Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alex Kirst killed in hit and run accident

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MACHINEGUNTHOMPSON

MACHINEGUNTHOMPSON

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Alex Kirst  killed in hit and run accident Empty
PostSubject: Alex Kirst killed in hit and run accident   Alex Kirst  killed in hit and run accident Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 12:26 am

Back to top Go down
http://machinegunthompson.com
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-03-08

Alex Kirst  killed in hit and run accident Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex Kirst killed in hit and run accident   Alex Kirst  killed in hit and run accident Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Iggy's comments from Sony site:

Iggy Pop On The Passing Of Alex Kirst
"I heard about what happened to Alex almost immediately after the fact from his brother Whitey who played guitar alongside Alex in The Trolls, my band from 1998 to 2003. I felt terrible and although it won't bring him back I really hope they find the person who hit him and ran.
Alex deserves a lot of recognition for his contributions to the arts. He was a drummer with a thunderous left hand but he was so much more than that in the arts scene around Los Angeles. He was a member of a very interesting indie band called the Nymphs and he'd had a very solid career as a set designer in major studio films and TV for some years. His son Lucius danced his debut this week with the American ballet theatre in New York and I wish Alex had been around for that he had a lot to do with it. The Kirsts are a unique and artistic family and I know they will all miss him, as I do.
Alex was a very, very nice and good person he helped a lot of people, including me.”

Iggy Pop

Back to top Go down

Alex Kirst killed in hit and run accident
Page 1 of 1