Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ist full song from the new album!

Go down 
+22
heypeter
Dubby
Pop Stüge
fabrice
mc
soldier
adamsmith13
neven
trailerborn
Stoojiman
951Sib
homesickjameswilliamson
rabid_fish
freemind
Nadja
ChuckN
woody
ziggy
mghifi
Metsej
adams66
studioguy
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

Ist full song from the new album! Empty
PostSubject: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:27 pm

Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
adams66

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 1:14 am

Thanks for the link, That was pretty good! I think it'll need a few more listens but on just one play I like it better than much of the Weirdness, and it sounds terrific. Cracking production from JW.
Cheers,
Richard
Back to top Go down
Metsej

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 1:23 am

Hi. This riff is incredible. I didn't expect that it will be so... heavy. Sounds good for me. Can anyone write the lyrics, please?

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/zespolkoniec
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 2:05 am

Metsej wrote:
Hi. This riff is incredible. I didn't expect that it will be so... heavy. Sounds good for me. Can anyone write the lyrics, please?

I didn't expect this much heaviness either, I like it!!
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
mghifi

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:30 am

Great riff! Looking forward to the album.
Back to top Go down
ziggy

ziggy

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 10:51 am

Damn, it's Beat Em Up and Skull Ring all over again.
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:17 am

Hey Metsej, as far as I can tell it's something like this...

Burn burn
Am I concerned?

Should I be so?
Well I don't know

The goddess of beauty is beckoning to me
I got a lesson to learn

And his insights
In the firelight

The feelings of youth are looking for truth
And the truth's gonna make 'em squirm

Cause the man of the future's a bullying bruiser
And he's looking for a new worm

As the wind blows
Through your window

Now you're on trial
Berlin style

The spectre of beauty is all it is to me
Guess I got a lesson to learn

Burn burn, they're taking over
As the world turns

I'm on file
With a reptile

Burn burn, they're taking over baby
Burn burn, they're taking over

The goddess of beauty is beckoning to me
I got a lesson to learn

Because there's no god
In this crowd

Baby burn burn they're taking over
Burn burn they're taking over baby...

Welcome to the forum! Smile
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:34 am

The riff isn't too bad, especially that part in the intro. But this sounds too much like progressive heavy metal to me Sad Guns'n Roses/Skull Ring/Weirdness comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

Number of posts : 2617
Registration date : 2007-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 1:16 pm

The link isn't working for me, but I think it's just my computer. I was in a real hurry to listen to this..but will have to try later!
Back to top Go down
Metsej

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 1:17 pm

woody wrote:
Hey Metsej, as far as I can tell it's something like this...

Burn burn
(...)

Welcome to the forum! Smile

Thank you.

"I'm on file with a reptile" - great.

EDIT:
Nadja wrote:
The link isn't working for me, but I think it's just my computer. I was in a real hurry to listen to this..but will have to try later!
Try here:
http://soundcloud.com/fatpossum/iggy-and-the-stooges-burn
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/zespolkoniec
freemind

freemind

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 1:51 pm

Great stuff ! What a Face
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 3:16 pm

I think so too.

I was a bit disappointed at first - I know what you mean about Skull Ring etc - but the lyric is fun and the more times I listened to it the more I liked it. It's heavy, but ballads are promised too, so it might turn out to be a great album. I hope so!

Suspect Iggy's voice is much better suited to ballads these days.

What will swing it for me overall is if James has been able to conjure up an ATMOSPHERE.
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:40 pm

[quote="Metsej"][EDIT:
[
Try here:
http://soundcloud.com/fatpossum/iggy-and-the-stooges-burn[/quote]

thank you!

Not sure just what I was expecting from this - but I do quite like it. The guitar more so than the vocals, maybe.
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:47 pm

woody wrote:
What will swing it for me overall is if James has been able to conjure up an ATMOSPHERE.
Agree with this partly, but it's hard to see an atmosphere being created no matter how inventive he is on the other songs, if the sound is as polished as this. It just don't sound like the REAL Stooges(a primitive punk rock band).
Back to top Go down
rabid_fish

rabid_fish

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:44 pm

I loved it... It sounds more like hard rock, I didn't feel that heavy metal thing some of you listened. And that's good because I hate heavy metal Evil or Very Mad ...

I'm still madly in love with scott's minimalistic aproach to the drumming section, with Ron gone, I think that him most of all the rest give the band it's characteristic primitive sound.
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 1:07 am

Glad to finally get to hear something; must admit i was a bit nervous about new material after hearing the snippet on the video of scarecrow iggy - sounded very beat em up, which was my reaction to this first but as i listened it has a great groove to it that beat em up didnt have

the guitar actually reminds me of ron on weirdness, which is...weird, but mostly scott asheton on drums impressed me; think thats where the groove is coming from - that asheton touch

iyrics are good and iggys voice is strong, and as has been mentioned the production is great; it might be too clean but i'll need to hear the album to understand it better

but most importantly, i like it and am looking forward to its release
Back to top Go down
951Sib

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2010-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 2:05 pm

Ok, this is better than anything from The Weirdness. But I still don't like it Neutral
Back to top Go down
Stoojiman

Stoojiman

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 4:51 pm

I'm loving the riff and the drum groove. Also the lyrics are a vast improvement on the last album. Still wish that I could hear a bit more of Watt's bass.

It's not gonna be Raw Power II, but it sounds like it'll be a respectable finale.
Back to top Go down
ChuckN

ChuckN

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 5:48 pm

rabid_fish wrote:
It sounds more like hard rock, I didn't feel that heavy metal thing some of you listened.
Fair enough, it's hard-rock not metal, and it beats probably any song on Weirdness. still...
Back to top Go down
trailerborn

trailerborn

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 7:49 am

'Burn' is really growing on me. It's not Raw Power2, but substitute maturity and wisdom for heroin & poverty and this is the best possible outcome. The lyrics really hit home in this age of drone strikes & Fox News. Good job lads!

Here's to Dave & Ron:
http://dangerousminds.net/comments/mindblowing_psychedelia_from_thailand#disqus_thread

Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 10:51 am

Nice thought.

That Khun Narin Phin Sing clip is wonderful.

Dave and Ron would have approved, surely.

Thanks for sharing that. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Nadja

Nadja

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Cool sound, thanks for the link trailerborn
Back to top Go down
neven

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 10:15 pm

this song starts promising but then keeps repeating itself.
heavy production,lots of overdubs
Back to top Go down
adamsmith13

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 4:39 pm

Why do you HATE the Weirdness so much? I mean the second half of the album is just repeating itself, but there are at least three or four fuckin amazing songs on it.
The guitar riff is the only thing I quite like in 'Burn' and they mixed Iggy's voice horribly.
Back to top Go down
mghifi

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:45 pm

neven wrote:
this song starts promising but then keeps repeating itself.

You mean like Penetration, Funhouse, Death Trip etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ist full song from the new album!   Ist full song from the new album! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ist full song from the new album!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Jesus Loves the Stooges.-
Jump to: