Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bowie, Iggy, Underground on New Soundtrack to "Control&

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

Bowie, Iggy, Underground on New Soundtrack to "Control& Empty
PostSubject: Bowie, Iggy, Underground on New Soundtrack to "Control&   Bowie, Iggy, Underground on New Soundtrack to "Control& Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 9:10 pm

Dotmusic - Tuesday, August 28 06:53 pm

David Bowie, Iggy Pop and The Velvet Underground all feature on the soundtrack to "Control", the new film about Joy Division singer Ian Curtis, it has been confirmed. Three new New Order instrumentals also appear on the album, having been specially written and recorded for the movie. Entitled "Exit", "Hypnosis" and "Get Out", the fresh material comes despite the band being at loggerheads in recent months about their future. Elsewhere on the soundtrack is The Killers' cover of Joy Division's "Shadowplay", plus music from Sex Pistols, Roxy Music, Buzzcocks and Kraftwerk. The tracklisting is as follows: New Order "Exit" The Velvet Underground "What Goes On" The Killers "Shadowplay" Buzzcocks "Boredom" (live) Joy Division "Dead Souls" Supersister "She Was Naked" Iggy Pop "Sister Midnight" Joy Division "Love Will Tear Us Apart" Sex Pistols "Problems" (live) New Order "Hypnosis" David Bowie "Drive-In Saturday" John Cooper Clarke "Evidently Chickentown" Roxy Music "2HB" Joy Division "Transmission" (cast version) Kraftwerk "Autobahn" Joy Division "Atmosphere" David Bowie "Warszawa" New Order "Get Out" "Control", the soundtrack, is released on October 1, four days before the release of the film to cinemas.

Last edited by on Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
iggy-fan
I Got A Right
iggy-fan

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Bowie, Iggy, Underground on New Soundtrack to "Control&   Bowie, Iggy, Underground on New Soundtrack to "Control& Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 9:20 pm

Rode Hard wrote:
Dotmusic - Tuesday, August 28 06:53 pm

David Bowie, Iggy Pop and The Velvet Underground all feature on the soundtrack to "Control", the new film about Joy Division singer Ian Curtis, it has been confirmed. Three new New Order instrumentals also appear on the album, having been specially written and recorded for the movie. Entitled "Exit", "Hypnosis" and "Get Out", the fresh material comes despite the band being at loggerheads in recent months about their future. Elsewhere on the soundtrack is The Killers' cover of Joy Division's "Shadowplay", plus music from Sex Pistols, Roxy Music, Buzzcocks and Kraftwerk. The tracklisting is as follows: New Order "Exit" The Velvet Underground "What Goes On" The Killers "Shadowplay" Buzzcocks "Boredom" (live) Joy Division "Dead Souls" Supersister "She Was Naked" Iggy Pop "Sister Midnight" Joy Division "Love Will Tear Us Apart" Sex Pistols "Problems" (live) New Order "Hypnosis" David Bowie "Drive-In Saturday" John Cooper Clarke "Evidently Chickentown" Roxy Music "2HB" Joy Division "Transmission" (cast version) Kraftwerk "Autobahn" Joy Division "Atmosphere" David Bowie "Warszawa" New Order "Get Out" "Control", the soundtrack, is released on October 1, four days before the release of the film to cinemas.

It has been more interesting with Iggy doing a Joy Division Track.
Back to top Go down
http://goto.glocalnet.net/iggy-fanpage/
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Bowie, Iggy, Underground on New Soundtrack to "Control&   Bowie, Iggy, Underground on New Soundtrack to "Control& Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 9:36 pm

Wow, Joy Division ?
Back to top Go down
Colin Chaos

Colin Chaos

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Bowie, Iggy, Underground on New Soundtrack to "Control&   Bowie, Iggy, Underground on New Soundtrack to "Control& Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 10:34 pm

I posted this info in my Joy Division topic but I assume no one read it!!!
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Bowie, Iggy, Underground on New Soundtrack to "Control&   Bowie, Iggy, Underground on New Soundtrack to "Control& Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 10:48 pm

Oh sorry Colin! I thought I read thru everything before I put this up but I guess I missed your post. There's too many sections to this board anyway. And nobody puts anything on the right forum either. If you don't hang here 20 X 7 you're bound to miss something. One thousand pardons, Sir.
Back to top Go down
Colin Chaos

Colin Chaos

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Bowie, Iggy, Underground on New Soundtrack to "Control&   Bowie, Iggy, Underground on New Soundtrack to "Control& Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 10:25 am

Not a problem and no need for apologies...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bowie, Iggy, Underground on New Soundtrack to "Control&   Bowie, Iggy, Underground on New Soundtrack to "Control& Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bowie, Iggy, Underground on New Soundtrack to "Control&
Page 1 of 1