Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST

Go down 
+2
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
cb
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cb

cb

Number of posts : 522
Registration date : 2007-03-06

Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST Empty
PostSubject: Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST   Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 2:40 am

Back to top Go down
http://iggypop.org, http://straightjameswilliamson.com
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2007-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST   Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 3:18 am

someone please record this vid
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

Number of posts : 1565
Registration date : 2007-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST   Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 5:19 pm

I already enjoyed it...

Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/crazyheartedlover
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2007-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST   Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 8:47 pm

how was it??? i recorded the audio when i watched it. great show in my opinion but there were alotta technical difficulties with the mic's and guitars.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST   Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 9:36 pm

i saw you onstage in the webcast steve.
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST   Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 10:49 pm

I enjoyed the shit out of it. Pure and simple.

And I'm used to seeing an occasional equipment glitch here and there. No big deal really.

A real cool time was had by all....
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST   Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 12:42 am

i audience shot video may surface too, and at least 2 people audience recorded the audio... i tried ripping webcast but there is no way how i think ?
Back to top Go down
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

PostSubject: Re: Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST   Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 1:12 am

thats nice man, glad you went! first time seeing the stooges?
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST   Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 3:09 am

the5thramone37 wrote:
thats nice man, glad you went! first time seeing the stooges?

Yep, first time. AND IT WON'T BE THE LAST IF I CAN HELP IT!!! Very Happy

It cost me a bloody fortune, but it was worth every penny. Wink
Back to top Go down
jimmyo
Half Alive Incubator Baby
jimmyo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST   Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 7:27 am

awesome
Back to top Go down
the5thramone37
Dog Food
the5thramone37

PostSubject: Re: Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST   Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 9:37 pm

nice dude!
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST   Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 9:58 pm

I can die happy now. Very Happy

(Well, many, MANY years from now, I hope!)
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST   Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 6:05 pm

Smile I hope the webcast archives are up soon. i'd love to see it again
Back to top Go down
Loose1969
Free & Freaky
Loose1969

PostSubject: Re: Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST   Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 9:13 pm

Me too.
Back to top Go down
Rode Hard
Rich Bitch
Rode Hard

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2007-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST   Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 6:18 pm

Vegoose Music Festival, Day 1
Sam Boyd Stadium and Star Nursery Field, Las Vegas, NV - 10.27.07
by Will Theisen, Photo by Jason Merritt | 11.05.2007

Queens of the Stone Age don’t preach.
Iggy Pop doesn’t age.

These are the things that make The Vegoose Music Festival so much fun. The music notwithstanding, Las Vegas is already the right place to celebrate Halloween. A city with no preconceived limitation for extravagance and an undisputed reputation for all things so sinfully hedonistic will always be the obvious epicenter for a Halloween jump-off. It’s a freak breeding ground, and pedigrees abound. Pirates walked hand-in-hand with vamps, and Mexican-wrestlers ate Spicy Pie. between the Snake Eyes Stage and the Jokers Wild Stage at sunset, the music of The Shins and M.I.A. came together for a strange mash-up of adorable pop silliness and vicious baile-funk.

M.I.A. did to the desert what she’s done to so many Brazilian favelas and Sri-Lankan slums; she turned the whole place into a psychedelic, hipster version of Dance 360. The nerve-racking sound of gunshots mixed with trumpets for a violent fanfare that announced she was here to party, but she wasn’t going to be very nice about it. Behind her the screen showed images of impoverished youths popping and locking in the ghetto, and incredibly attractive people dancing amid colorful cubes and puppets. It looked like a Jim Henson interpretation of “City of God.” Political undertones aside, M.I.A.’s mix of Blue Monday samples, electro-funk vibe, Jamaican reggaeton, and rapid-fire lyrics make for the best dance party since Madonna died, or converted to Hindu, or whatever it was that happened to her. Finishing her set by not merely inviting but demanding that the audience comes up to dance with her, M.I.A. got a huge crowd on stage.

Queens of the Stone Age wanted the crowd to get inebriated also, by any means necessary. “Nicotine, Adderall, Vicodin, Marijuana, Ecstasy and Alcohol, and you’re guaranteed to get laid” Josh Homme declared in an impromptu version of “Feel Good Hit of the Summer.” Forgoing the colorful lights to focus on the music, QOTSA continued to stridently ignore the world’s problems, louder and faster than anybody else.

Whoever decided to schedule QOTSA’s set during Iggy Pop’s was likely killed or tortured by one of the many livid attendees torn with indecision during the 45-minute overlap. Iggy Pop and the Stooges walked onto a stage that hasn’t changed much since the late-‘60s, when they redirected the sound of rock and roll towards a rougher, murkier terrain with their timeless, filthy candor. In fact, the stage probably hasn’t changed much since James Osterberg got his ‘Iggy’ moniker playing drums for his Michigan High School band The Iguanas. It’s still just a stack of Marshall Amps and a plain drum kit. There are no insignias, there’s no screen, there’s no fog, and there’s no need for any of it. The American national treasure that is Iggy Pop doesn’t need much external flair to convince a crowd that he’s worth his legacy.

Iggy ran onto the stage wearing your girlfriend’s tightest jeans. Twisting and gyrating across the stage like a maniac who doesn’t realize there’s anyone else in the room, let alone thousands of screaming fans, Iggy steps up to the microphone like the meanest kind in school about to scream at the audience for being a bunch of dorks. Instead, he wishes everyone a “Happy Halloween.”

It’s a perfect example of the polarity of Iggy Pop. He’s mean, violent, dirty, vulgar and obscene, but he’ll stop and look at the crowd with a grin that’s so genuinely benevolent that your presence is unmistakably welcome. That’s the difference between Iggy Pop and the many rock stars he’s inspired. While others might perform for sheer promotion, dancing on the wallets of their admirers, Iggy behaves like he’s paying us for the opportunity to act this way.

Joining Iggy are the Asheton brothers Ron and Scott on guitar and drums, former Minuteman Mike Watt on bass, and saxophonist Steve McKay. One vital member of the stage crew is the “Iggy Wrangler,” a guy who follows Iggy around onstage constantly, picking up mic-stands, fixing knocked over drum kits, and untying knotted cables that Iggy gets twisted. This man is never introduced, but he works as hard as anyone else on stage, a testament to Iggy’s exuberance.
Back to top Go down
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES
Street Walkin Cheetah
JESUS_LOVES_THE_STOOGES

PostSubject: Re: Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST   Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 7:20 pm

i just got the full show on dvd of the webcast at excellent quality full TV size Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST   Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vegoose webcast , Sunday, Oct. 28 9:45PM EST
Page 1 of 1