Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!

Go down 
+25
JW82
cornholio
Chemmy
lcb
Angusyd van Hyman
G, F#, E
Lucas
Nadja
jimmyo
modernlover
Rode Hard
Ghoulgrl
Loose1969
Stoogemeister
deadtrilogy
StoogesMySpaceAdmin
-E-
Borntohula
Paul T
1969baby
Katy
seventeen
Gimme some skin
Colin Chaos
heavy liquid
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

Number of posts : 1320
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Empty
PostSubject: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 6:08 pm

Elijah Wood is cast to play Iggy in a movie about his life called 'The Passenger'. There is nothing about this movie on IMDB YET, so hopefully Elijah Wood is recast. He can't play Iggy in a movie. Evil or Very Mad Horrible casting. He can't act.

So, what are your thoughs on this wanker playing Iggy?!?!

Colin Chaos

Number of posts : 665
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 7:56 pm

I don't rate him at all!!!
Back to top Go down
Gimme some skin

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 9:40 pm

I don't even know him, haha. Johnny Depp should do it, he's a fan and eccentric.

What is this movie? Got any links?
Back to top Go down
seventeen

seventeen

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 9:55 pm

Can't be worse than that guy from Star Wars and Trainspotting in Velvet Goldmine
Back to top Go down
http://www.seventeenrecords.com
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 2:19 am

Gimme some skin wrote:
I don't even know him, haha. Johnny Depp should do it, he's a fan and eccentric.

What is this movie? Got any links?

Johnny Depp can't do it. Dare I say it, he's too old. Surprised

Here are a few links...

One

Two

Three

There's heaps more. Just type in 'Elijah Wood Iggy Pop' in google.

Number of posts : 349

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 11:30 am

Thanks. I've never seen any of the movies he played in. The hobbit playing Iggy eh...
Back to top Go down
Katy

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 2:29 pm

Last I heard this wasn't happening..?

But I haven't really been paying much attention.

I've got nothing against Elijah Wood, he was creepy as fuck in "Sin City" and he seems nice enough (good taste in music and seems really passionate about it.. he has his own record label and I know he was in attendance at the closing night of CBGBs) but I doubt I'd go and see this movie if it does go ahead.

Nothing against him or anyone, but why would I want to see someone playing at being Iggy when I can actually go see IGGY? yknow?
Back to top Go down
Colin Chaos

Colin Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 12:28 pm

seventeen wrote:
Can't be worse than that guy from Star Wars and Trainspotting in Velvet Goldmine

His name is Ewan McGregor!!!

I thought Velvet Goldmine was funny as fuck!!!
Back to top Go down
seventeen

seventeen

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 9:18 am

Yeah, I didn't like how they did concentrate 290 Iggy's clichés in 30 seconds, it's never that way with Iggy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.seventeenrecords.com
1969baby

1969baby

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 2:07 am

I was annoyed when I first heard about it, but he's not a bad actor. He's short like Iggy, and he doesn't look that different from Iggy's nerdy high school pictures. He's going to have to stop eating altogether though.
Back to top Go down
Paul T

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2007-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 9:46 pm

Actually, Wood does in some respects have the look of the young Iggy, and there's a certain charisma about him that could make this work. It would be a big challenge for the guy.

But... I was publicising my book on a radio station last week, and they'd had Elijah on the week before. THey'd asked him about the movie and he said it's on hold. SOunds as if it's not going to happen. It's possible that Iggy withdrew permission, not certain.

The movie was being made by a company called This IS THat, a very good independent (and there aren't many of those these days) who were responsible for 21 Grams and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
www.trynka.com
Back to top Go down
Borntohula

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2007-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 7:06 pm

Pauly: I hope that hold has some other meaning than that the movie isn't getting made.
And you are more that right about the charisma, just take a look at Woods usage of uncertanity while playing Frodo and stone cold psycopath shit while being the cannibal in Sin city.
I'd say he's the choice of actor for such character as the one Jim created.
Back to top Go down
-E-

-E-

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 2:40 am

It's making the rounds: funding has been arranged, and the film's officially greenlit:

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=Cannes2007&jump=story&id=1061&articleid=VR1117965043&cs=1

Welp, I don't have too much of a beef with the casting - I just hope the quality of the overall film is up to snuff. We don't get too many compelling biopics, and there's just so much material to cover. Hope they don't go the cheap n' easy crowd-pleaser route.
*crosses fingers*
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1412440797&ref=
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 7:15 am

I heard about that. I really fucking hate Elijah Wood. I hope he dies before filming can begin.

-E-

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 5:08 pm

Hey, now, no need to beat around the bush here; we're all friends...

How do you really feel?

Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1412440797&ref=
StoogesMySpaceAdmin

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2007-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 12:13 am

Looks like this movie is a go. Yeah, Elijah Wood is lame. I wonder who they're gonna cast for Ron Asheton. As well as David Bowie. If Ron is even featured in this movie!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/iggyandthestooges
Colin Chaos

Colin Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 12:38 am

heavy liquid wrote:
I heard about that. I really fucking hate Elijah Wood. I hope he dies before filming can begin.
A tad harsh!!!
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2007 5:45 am

Colin Chaos wrote:
heavy liquid wrote:
A tad harsh!!!

I don't want 15 year old idiots who think that he's 'hot' watching this film. Half the audience will probably say 'Whos Iggy Pop?!?!" An unknown should play Iggy AND the rest of the cast.

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 9:57 am

I agree, but in order to sell tickets they feel they need a big name actor.

That's hollywood for ya.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2007 10:31 am

StoogesMySpaceAdmin wrote:
I agree, but in order to sell tickets they feel they need a big name actor.

That's hollywood for ya.

I wouldn't call Elijah Wood a big name actor.

StoogesMySpaceAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 1:12 am

Ok, a bigger name actor...lol.
Back to top Go down
heavy liquid
Admin
heavy liquid

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 3:04 am

Thats better. Wink

Colin Chaos

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 10:01 pm

Iggy backs Elijah
(Wednesday June 27, 2007 06:21 PM)

Iggy Pop has backed Elijah Wood's credentials to play him in an upcoming biopic on the rock legend.

Rumours about a movie following the life and times of The Stooges' icon have been rife for some months, with the "Lord Of The Rings" star tipped to play the lead role.

However, Iggy has revealed there are no concrete plans for the film, days after The Stooges played an acclaimed Saturday evening slot at the Glastonbury Festival.

"We have no agreement yet to even do the film. The producers have got big mouths and keep jumping the gun", Pop told XFM.

However, he continued: "I think Elijah (Wood)'s a very good actor though. If he can play a hobbit then he should be able to play me."

Back to top Go down
deadtrilogy

deadtrilogy

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 1:52 am

Colin Chaos wrote:
Iggy backs Elijah
(Wednesday June 27, 2007 06:21 PM)

If he can play a hobbit then he should be able to play me."

HAHAHA! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Stoogemeister

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2007-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 5:40 pm

My main worry about Wood playing Iggy is that he's a bit of a teen idol...which is probably one of the reasons he was chosen for the part...which would suggest the film will be a rather sanitised version of Iggy's story, rated to pull in teenagers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!   Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughs on Elijah Wood as Iggy?!?!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Down on the Street.-
Jump to: