Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Le Castellet 11 may setlist

Go down 
+6
Lucas
loranpop
imastooge69
adams66
Perdu
fabrice
10 posters
AuthorMessage
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

Le Castellet 11 may setlist Empty
PostSubject: Le Castellet 11 may setlist   Le Castellet 11 may setlist Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 2:07 pm

so here's the news , the set list pretty much in order :

raw power
search
g. danger
pretty face
shake a.
fun house
night theme
c. in my pocket
got a right
dog
no fun

encore

penetration
death trip
open up into noise

BAND / Iggy, James,Steve,Mike, Mr mullins on drums
I really thought Scott would show up when they brought an IGGY AND THE STOOGES drum kit on stage !

so " nothing new " you say ? first, it was a strong show, nice wide open air sound , good mix , great vocals and guitar.
I get to think they don't try something too adventurous songwise on 1st dates...will see how the tour goes but this one was really a raw power tour gig ! even all kill city songs were dropped but night theme ( ? )

anyway there were excellent moments : raw power , face ( a fave not always played ) , funhouse and noise into night theme , dog , no fun tagged along ( was probably scheduled for the encore ) and the super nasty encore :

penetration was done with weird trippy echo on iggy's vocals making it sound like an alternate mix ! can't tell if it was on purpose but was really ghosty + the best way to play open up , which is to end up with chaos !

great drumming from mullins all the way by the way

cheers !
Back to top Go down
fabrice

PostSubject: Re: Le Castellet 11 may setlist   Le Castellet 11 may setlist Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 4:13 pm

and I need somebody was probably played after shake appeal !
Back to top Go down
Perdu

Perdu

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Le Castellet 11 may setlist   Le Castellet 11 may setlist Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 7:45 pm

oh boy fabrice, thanks for the report!
Back to top Go down
fabrice

PostSubject: Re: Le Castellet 11 may setlist   Le Castellet 11 may setlist Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:27 pm

sure !
Back to top Go down
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Le Castellet 11 may setlist   Le Castellet 11 may setlist Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 10:54 pm

A good solid set, and great to hear that they were playing really good (as always!) but we could really do with a few new tracks in there to avoid the show becoming stale over the summer. I wonder why they don't play more Kill City songs? And what about tracks like "I'm Sick Of You" or "Scene Of The Crime" and I bet Watt could really rock with "Head On".
Anyway - thanks for the great report of what sounds like a top gig.
Cheers,
R
Back to top Go down
imastooge69

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2011-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Le Castellet 11 may setlist   Le Castellet 11 may setlist Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:09 am

honestly, I know it's bad (by Stooges standards), but maybe one or two songs from 'The Weirdness' would be nice, maybe the title track, which always confused me to why they never played it live, and maybe they could bring back ATM or get Passing Cloud onto the set.
Also, some ignored tracks from the first album, maybe Ann? Or a solo track (not from the first three solo albums) maybe from Soldier or Brick by Brick?
Back to top Go down
loranpop

loranpop

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Le Castellet 11 may setlist   Le Castellet 11 may setlist Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 3:55 pm

Fabrice, I'm OK with U. A great show as ever. They all were good as usual. I'm sure it's gonna be a great year. I jumped on stage ( Banana dance yeah I know...) Mike was really cool with us ("you made it guys !!") even James.
Fabrice, do you have other pics or videos ?
Back to top Go down
fabrice

PostSubject: Re: Le Castellet 11 may setlist   Le Castellet 11 may setlist Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:14 pm

thanx for your comments , I suppose we would all enjoy " new " songs into the setlist but the way I see it ( and you can differ ! ) it was a warm up gig and they were already hot , yes , James did a few mean things , I'm confident some fresh stuff will come along the way...

we are all waiting for Sick of You , aren't we ? Head on is a good idea too though already reviving Open up is fantastic....yes more kill city , especially the dark ballads , other than that , I think you can forget it as this is IGGY AND THE STOOGES , and they seem pretty specific about it !

Loranpop , cheers , I took a few crappy pictures , nothing crazy , which I will post when I understand how , sorry I still live in the 20th century , 1970 especially
Back to top Go down
Lucas

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Le Castellet 11 may setlist   Le Castellet 11 may setlist Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:26 pm

They are absolutely not specific about being Iggy and the stooges, since Kill City isn't a stooges record.
Back to top Go down
Luzern

Luzern

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Le Castellet 11 may setlist   Le Castellet 11 may setlist Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Any news on if and when Scott will return to the tour? I thought he was well enough to play again since he appeared at SXSW in Austin.
Back to top Go down
loranpop

loranpop

PostSubject: Re: Le Castellet 11 may setlist   Le Castellet 11 may setlist Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:17 pm

@ Fabrice : we're all stuck in those years dude Bow Down I gonna wait till 69
@ Luzern : no news... that was the very bad surprise of the show Sad
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Le Castellet 11 may setlist   Le Castellet 11 may setlist Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:37 pm

thanks for the reports,hopefully anyone recorded the show? a shame no louie louie,or new songs,I wondered if they practiced with scott or larry?
Back to top Go down
loranpop

loranpop

PostSubject: Re: Le Castellet 11 may setlist   Le Castellet 11 may setlist Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:45 pm

Back to top Go down
EyeGee

EyeGee

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Le Castellet 11 may setlist   Le Castellet 11 may setlist Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Thanks for posting Fabrice!!!! glad you could make it.

too bad about Rock but I really think he'll play again in the future. Transcontinental travel can be tough.
Back to top Go down
fabrice

PostSubject: Re: Le Castellet 11 may setlist   Le Castellet 11 may setlist Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 12:17 am

thanx for the link loranpop , love the pix !
Back to top Go down
loranpop

loranpop

PostSubject: Re: Le Castellet 11 may setlist   Le Castellet 11 may setlist Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 9:52 pm

4 new pix from Fabrice !
Thanx

Le Castellet 11 may setlist ?ui=2&ik=4a1a32fae4&view=att&th=1379f14c10ba5ae9&attid=0

Le Castellet 11 may setlist ?ui=2&ik=4a1a32fae4&view=att&th=1379f14c10ba5ae9&attid=0

Back to top Go down
naafo

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Le Castellet 11 may setlist   Le Castellet 11 may setlist Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:02 pm

Hey everybody !!!

Here's a video of the show of Iggy & The Stooges on the Mini-united festival in le Castellet Marseille.

The show was good, Iggy was great and seemed to be so happy to be here !

Hope you'll enjoy it !!!

Sorry, but as I'm a new member, it seem's The forum doesn't allow me to put the direct link, but try like this :

1 - Go on Youtube and write :

d2JGS0TrKKU

2 - Or, go on Youtube and write : "Iggy & The Stooges - Mini United - Le Castellet (France 11-02-2012)" (it's the 3th one).

Still you can leave some comments, I'll be pleased !

Enjoy !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Le Castellet 11 may setlist   Le Castellet 11 may setlist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Le Castellet 11 may setlist
Page 1 of 1