Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stooges in Ugly Things

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rokyforever

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Stooges in Ugly Things Empty
PostSubject: Stooges in Ugly Things   Stooges in Ugly Things Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:35 pm

The new issue of Ugly Things has two Stooges related articles. The first is a history of the Coba Seas with qoutes from James and other members of the group. I especially liked the comment from one of the former members who says he kept looking at the credits of every record he saw for many years, just to find out if JW would be involved. James was so impressive to these other guys even way back in 1966 that they just knew he would become a hotshot guitarist somwhere. But they never knew what happend, never heard about the Stooges. Crazy.
The other Stooges article is an interview with Robert Matheu.

This is one of my favourite mags, and I recommend it to all.
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in Ugly Things   Stooges in Ugly Things Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 3:44 am

There's a slight error that we believe was inadvertent: the 1970 photo of Iggy on Page 101 was taken by Kurt Ingham, not Robert Matheu.
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in Ugly Things   Stooges in Ugly Things Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 5:26 pm

Perdu wrote:
There's a slight error that we believe was inadvertent: the 1970 photo of Iggy on Page 101 was taken by Kurt Ingham, not Robert Matheu.

Is it one of the one's that appeared in Entertainment World? Colour or B/W?

Hopefully one day we'll get to see all of Kurt's Fillmore outtakes Smile
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in Ugly Things   Stooges in Ugly Things Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 2:51 am

Circus Magazine stole a great many of his color transparencies of Jim Morrison, etc., but he still has a few color ones of the 1970 Fillmore Stooges. All of his photos that appeared i Entertainment World were what they were printed as, color cover, black and white shots for the feature. And we're working on eventual display...
Back to top Go down
mc

mc

Number of posts : 1786
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in Ugly Things   Stooges in Ugly Things Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 2:10 pm

Perdu wrote:
And we're working on eventual display...

That'll be great to see!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stooges in Ugly Things   Stooges in Ugly Things Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stooges in Ugly Things
Page 1 of 1