Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

James; post Stooges, what's next?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
msteeln

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-01-08

James; post Stooges, what's next? Empty
PostSubject: James; post Stooges, what's next?   James; post Stooges, what's next? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 1:05 am

If this, or next, year is the swan song for our boys, it's got me wondering if James will continue with music, if he's got the bug deep enuf again to keep the rock rolling. He's certainly gone thru pains of being more than up to snuff on guitar, the torture of touring (even in style), writing, buying a huge quiver of rockin' guitars, learning new tech tricks, and gawd knows what else, so he's invested heavily these last few years, will he simply pack it all up and just hang at home with the family (and I mean his quantitive Hawaiian steel guitar family)?
I'm sure Ig will go on til he drops, Scott will probably be glad to bid it all adieu, but James is a cheetah of differing spots, and I'm betting he's not ready to retire, that he'll be around for some time to come. The Stooges, his SONY career, and front page reemergence on guitar may not be his whole story, I'm hoping for some real suprises in '14 and beyond.
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: James; post Stooges, what's next?   James; post Stooges, what's next? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 1:31 am

I hope the new songwriting will reinvigorate the touring show, and add a few more years to the band's live career. I hope there's no swan song this year or next. If James has his songwriting thing still fit and well (after so many decades) and Iggy is inspired lyrically by him... it could be a new beginning. Maybe the live show could begin to feature an all new set even. The guys must surely be ready for some new material.
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: James; post Stooges, what's next?   James; post Stooges, what's next? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 2:59 am

I think he's invigorated by playing music again, with or without the Stooges, this was proven by the Wendy James recording.

I'm expecting a lot from the new material
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
msteeln

PostSubject: Re: James; post Stooges, what's next?   James; post Stooges, what's next? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 3:03 am

I could see all that happening as well, woody, and that they havn't yet made it to my shores for a gig means I'm up for it, but... James knows all too well how Iggy tends to sabotage things when they get going good and I'm a bit suprised that hasn't happened already, maybe his Rolls Royce is telling him to be cool. There must be many doors waiting now to fly open for James even if The Stooges do end and he wants to continue in some form. He's been a busy bee building up momentum for himself, it'd be a shame if he put that Les Paul back in the case for good.
Had to google the Wendy thing, SG, so with things like that the odds are in our favor for him to keep the fires burning, but it'll be a different James without Iggy to bounce things off of.
http://dangerousminds.net/comments/wendy_james_exclusive_interview_and_tracks_james_williamson_james_sclavunos
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: James; post Stooges, what's next?   James; post Stooges, what's next? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 2:31 pm

well I don't see how could anyone go back to a music career , learn , practice the chords , rehearse , record and go through the pain and joy of touring worldwide , after a 30 year break just for a few years and quit !

plus most musicians ( and I don't mean singer , performer , actor , etc... ) do play until they drop cold , it is really obvious if you're also into other music styles ( how old is BB King ? Chuck Berry... ) maybe not so obvious in the so-called Rock business , filled with phonies who take the dough and call it a day !
Back to top Go down
msteeln

PostSubject: Re: James; post Stooges, what's next?   James; post Stooges, what's next? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 11:55 pm

fabrice wrote:
well I don't see how could anyone go back to a music career , learn , practice the chords , rehearse , record and go through the pain and joy of touring worldwide , after a 30 year break just for a few years and quit!
But then, James isn't just anyone, and he certainly walked away from it all when it really mattered, albeit unhappily. And having just read a great interview with him stating that after doing the New Values cut and Iggy wanting to have him do Soldier only to realize he no longer had the bug, it could happen again, especially emphasized with probably millions in the bank, wrapping up a new Stooges CD, having done the world tours and no NEED to continue when he's got other things to enjoy at retirement age, I could see him tossing it and relaxing at his two sweetly located homes with a satisfying aire of satisfaction and merely get his groove on with his steels. He's got lifetime cred to jam with anybody any time, should he wish to crank it up, and depending on the new material he most likely has nothing left to prove. It all comes back to if the fire is burning enuf to continue doing his loud thing and creating more memorable rock riffs. I've got my fingers crossed that he will keep at it for a few more years, but I may not be willing to lay money on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James; post Stooges, what's next?   James; post Stooges, what's next? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

James; post Stooges, what's next?
Page 1 of 1