Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is it true?

Go down 
+3
Borntohula
heavy liquid
sickness
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sickness

sickness

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2007-08-13

Is it true? Empty
PostSubject: Is it true?   Is it true? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 7:23 pm

Is this the last year of The Stooges? Neutral
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Is it true? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it true?   Is it true? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 8:01 pm

Who said that?!?!

I think they are just taking 6 months off in September, then they will start touring again. They need a break.

sickness

Is it true? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it true?   Is it true? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 8:04 pm

well, a friend of mine was talking about they will stop playing this year... and about a new cd coming soon? is it true or not? :S
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320

Is it true? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it true?   Is it true? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 8:07 pm

They just released a record and I dont think they've had enough time to record another one, being on the road and all. Unless thats why they are taking 6 months off for. Unsure

I don't know if they will stop playing this year. I hope not. Sad

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

Is it true? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it true?   Is it true? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 7:37 pm

They gonna get some 6 month off for rest and writing. I figure that Iggy gonna do his girlfriend and the brothers gonna write music.
A 6month worth of music and a Iggy full of energy. It'll be a blast till it really ends Smile
Back to top Go down
sickness

sickness

Is it true? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it true?   Is it true? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 8:12 pm

Cool. Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
culturanta

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Is it true? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it true?   Is it true? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 3:09 am

Not to sound all doom and gloom but I'm just thrilled they can all stand up on the same stage, let alone play their instruments.

Seriously, with all that Mr. Osterberg has been through over the years, there's no reason why he should even be alive.

The fact that he is, in fact, still among us, makes me have some faith that sometimes the good guys win after all.

(sniff)

Cult
Back to top Go down
gabs

gabs

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Is it true? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it true?   Is it true? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 2:17 pm

The Colonel Galaxy says that the next producer of the Stooges will Jack White!
S**t, it is the worst thing i could hear...
Years ago Iggy said that "Phony R'n'R is a crime!"
Yeah, this is the scene of the crime!!!!
Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnnythunders.org
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719

Is it true? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it true?   Is it true? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 4:14 pm

gabs wrote:
Crying or Very sad

Gabs, what the hell are you talking about?! Jack White has turned into an amazing producer. Do you have any of his stuff?

Sympathetic Sounds of Detroit - a compilation of local Detroit bands like the Detroit Cobras, Von Bondies, Dirtbombs, etc...

Loretta Lynn, Van Lear Rose: inarguably her greatest album in more than 30 years

...or even any of his work with the Greenhorns, the Von Bondies, or numerous other Detroit bands. Let alone his White Stripes stuff (especially the early stuff). Considering that he loves the Stooges and Iggy loves Jack (MOJO mag cover with Jack carrying Ig), I think that would be a perfect equation!

If the White Stripes is Phony Rock 'N' Roll, then The Stooges must be a bad joke.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
sheddy

sheddy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Is it true? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it true?   Is it true? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 8:20 pm

Regardless of who produces it, more Stooges tracks means more tours, more interviews, more exposure.
Can't be bad, surely?
Back to top Go down
gabs

gabs

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Is it true? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it true?   Is it true? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 1:34 am

mg196 wrote:
gabs wrote:
Crying or Very sad

Gabs, what the hell are you talking about?! Jack White has turned into an amazing producer. Do you have any of his stuff?

Sympathetic Sounds of Detroit - a compilation of local Detroit bands like the Detroit Cobras, Von Bondies, Dirtbombs, etc...

Loretta Lynn, Van Lear Rose: inarguably her greatest album in more than 30 years

...or even any of his work with the Greenhorns, the Von Bondies, or numerous other Detroit bands. Let alone his White Stripes stuff (especially the early stuff). Considering that he loves the Stooges and Iggy loves Jack (MOJO mag cover with Jack carrying Ig), I think that would be a perfect equation!

If the White Stripes is Phony Rock 'N' Roll, then The Stooges must be a bad joke.

Yeah, i know White Stripes and i like it, but this isn't the problem. The Stooges are the Stooges! I'm an old fan of the Stooges, and Iggy (with Johnny Thunders) was the hero of my youth. For Jack White i've the utmost respect, but, as Steve Albini, i think that he's not good for Stooges. Not the Stooges that I think... certainly not the Stooges of weirdness, the only disc of Iggy i refused to buy....but this is another fact! Of course i know the music scene today....i love the groups of the -in the red records. I say that Iggy still looking for a producer called John Cale.... In any case the best discs of Iggy was produced by Cale, Don Gallucci, Bowie, James Williamson.... Sorry, but these producers are not Jack White!
A question for you: are you sure that Ron Asheton is happy to have Jack White as producer?
Jack White is for you a perfect equation?
The Stooges are (were) the Stooges!
Sorry but for me now it's only -phony r'n'r
Cheers.
Gabs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.johnnythunders.org
Sponsored content

Is it true? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it true?   Is it true? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it true?
Page 1 of 1