Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iggy Pop receives lifetime achivement award.

Go down 
+2
Colin Chaos
heavy liquid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Iggy Pop receives lifetime achivement award. Empty
PostSubject: Iggy Pop receives lifetime achivement award.   Iggy Pop receives lifetime achivement award. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 7:24 pm

Lifetime achievement award for Iggy Pop
Tuesday Sep 18 21:48 AEST
AP - Iggy Pop has been named the winner of a lifetime achievement award in Britain.

The grandfather of punk has been invited to collect the gong at Wednesday night's Vodafone Live Music Awards.

Pop, 60, said of his win: "I want to thank the fans that put me up on the stage for so long."

The US star follows in the footsteps of The Who, after the band took the Freddie Mercury Lifetime Achievement title last year.

This year's awards, held in central London, will see Lily Allen go head to head with Kate Nash, Amy Winehouse and KT Tunstall in the Best Live Female category.

Mark Ronson, Jamie T, James Morrison and Mika will battle it out for Best Live Male.

Muse, the Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian and the Arctic Monkeys are up for Best Live Act.

The judging panel for Pop's award was made up of music industry insiders.

Link

Colin Chaos

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop receives lifetime achivement award.   Iggy Pop receives lifetime achivement award. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 7:44 pm

Excellent!!!
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop receives lifetime achivement award.   Iggy Pop receives lifetime achivement award. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 8:13 pm

Europe is always ahead of the USA in terms of musical acceptance and appreciation. This is yet another example!
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
sickness

sickness

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop receives lifetime achivement award.   Iggy Pop receives lifetime achivement award. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 11:51 pm

Long life for the king!
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop receives lifetime achivement award.   Iggy Pop receives lifetime achivement award. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2007 3:52 pm

Awh cool now i have a reason to watch, i watched it last year in the knowledge they'd have to have the greatest front man ever given an award, as it was the first year of it i think, but they only had a cuple contemporary bands on, yay, thank god he's gettin recognition in the live field, only once b4 have i seen the stooges mentioned in a live list type thing, and U2 came b4 em, and i know theyre good live, i guess, but i think they only did it cos the stooges wud've come first and no-one really knows the stooges, good for them
Back to top Go down
stoogescraze

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop receives lifetime achivement award.   Iggy Pop receives lifetime achivement award. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 11:02 pm

finally some recognition !
it is amazing it took so long
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iggy Pop receives lifetime achivement award.   Iggy Pop receives lifetime achivement award. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iggy Pop receives lifetime achivement award.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Down on the Street.-
Jump to: