Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IGGY AND CLEOPATRA RECORDS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-03-08

IGGY AND CLEOPATRA RECORDS Empty
PostSubject: IGGY AND CLEOPATRA RECORDS   IGGY AND CLEOPATRA RECORDS Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:45 am

Does anybody know what the deal with Iggy and Cleopatra records is? Did he just go in one day and record five years' worth of cover songs so that Cleopatra could release them one by one on various compilation LP's? So far this year he's got "White Christmas" on that X-mas comp, and a song each on that Black Keys and The Who tribute albums. The last two have the same set of (I guess) studio musicians playing on them. Rather than this one-song-at-a-time deal, they oughtta just release a complete Iggy Lp of covers songs. But that's Cleopatra for you.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

IGGY AND CLEOPATRA RECORDS Empty
PostSubject: Re: IGGY AND CLEOPATRA RECORDS   IGGY AND CLEOPATRA RECORDS Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 2:52 am

I'm not sure, but if Iggy/Stooges don't own the rights to songs then I think record companies can license them from the owners. That would explain why Cleopatra only puts Iggy's covers on their comps, as opposed to originals.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com

IGGY AND CLEOPATRA RECORDS
Page 1 of 1