krugersoldier

krugersoldier

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 12:33 pm

Cigarettes - Lucky Strikes (New order 1975)
Back to top Go down
StoogesForever69

StoogesForever69

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:16 pm

Thanks for the answers but i've been wanting to know what type of these 2 glasses are
i forgot

Questions About Ron Ashetonchairvert

Back to top Go down
popmansam

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 9:45 pm

Look like old school Baush and Lomb frames to me.
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 3:18 am

The black leather jacket looks like a German WWII era flight jacket. We know that Ron collected WWII era German militaria, so maybe it's an original. Of course it could also be a repro in the style of the old flight jackets. German pilots in WWII often wore "private purchase" flight jackets that were not state-issued but produced by private tailors. While generally following the official guidelines the privately produced jackets often differed in details like number of breast pockets and types of zippers and snaps. Repros of those jackets are still being produced. One example can be found here: http://www.historypreservation.com/hpassociates/images/luft_mont.jpg
Back to top Go down
sizeable bulge

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:34 am

Next thing somebody's gonna ask what brand of toupee Ron wore.
Back to top Go down
boogie

boogie

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:31 pm

Cool jackets!Could be useful for my eugenics studies.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:11 pm

sizeable bulge wrote:
Next thing somebody's gonna ask what brand of toupee Ron wore.

It was a Wiggy Pop brown side-part #37.
Back to top Go down
jared

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:14 am

StoogesForever69 wrote:

What about the pants?
Back to top Go down
sheddy

sheddy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:18 am

jared wrote:
StoogesForever69 wrote:

What about the pants?

Weren't they Iggy's?
Questions About Ron Iggy_pop
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:36 pm

Ron's wearing the same pants in the second pic, so they both had one
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:43 pm

They look quite like a rug I have, didn't the MC5 girlfriends make these for Ron and Ig? They probably just cut up a curtain or something.
Back to top Go down
teisco delray

teisco delray

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 11:48 pm

leather jacket looks to me like a classic racer style motorcycle jacket like this

the glasses are traditional style frames that go back to the 50s. as mentioned Baush and Lomb made glasses like this, and Ray Ban still does (who were owned by B&L until about 10 years ago).
alternately there are a lot of companies remaking these vintage styles (i.e. Sol Moscot in NYC)
http://www.moscot.com/vintage-eyewear.html[/url]
also pretty easy to find vintage frames like those at any flea market.
Back to top Go down
Detoilet

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 6:12 pm

The yellow tinted lenses are (were) generally intended for competitive and tactic marksmen.
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 6:16 am

I am just getting back to this thread.

I have a few comments. First, Ron was a collector of WWII. He collected genuine items, never copies.

The guys shared clothes. Those printed pants were worn by Iggy and Ron. Iggy and Ron shared the headhunter shirt, the Go kart tee shirt and the first pair of ripped jeans Iggy wore were jeans discarded by Ron because they were ripped. iggy decided they still had life left and dug them out of Ron's trash. The sleeveless tee shirt with the "leaf" on it was wprn by several members of the band and their roadies. One of the first times I saw the Stooges live, Iggy wore the Go Kart tee shirt. it was one of the few times I saw him perform in a shirt and white pants.

This is just an educated guess on my part but I think the person who wore the item of clothes most was the one who "owned" it.
Back to top Go down
Monger

Monger

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 7:44 am

if you look at the pic of iggy wearing those loud printed pants...it looks like Ron in the background has the same pair on...imagine if they all wore them,like a stage uniform! lol
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Dancing Stooge Queen
Natalie

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 2:05 pm

I forgot to mention in my post that the first photo in this thread pf Ron and Damny is my copyright. It was taken at Max's and Scotty Thurston is sitting on the other side . Danny must have cut him off when he used the photo to write about Ron after he passed.
Back to top Go down
Hectorlovesthestooges

Hectorlovesthestooges

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 2:13 pm

Questions About Ron Wefiwe10

Here's Iggy with the go-kart T-shirt and the white pants...did you take this pic Natalie???
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 4:24 pm

Natalie wrote:
I have a few comments. First, Ron was a collector of WWII. He collected genuine items, never copies.

You write about his "Nazi collection" in the Popped-newsletters and Ron repeatedly mentioned his collection in interviews. He also provides some details in the "Escaped Maniacs"-DVD-interview and says that his fascination with WWII-era German militaria started when he was a kid. He says it was something that he bonded over with his father. He must have had a huge collection. Was it considered an odd thing at the time? Did you get a look at his collection?

Btw for anyone interested in Ron's 2003–2008 look, the camouflage jacket that he usually wore onstage is a "BDU Field Jacket with Woodland camouflage pattern".
Back to top Go down
Petrie Terrace
"Flame On!"
Petrie Terrace

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 8:32 pm

Excerpt from a lengthy Ron interview about New Order, circa 1989..

"Also, that was basically the end of the New Order. At that time the backer had a golden opportunity to go to Germany with his parents, a tour of Europe. People stole away in the night. Jimmy Recca didn't tell us he was married, his lady split. Dennis Thompson split. Basically I was left holding the bag. I waited for the backer to show up. When he did return, I knew that I had to go back to Michigan and think things over. What happened then is he basically ripped me off for for 80% of everything I owed*, all my records, all my clothes, all my books, all my $50000.00, 1975-time, of Nazi items. It would be worth a hell of a lot more now."

*I'm guessing "owed" is a typo, and it should be "owned".
Back to top Go down
dtklamf

dtklamf

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2007-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 8:45 pm

I think that camouflage jacket Ron wore from 2003–2008, was given to him by Deniz Tek it was his.

Nigel.
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 11:20 pm

dtklamf wrote:
I think that camouflage jacket Ron wore from 2003–2008, was given to him by Deniz Tek it was his.

Nigel.

Yes, exactly! That story is online somewhere, but I can't remember where.

Petrie Terrace wrote:
Excerpt from a lengthy Ron interview about New Order, circa 1989..

"Also, that was basically the end of the New Order. At that time the backer had a golden opportunity to go to Germany with his parents, a tour of Europe. People stole away in the night. Jimmy Recca didn't tell us he was married, his lady split. Dennis Thompson split. Basically I was left holding the bag. I waited for the backer to show up. When he did return, I knew that I had to go back to Michigan and think things over. What happened then is he basically ripped me off for for 80% of everything I owed*, all my records, all my clothes, all my books, all my $50000.00, 1975-time, of Nazi items. It would be worth a hell of a lot more now."

*I'm guessing "owed" is a typo, and it should be "owned".

Thank you! I did not know that.
Back to top Go down
G, F#, E
Real O Mind
G, F#, E

Number of posts : 2307
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:43 pm

sheddy wrote:
jared wrote:
StoogesForever69 wrote:

What about the pants?

Weren't they Iggy's?
Questions About Ron Iggy_pop

If I remember right some of the MC5's girlfriends made a pair for Ron, Iggy really wanted them so they made him a pair too. One of the few times where Ig and Ron didn't need to share their clothes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions About Ron   Questions About Ron Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions About Ron
Page 1 of 1