Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD

Go down 
+3
neven
woody
that's peanut butter
7 posters
AuthorMessage
that's peanut butter

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-09-03

Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Empty
PostSubject: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:43 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Asheton-Ron-Tribute-Concert-Stooges/dp/B00B81NQ88/

The April 19 2011 concert in Ann Arbor with Iggy and the Stooges with Henry Rollins and Deniz Tek.

Two hours long. 15 dollars pre-order. I'm really looking forward to this, the concert was great.
Back to top Go down
that's peanut butter

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 6:37 pm

From the MVD page

Ron Asheton - Tribute Concert With Iggy & The Stooges And Friends
Live concert tribute to brother Ron Asheton featuring the Stooges, Henry Rollins and more!
Ron Asheton - Tribute Concert With Iggy & The Stooges And Friends

List Price: $16.95

Recorded live at the Michigan Theater, this heartfelt tribute/celebration of Stooge guitarist Ron Asheton's life and music featured Iggy and the Stooges, Henry Rollins, and guest guitarist Deniz Tek (Radio Birdman). Includes a string section on a few Stooges classics! All profits from the sale of the DVD go to the Ron Asheton Foundation which supports animal welfare and music.
Track Listing

I Got a Right (with Henry Rollins)
Raw Power
Search and Destroy
Gimme Danger
Shake Appeal
L.A. Blues
Night Theme
Beyond the Law
Fun House

Open Up And Bleed
Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell
I Wanna Be Your Dog
TV Eye
Loose
Dirt
Real Cool Time
Iggy's Speech
Ron's Tune
No Fun

Sales Points

Featuring Deniz Tek on guest guitar
Hosted by Henry Rollins (also sings on 'I Got A Right')
String section on some Stooges classics
All proceeds go to the Ron Asheton Foundation

Press

It was a typical night of Stooges-style brutality but in an even more passionate form, as the group and its guests took a wide swing through the repertoire, clearly moved by the sense of occasion and the cacophonous spirit of the 1,700 fans who snapped up tickets for the concert in less than an hour.

—Gary Graff, BILLBOARD

Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 11:00 pm

Oh-oh, thanks for the notice.

All profits from the sale of the DVD go to the Ron Asheton Foundation.

This should sell a million, if there's any sense left in the world. Placing my order now.

Thanks man.
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 12:21 pm

this is good news!!
Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 5:11 pm

fabulous !
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 3:27 pm

Yeah, Really great news. And great that the proceeds go to Ron's charity.
Cant wait of this one.
Back to top Go down
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 12:41 am

I just heard from MVD and they said that the release date has been pushed back to June. Waaah!
Back to top Go down
that's peanut butter

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 7:12 am

Well damn. Still glad it's coming out.
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:51 am

June? Grrrr...

Still, delayed gratification is supposed to build character. geek
Back to top Go down
neven

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 8:31 pm

Heard 2 years ago jim Jarmush was gonna do a Sttooges doc and recorded the Ron show for this doc.
So what about the doc. with old Stooges footage?
Back to top Go down
msteeln

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 4:19 am

Any word if the night's ending tribute tune to Ron by Iggy and James (on lap steel) will be included?
Back to top Go down
that's peanut butter

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 4:38 am

msteelin, that song is called Ron's Tune and it is on the list, so we should see it. It's also on youtube (or it was) as an audience video.

I am wondering what they mean exactly by Iggy's speech. Is it the presentation and acceptance of the key(s) to the city? Or is it the preamble to Ron's Tune?
Back to top Go down
that's peanut butter

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 4:49 am

Also wondering if the DVD was moved back from April release because of a possible Ready To Die release in April. (Someone had said that was the release month.) Ready To Die is not mentioned yet on Amazon that I can see.
Back to top Go down
neven

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 10:41 am

why not 2 releases on his birthday?
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 11:06 am

I hope it's been delayed because of the anticipated overwhelming demand.

Back to top Go down
fabrice

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2011-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 4:05 pm

hopefully they need more time to also have the blu-ray ready !
Back to top Go down
msteeln

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 9:55 pm

Thanx for the hope, tpb, it's only fitting that Ron's Tune should be included. It was the most poignant part of the nite for me.
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 10:02 pm

Yeah, that and the orchestral Dirt were the highlights for me. Oh and every single thing D. Tek did.
Back to top Go down
msteeln

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 10:49 pm

woody wrote:
every single thing D. Tek did.
ditto That show made me a new/big fan of Tek The Monster.
Back to top Go down
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 7:44 am

Amazon is saying release date is June 4.

I hope in the special features it includes Rollins' & Scott's speeches and the slide show with the orchestra. Those were definite highlights. Even the opening group of teenage Stooges was cool.
Back to top Go down
jpod

jpod

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 7:05 pm

osterbergermeister wrote:
I just heard from MVD and they said that the release date has been pushed back to June. Waaah!

Yeah this is balls having to wait!

I'm assuming it so the DVD can piggie-back on the promotion of the album release.

I HATE WAITING!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD   Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ron Asheton Tribute Concert coming out on DVD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: