Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
andy70

andy70

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-08-19

heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet Empty
PostSubject: heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet   heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 10:11 pm

Hi all,

I'm sorry to bother you, but I've got a little problem. I purchased online (from amazon) a copy of "Heavy Liquid". I received it and I have to say it's a great item. But... the copy I was sent (which was factory sealed, anyway) seems to be missing one of the two booklets that was supposed to include.
Inside I only found the booklet with the liner notes, but no Iggy photobook.
I wanted to ask you what do you think about it... I donm't know: maybe it's mistake in packaging; or a reissue without the second booklet... or what?
Thank you for reading and I apologize for my clumsy english.

a.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blackmilkmag.com
Pop Stüge

Pop Stüge

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet   heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 11:05 pm

andy70 wrote:
Hi all,

I'm sorry to bother you, but I've got a little problem. I purchased online (from amazon) a copy of "Heavy Liquid". I received it and I have to say it's a great item. But... the copy I was sent (which was factory sealed, anyway) seems to be missing one of the two booklets that was supposed to include.
Inside I only found the booklet with the liner notes, but no Iggy photobook.
I wanted to ask you what do you think about it... I donm't know: maybe it's mistake in packaging; or a reissue without the second booklet... or what?
Thank you for reading and I apologize for my clumsy english.

a.
a.,
All I can say is the picture book appears to only be pictures taken by Mick Rock. If you have his Raw Power picture book, you have bigger and better reproductions of his photos. The other booklet is indispensable though and I'm glad they sent it to you.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet   heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 11:32 pm

I'm with Stüge...the extra photo book is nice, but it's filler. In my box, I actually received TWO stickers! It may be worth your while to write back to the seller (not Amazon) and ask if they have booklets. If not, try Easy Action...they may have some for a few bucks a piece.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
andy70

andy70

PostSubject: Re: heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet   heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 11:49 pm

Thanx a lot for your answers. I actually own the Mick Rock book; anyway I tried writing Easy action. Maybe they still have a spare copy of the missing booklet to sell me (you know, even if it's filler, the collector in me still would love to get the complete package).

Take care

a.
Back to top Go down
buk72

buk72

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-12-11

PostSubject: Re: heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet   heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 7:21 am

I too have just ordered a sealed copy off ebay from a seller in the U.K. I will be disappointed if the Iggy photobook is missing. Anyway, it's a great time to be getting into the Stooges! I have been diggin the Funhouse Sessions reissue and have besides Heavy Liquid on order- Ugano's, Raw Power deluxe, and Rhino's handmade Stooges debut all on their way to my home. I'm delving deep into the Stooges and lovin' every note of it!
Back to top Go down
andy70

andy70

PostSubject: Re: heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet   heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 8:58 pm

Buk72, I wrote Easy Action and they were really kind and fast in answering. They told me that the two booklets were only in the first batch of copies, then later they put just one in the packaging. So if you're lucky, your copy is one of the early ones...

Rock on!

a.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet   heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 11:09 pm

i bought another copy this year from EA and it had both booklets
Back to top Go down
buk72

buk72

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-12-11

PostSubject: Re: heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet   heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:52 am

andy70 wrote:
Buk72, I wrote Easy Action and they were really kind and fast in answering. They told me that the two booklets were only in the first batch of copies, then later they put just one in the packaging. So if you're lucky, your copy is one of the early ones...

Rock on!

a.

Well, here's hoping I got one from the first batches! Did you inquire if they had any of the photobooklets for sale- just in case I don't recieve one with my copy? Also did they mention how many copies were in the first run?
Back to top Go down
andy70

andy70

PostSubject: Re: heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet   heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Well, I don't know... here is the answer Easy Action gave me:

Quote :
"We were only allowed to put the Mick Rock booklet in the first batch of Heavy Liquid's. We repressed it up earlier this year and had to make them without 2 booklets in".

Apparently the don't have any photo bbooklets for sale, as they also wrote me:

Quote :
"we did give loads to mick himself so ill ask if hes got any spares".

Take care
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet   heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

heavy liquid box set question - missing booklet
Page 1 of 1