Stooges Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stooges Forum

Welcome to the Fun House

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iggy on The BBC, Sundays

Go down 
+4
osterbergermeister
Donald
gazatthebop
woody
8 posters
AuthorMessage
woody

woody

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2011-02-07

Iggy on The BBC, Sundays Empty
PostSubject: Iggy on The BBC, Sundays   Iggy on The BBC, Sundays Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 5:15 pm

Anyone else enjoyed hearing Iggy's first show?  

Still available to hear, here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03yb98j

at least until the 22nd or so...
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Iggy on The BBC, Sundays   Iggy on The BBC, Sundays Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 11:46 am

Yeah it's a pretty smart move on the part of the BBC to get Iggy to do 32 shows as a dj. Usually guest musician dj's only get one show.
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: Iggy on The BBC, Sundays   Iggy on The BBC, Sundays Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 2:33 pm

I wonder how far in advance the shows are recorded... it would be interesting to know that. Like at what point in the upcoming shows will he be minded of Scott.
Back to top Go down
gazatthebop

gazatthebop

Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2009-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Iggy on The BBC, Sundays   Iggy on The BBC, Sundays Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 2:50 pm

I was thinking that too, as the shows roll out i expect Iggy to mention Stooges fact & trivia in passing, but his music choices have been good so far.
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: Iggy on The BBC, Sundays   Iggy on The BBC, Sundays Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 5:14 pm

Very good - eclectic, varied and interesting. Of course his voice is terrific too, and let's hope he gets into a lot of story-telling. It's a real gift for the BBC to be putting this out.
Back to top Go down
Donald

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Iggy on The BBC, Sundays   Iggy on The BBC, Sundays Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:19 pm

Iggy paid tribute to Scott in the second show playing No Fun and Dirt.
Back to top Go down
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Iggy on The BBC, Sundays   Iggy on The BBC, Sundays Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 11:34 pm

Did anyone happen to record Iggy's first two shows (March 16 & 23)? I got this week's (30th) but didn't have a streaming audio recorder before now. Please let me know!

Thanks, Steve
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: Iggy on The BBC, Sundays   Iggy on The BBC, Sundays Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 10:31 am

Here you go -

http://rollins-archive.com/iggy.html

The most excellent Rollins Archive is also taking the trouble to share Iggy with us so we don't have to miss a beat.  cheers 
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: Iggy on The BBC, Sundays   Iggy on The BBC, Sundays Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 12:03 am

Nice to hear Dave getting a mention - "a dreamy kid" - on the Love & Sex show, and one of his favourite tunes played - that piece by Love.

Listening to his radio reminiscences makes me think Iggy really really should do a serious autobiography. Really. Ron should've, Scott should've, Iggy oughta. It'd be a best seller.
Back to top Go down
osterbergermeister

osterbergermeister

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Iggy on The BBC, Sundays   Iggy on The BBC, Sundays Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 8:36 pm

Thank You, Woody!!
Steve
Back to top Go down
homesickjameswilliamson
Modern Guy, Modern Guy
homesickjameswilliamson

Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2007-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Iggy on The BBC, Sundays   Iggy on The BBC, Sundays Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 10:10 pm

Thanks for the link Woody, i seem to miss these on sundays. Bookmarked!

Only caught up the the heartaches & rebels episodes the other day.

Its an interesting show; great tunes, and iggys is enthralling to listen to, as if he is sitting next to you in a bar, not like a phony radio voice, which maybe he'll develop over the course of the year as he gets more professional/used to it, but its refreshing to hear his honesty and despair as commentary to these tracks.
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: Iggy on The BBC, Sundays   Iggy on The BBC, Sundays Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 12:43 am

I sure hope he doesn't get slick with practice, and that we get more and more nuggets of Stooge-lore week by week. Smile
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: Iggy on The BBC, Sundays   Iggy on The BBC, Sundays Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:30 pm

Is Iggy OK? He missed his show last week, and today too, and not scheduled for next week either. I thought this was to be every Sunday til September or so.

Anyone know if he's busy doing anything elsewhere? Sure hope he's not unwell.

The last show he did gave no clue that he'd be taking time off...
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: Iggy on The BBC, Sundays   Iggy on The BBC, Sundays Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 3:18 pm

No show forthcoming on the 22nd either, so that's 4 weeks missing. No clue on his Facebook page for the reason for his absence. No hint from the BBC. He was advertised as every Sunday for the rest of the year so it seems surprising.

Long-term illness? Working elsewhere? Anyone have a clue?
Back to top Go down
damned

damned

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Iggy on The BBC, Sundays   Iggy on The BBC, Sundays Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 1:00 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.search-and-destroy.it
TED
A funhouse boy will steal your heart away
TED

Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2007-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Iggy on The BBC, Sundays   Iggy on The BBC, Sundays Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 10:34 am

Woody, I was wondering what happened to his shows too.
Back to top Go down
woody

woody

PostSubject: Re: Iggy on The BBC, Sundays   Iggy on The BBC, Sundays Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 11:13 am

Just spotted that he's back on the schedule for Sunday 29th so hopefully all's well.  Like a Star @ heaven 
Back to top Go down
studioguy

studioguy

Number of posts : 840
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Iggy on The BBC, Sundays   Iggy on The BBC, Sundays Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 8:53 pm

He was on today, but I missed it. I'll have to get the replay. The theme was modern medicine, so maybe he was sick or something
Back to top Go down
http://belowgroundsound.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iggy on The BBC, Sundays   Iggy on The BBC, Sundays Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iggy on The BBC, Sundays
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stooges Forum :: Stooges Main. :: Gimme Danger.-
Jump to: