Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iggy Pop Slams Canada's Seal Slaughter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Iggy Pop Slams Canada's Seal Slaughter Empty
PostSubject: Iggy Pop Slams Canada's Seal Slaughter   Iggy Pop Slams Canada's Seal Slaughter Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:25 pm

Mr. FunBoy

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop Slams Canada's Seal Slaughter   Iggy Pop Slams Canada's Seal Slaughter Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 8:13 am

I donated to the Ron Asheton Foundation. Will that help the seals too?
Back to top Go down
http://HeavyLiquidVideos.yola.com
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop Slams Canada's Seal Slaughter   Iggy Pop Slams Canada's Seal Slaughter Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 10:16 am

Could be, the Foundation website says - 'Our Goals - The Animal World - ... Provide financial aid for animal causes that come to our attention wherever in the world they occur...'
Good to have donated. Me too. I was surprised to see Iggy speak out about animal welfare, or anything, to be honest, but it's very good news.

Back to top Go down
Stranger09

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop Slams Canada's Seal Slaughter   Iggy Pop Slams Canada's Seal Slaughter Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:35 am

This reminded me of a Donovan song, Celia of the Seals, a very melodic standout from the album HMS Donovan.

While it speaks on exactly the same subject, with similar outrage, I'm not sure it would be Iggy's thing.

Sorry to reduce such a genuine and heartfelt plea to 'songwriting material', but I did wonder if such concerns might affect Iggy's writing. It's not as if he's never been outspoken before.

All that aside, I was interested to watch this, unfortunately needs must right now (lowest wages ever in my entire life) so I cannot help sadly, but a worthy cause nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop Slams Canada's Seal Slaughter   Iggy Pop Slams Canada's Seal Slaughter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iggy Pop Slams Canada's Seal Slaughter
Page 1 of 1