Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine. Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine.   Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 6:34 pm

Every month Mojo Magazine chooses a band or artist and does a Top 10 'How to buy' article.

Next month's is 'Top 10 LP's by Iggy Pop and Iggy & the Stooges'

They welcome reader contributions and comments to

www.mojo4music.com or email to mojo@bauermedia.co.uk with subject "How to buy Iggy" - best comments will be printed.

I know everyone on the forum has an opinion on this and now's your chance to maybe get it in print!!
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine.   Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 11:20 am

My comment would be 'pay a proper journalist to write your article!'

I don't want to read a bunch of amateur opinions... we can do that online all day long.

It's ok to organise a simple poll and publish the results, but it's cheapskate and boring to solicit unpaid copy for publication. Who needs professional writers anymore when you can get your (sub-standard) copy for free? Evil or Very Mad

In any case the whole idea of a top ten league table of 'Iggy Pop and Iggy & The Stooges' LPs is flawed. It reduces The Stooges to equal status with any of Iggy's various other backing bands.

I call Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine. 225830

Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine.   Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 2:28 pm

Chill out Woody.

I think you've misunderstood this a little.

This is a regular feature that this mag writes itself. I think they just think its cool for fans to express their passion for certain artists work - in a couple lines.
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine.   Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 12:45 am

Haha yeah I admit to a momentary lapse of chill. Laughing

Maybe Mojo is better than it sounds and uses readers' comments creatively without simply reprinting them verbatim. No sweat.

BUT I still don't think the two Stooges albums should be categorised with Iggy's solo records.

It's also true that there are more important things to worry about. Wink
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine.   Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:47 pm

http://www.mojo4music.com/blog/2012/11/how_to_buy_iggy_pop.html

Think this issue (Johnny Marr cover) is now in the shops but I aint had a chance to pick it up.

At the ends the day...
Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.
Back to top Go down
MJG196

MJG196

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine.   Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 5:38 pm

jpod wrote:

Think this issue (Johnny Marr cover) is now in the shops but I aint had a chance to pick it up.

Imagine that, MOJO putting a Smith, Stone, or Beatle on the cover!

Aside from that bit of sarcasm, it's by far the best music mag around.
Back to top Go down
http://myoldcrap.blogspot.com
jpod

jpod

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine.   Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 6:01 pm

MJG196 wrote:
jpod wrote:

Imagine that, MOJO putting a Smith, Stone, or Beatle on the cover!

Aside from that bit of sarcasm, it's by far the best music mag around.

Ha Ha! So true MJG. I actually recently cancelled my subscription because I couldn't take the constant Beatles coverage. Of course its all about sales and they have to feature the 'big bands'.
I did get a very cool Elektra 'Forever Changing' 5 Disc Box Set as a subscription 'gift' so can't complain too much!
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine.   Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 4:34 pm

Well I take it all back, my prejudice was unfounded. A quick sneaky peek at the article and it's not a cut & paste job at all. Looked like each album has a description merely captioned with a brief quote from a reader. Paul T's name features prominently too, so looks like proper stuff.

Interesting list - if I remember right from a very quick look, seemed Lust For Life is #1, The Idiot #2, then Kill City, then New Values (?). Metallic KO is there at number 5 or 6 I think, but it's good to see no place in the top ten for The Stooges, Fun House or Raw Power.

Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine.   Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 2:30 am

No mention in Mojo of this onehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEd9tJDGUeQ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine.   Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 'How to Buy' Iggy/Stooges Mojo Magazine.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: