Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iggy Max's Kansas City Gig

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Iggy Max's Kansas City Gig Empty
PostSubject: Iggy Max's Kansas City Gig   Iggy Max's Kansas City Gig Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 6:02 am

this may seem like a stupid question but, is there a recording of when iggy cuts his chest open at Max's Kansas City..... i mean like the moment when he falls and acctually does it, is it recorded?
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Max's Kansas City Gig   Iggy Max's Kansas City Gig Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 8:51 am

you mean english disco where he cut himself up with karving knife ?? if so, than no... unfortunetly not.
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Max's Kansas City Gig   Iggy Max's Kansas City Gig Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 10:02 am

As far as I know, only two shows from that summer 1973 engagement at Max's were recorded, both from the audience. Both are rough, sonic quality wise, but both, especially the 6th August show are amazing performances. The 30th July gig is available on the Heavy Liquid box set.
On the next night, 31st July, Iggy fell, some people say deliberately, onto a table full of glasses which shattered and badly cut his chest. He somehow finished the set despite bleeding heavily. After the show Alice Cooper insisted that Iggy should get medical help and for once Iggy agreed. Stitched up, he also took the ER doctor's advice to postpone the next couple of shows until a week later (6th / 7th August).
The Rodney's English Disco fiasco with the carving knife is not recorded and took place without the Stooges in 1974.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Max's Kansas City Gig   Iggy Max's Kansas City Gig Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2007 6:59 pm

alright yeah its the Max's one...... i was thinking it was one of the two recorded both from the audience. i have both shows and i didnt know if it was on one of them. thanks man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Max's Kansas City Gig   Iggy Max's Kansas City Gig Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iggy Max's Kansas City Gig
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Gimme Danger.-
Jump to: