Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interview with James and Iggy from Australia

Go down 
+2
adams66
studioguy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

Interview with James and Iggy from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Interview with James and Iggy from Australia   Interview with James and Iggy from Australia Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:37 pm

Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Interview with James and Iggy from Australia   Interview with James and Iggy from Australia Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:23 pm

Good interview. Thanks for posting.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
nick

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Interview with James and Iggy from Australia   Interview with James and Iggy from Australia Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:36 am

i saw true grit in the cinema's today, and the guy in front of me was reading this article.
it had a different picture, one of just iggy without his shirt on. And the headline just read "Iggy pop reunites with axeman".
Back to top Go down
nick

PostSubject: Re: Interview with James and Iggy from Australia   Interview with James and Iggy from Australia Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 am

now that i've read it, that was a pretty poorly written article.
Back to top Go down
KarlR

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Interview with James and Iggy from Australia   Interview with James and Iggy from Australia Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:27 am

It does read like a typically clueless journalist has got all their info from various other articles on the web. All the major press here in Australia is like that, but this article reads a bit better, even though there's nothing new in it:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/iggy-pop-powers-up-20110120-19x6h.html

They did get the part about Ron only visiting Australia once wrong. He toured with both New Race & Dark Carnival over the years, as well as the Stooges in '96.

There was another ordinary feature on Iggy the other weekend in the Sydney Morning Herald that I can't find online. Unfortunately the writer (the supposed music authority for that particular newspaper) continually betrays himself as clueless so it's no great loss. It's just a shame when the Stooges get a feature article (this was in the arts section), they can't find someone with half an idea to do the writing. I'm still amazed that the Stooges even make it into the mainstream press these days. Who would've thought it...
Back to top Go down
nick

PostSubject: Re: Interview with James and Iggy from Australia   Interview with James and Iggy from Australia Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:58 am

I think mainly so they can show a freaky picture of iggy's deteriorating torso.
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Interview with James and Iggy from Australia   Interview with James and Iggy from Australia Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:45 pm

I was wondering if there was any tv or radio footage from recent australian shows?
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Interview with James and Iggy from Australia   Interview with James and Iggy from Australia Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:30 pm

neven wrote:
I was wondering if there was any tv or radio footage from recent australian shows?

All Big Day Out shows are filmed for Channel V, but I dont know if the pro shots for the Stooges will show up at youtube seeing the BDO doesnt add them to the youtube site, but they do play the pro shots on the TV.

PostSubject: Re: Interview with James and Iggy from Australia   Interview with James and Iggy from Australia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interview with James and Iggy from Australia
Page 1 of 1